NOW WATCHING (TV/MOVIES/ETC)

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Re: NOW WATCHING (TV/MOVIES/ETC)

Post by age of quarrel »

I liked this is england the movie but found the ending kind of rushed. to me it felt like the director/editor were like "oh shit we have to end this movie in 15 minutes!" and they just rushed the ending. havent seen the '86 series but plan on watching it.
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
Token
VIHC Poster

Post by Token »

I've been feeling like watching Eraserhead and Videodrome again lately.. That, and The Warriors..
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

Finished TIE 86' and thought the 4th episode was great. The series wasn't as good as the movie but really was anybody actually expecting it to be? I enjoyed it.
Victoria Straight Edge
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

Will watch Boardwalk Empire episode two tonight. Watched S2E1 of Modern Family - not that great/funny, but still nice to see more of them.
No movies lately, I've been buried under so many old books to read. Will watch TIE 86 E4 soon; I don't expect much, but it sounds like it's a good wrap up from what you dudes said.

On Dave Mac's tangent, I completely agree about the characters suddenly becoming friendly. The first episode pissed me off so much because of that. I feel they entered dangerous territory with using the same characters in a TV show based off of the movie, yet altering them and their relationships too much to the point of absurdity (eg. Store owner now friendly with Sean and his Mom after what happened in the movie). Also Sean's character drives me crazy. I wonder why they decided to go with fat and lazy when his character in the movie was the opposite? Also when Smell meets Sean in the hospital and all of a sudden it's like "oh where have you been for the last three years? Good to see you". That seemed SO weak. Other than that the cinematography is enjoyable and some of the scenes are really enjoyable.
VIVA like
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

as I told Willa today, make take on it:

If you look at it as a 4part tv series with characters you are already somehow familer with but don't hold it to the movie. It's great and entertaining.
If you look at it as as a sequal to the movie and expect it to be like the movie/on par with the movie/a strong relation to the movie. You will be let down.
Victoria Straight Edge
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret starts tonight and I am pretty excited. David Cross rules.
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
Mikey
VIHC Poster

Post by Mikey »

I am a loser and will be watching Supernatural tonight. Season 5 was really great, season 6 looks like it will shape up to be awesome as well.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

Watched Exit Through The Gift Shop (imdb:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587707/) last night. A very interesting movie. Anyone seen it yet? I'm still not sure what to think of it.

Also, Jordan, I agree with your view, but, like I said earlier, they shouldn't have tried to make a continuation of the movie. It has the same characters and setting, three years later, but different chemistry. It just doesn't add up and I think they shouldn't have dabbled in trying to make a 'sequel'. I'm sure if people hadn't seen the movie, it'd be acceptable as a TV show.
VIVA like
dave mac
No self righteousness here, was just pointing out a flawed statement

Post by dave mac »

KYLESTYLE wrote:Watched Exit Through The Gift Shop (imdb:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587707/) last night. A very interesting movie. Anyone seen it yet? I'm still not sure what to think of it.
Exit Through The Gift Shop is hilarious and is truly brilliant any way you look at it:

-If Mr. Brainwash is 100% legit and not manufactured by Banksy - mind boggling, and ETTGS is a great documentary about a truly fascinating phenomena.

-If Mr. Brainwash was constructed by/colluded with Banksy and used to dupe the LA art crowd - genius, Banksy's true masterpiece.

-If Mr. Brainwash was constructed and the art show and the reactions to it were all staged for the movie - Still biting satire about the art world, and really funny.

I personally go for #2... but any way you slice it ETTGS is great.
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

exactly. I do believe it is a wonderful piece of work, but like you said it leaves a lot to think about. It really made me, again, question what defines art and how desire and hype is artificially created. I really like the line (paraphrase) "so who was the joke on? I'm not sure who... or if there was a joke". Brilliant. Every way I look at it I'm impressed, but there's that part that wants to know what ACTUALLY happened--but I think that's what makes it brilliant. Also, Thierry reminds me of a very annoying French person I know.
VIVA like
grungePIG
VIHC Poster

Post by grungePIG »

i've never seen the 80s batman so i'm watching it right now (i like the majority of tim burton's work so i've steered clear of it til now despite my love for superhero movies).
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

It's Always Sunny had to many good lol's
Victoria Straight Edge
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

Jordan f. wrote:It's Always Sunny had to many good lol's
"I thought it was a phone bill so I signed it."
"...why would you sign a phone bill?"

watched Get Him To The Greek this morning. It made me feel good.
VIVA like
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

i'm downloading Orphee by Jean Cocteau and Two Evil Eyes by Argento/Romero. preparing to be mindfucked all day.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
keep_it_real
BLOCK BY BLOCK

Post by keep_it_real »

who's enjoying the second season of eastbound and down????? it seems to be great already. danny mcbride is the man.

also, i highly dig on boardwalk empire. great cast and a seemingly awesome storyline. check it out if you've got hbo.
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

watched first two episodes of eastbound last night. thoroughly enjoyed!
VIVA like
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

the line "this is me every night dude, staring at buttholes and getting my buzz on" from episode two of eastbound and down....never have i laughed so hard
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

Louis C.K. comedy specials

-Warren
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

I honestly think Eastbound and Down is one of the funniest shows I've seen since it's always sunny
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

I feel like eastbound has a leg up on most comedy television. It's dark and dirty and somewhat sophisticated in it's humour, but Kenny Powers is ridiculous and horribly asinine and so overflowing with vice you have to love him. I love it.
VIVA like