Fucked Up(Vancouver)

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

officespace
VIHC Poster

Fucked Up(Vancouver)

Post by officespace »

Fortune nightclub is doing another one of those free concert thingys.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?ei ... 3579255206
this time you have to email a person and like these two pages(info is on the evnt page.)

-Warren
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
Russdogg
Probably not a spambot

Re: Fucked Up(Vancouver)

Post by Russdogg »

Im gonna get up on my high horse and say that I'd rather pay cash money for this show than be part of a marketing stunt to get in free.
Band still rules though.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

so buy merch from the band?? I doubt they're not being paid to play this. Also it's not like this is a publicity stunt for some car company or haliburton or anything. It's for a shitty club I doubt any hxc peeps will care about after the show.
Russdogg
Probably not a spambot

Post by Russdogg »

My issue isn't about the band getting paid or anything else about them. I'll keep buying their records whether they do this shit or not.

Shows being used primarily as a marketing vehicle are just not something that I care to participate in, regardless of the parties involved. That's all.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

meh i'd take seeing Fucked Up for free than paying 20 bucks to see them at the Biltmore.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

seems like a pretty easy process to see a good band for free, some people go through all sorts of shit just to pay for tickets to shows. so seems pretty non issue to me.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

I like it when bands I like pay free shows sponsored by products I don't have to buy. Life is pain.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Went and saw Off! for free at this place. Great line up (accept for Piggy), fun show, good sound, and a shit ton of advertisements. I ignored the advertisements, bought beer at a liquor store and drank in the alley around the corner (and thanks to the cops had to switch places three times) and in no way supported the club.

I saw a show and got hammered for about $50, ferry included.

ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Russdogg
Probably not a spambot

Post by Russdogg »

That picture is sweet!

Listen, I'm not trying to "make a stand" or "prove myself" by moralizing in front of everybody. I don't begrudge the shop or the club or the band for doing this, nor do I think that people who go are "selling out" or "giving in" or whatever pithy catchword you care to apply.

I don't like it when a band is placed like a carrot in front me to get me to participate in a marketing event, even if it's incredibly easy to ignore whatever they're selling. So I won't be there. I have no doubt that everybody else while have a blast without me (god forbid!!!).

P.S. I like fun.
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

That's fair.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

Russdogg wrote:That picture is sweet!

Listen, I'm not trying to "make a stand" or "prove myself" by moralizing in front of everybody. I don't begrudge the shop or the club or the band for doing this, nor do I think that people who go are "selling out" or "giving in" or whatever pithy catchword you care to apply.

I don't like it when a band is placed like a carrot in front me to get me to participate in a marketing event, even if it's incredibly easy to ignore whatever they're selling. So I won't be there. I have no doubt that everybody else while have a blast without me (god forbid!!!).

P.S. I like fun.
I think you can go and pay if you are interested in going. You were able to do that when OFF! played I am pretty sure.

-Warren
Russdogg
Probably not a spambot

Post by Russdogg »

That's cool, I will probably do that!

With any luck they'll cover part of "Vocal Test" again.
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

I'd just like to use this venue to express that Damian Abraham is the worst much music VJ of all time. Yes worse than Bradford.
Rachel Perry is the only connection to hardcore MM ever needed.
keep_it_real
BLOCK BY BLOCK

Post by keep_it_real »

I'd definitely go to a free show if there's some corporate sponsor. Like I really give a fuck about buying a scion or insurance or whatever else these companies try to sell me. If you're a fucked up fan from the past, you might be bummed with their current setlists, which usually only seem to include 1-2 "old" songs.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

id go if i lived in vancouver
i wouldnt be too concerned with how punk or not it is

im not punk and im tellin everyone
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

keep_it_real wrote:If you're a fucked up fan from the past, you might be bummed with their current setlists, which usually only seem to include 1-2 "old" songs.
I've heard this from a couple other people too.
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

keep_it_real wrote:If you're a fucked up fan from the past, you might be bummed with their current setlists, which usually only seem to include 1-2 "old" songs.
really? bummer!
oh well, at leas the new album is fairly neat. plus the last time i saw them they played a ridiculously long set, and the last 3 songs were circling the drain, generation, and police (on top of a bunch of awesome songs from hidden world and eim). it was magical!
gonna do some coke off my doom cannon if you get my drift
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

I'm excited for this. It will be a lot different from the last time I saw Fucked Up and I don't really care what their set list looks like
Noelle CDP
VIHC Poster

Post by Noelle CDP »

If The Rebel Spell and Kleins 96 weren't playing that night as well I would probably go. When I thought about it, I like Rebel Spell more and I like both the bands opening for them. It's also an opportunity to hang out with good friends that i'm not going to see very much of for most of the summer. I'm more excited about that.

However this will also be a rad show, hopefully everyone who goes has fun.