Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Re: Vancouver August 8th PUNCH/LOMA PRIETA/VS/OOS/ME

Post by Hollow »

Human-Demise wrote:
Hollow wrote:I'm not sure what connotations you're referring too. I just know it's the kind of thing people call me when they hear my accent. You wanna set me off? Treat me like I'm an idiot just for being American/from the south.
that connotation. maybe I'm using the word wrong
No, that's the correct use of the term. Dudes that rape Ned Beatty in Deliverence? Bumpkins. You call me a bumpkin and you're basically calling me a toothless, inbred hillbilly. Fuck. That.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

xchadx wrote:
Human-Demise wrote:just want to interject with: bumpkin is a really dumb thing to call people you don't like as it is a word that has connotations. should just stick to calling them turds.
I feel like referring to a hillbilly looking, train hopping punk that refuses to pay for a show and causes trouble outside as a bumpkin is a rather fitting insult, it's really not that big of a deal. If they get offended by it, so be it. That really seemed quite clearly not directed at Willa. I'm also from a small town full of white trash, one could refer to me as a bumpkin as well, whateva!

The thing about GM is, it's not me and Hunty running a space. We are merely two people within a group of about 20 or so, and in the big scheme of things I don't have much control over how things are done there. Some people want to book booze friendly shows, and that's fine.. however we choose to discourage that at our shows so it's easier for us at the end of the day. Obviously there will be some people drinking..whatever, it's inevitable. However I hope they have a firm grasp on that beer when the power of mosh in that tiny room takes over. I will be running head first into oblivion during Punch's set.

ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets not derail a thread about this show. Punch and Loma Prieta have a split 7" out that I hope they'll still have on this tour. They cover eachothers songs. It's awesome. Punch also has a new 7" EP that will be coming out via 625 and Deathwish that they should (I assume) have on this tour as well. Out of Sight will have an excess of t-shirts and socially awkward vibes. You should buy one so we can put out a record. We will all hold hands and sing about how fucked up the world is together, mosh, and then wake up the next day tired and (sadly) go back to taking part in conventional society. At least we can all agree that shows like this bring us all together as an escape from that. Or we can all become train hoppers..which will also help us escape from conventional society (and sanity).

I'm sorry, but that seemed completely directed at me. Again, if I read that wrong I'm more than happy to let it go. I just want it understood that I will react badly if ever called that. And while I'm sure it seems like exactly the same thing coming from a small Canadian town, you really can't understand how much condescension I deal with in this country because I'm from America and (WORSE YET) from Texas. Most of it I can just brush off, but when it comes from people I consider friends it stings way more. I got very similar treatment growing up in Ohio (it's actually one of the things that my best friend and I bonded over. He's from Alabama.) and I honestly just have lost my patience with it. I'm an intelligent, well educated man and while I don't expect everyone to like me, I'd at least appreciate not being stereotyped. I dunno. This is a bit of a sore point for me, so I'm willing to accept that I might have overreacted.

Also, ONE MORE TIME, those are completely acceptable and fair rules to have. We have venues here that we don't allow drinking at either, and I don't want to even be somewhat related to a venue shutting down and friends losing a jam space. That would be a douche move of the highest order. I will not drink and am happy to not drink.
Last edited by Hollow on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

Big gulps huh, alright...
Victoria Straight Edge
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Jordan f. wrote:Big gulps huh, alright...
hahahaha classic VIHC thread...
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
xchadx
notable fraudster/loser nerd/homophobe

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Do they have a bandcamp? I'd like to hear them.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

xchadx wrote:How about Vacant State eh, they've got a new LP coming out on Deranged that I'm looking forward to hearing. How about everyone else?!?!?!? Boy is this show ever gonna be fun!!!!!! Why am I awake still?!?!?!?

Okay, I smoked a bowl and chilled. Letting it go. Sorry for losing my temper, but I'm not sorry for being angry. I feel justified, as there was a seriously condescending tone to Hunter's post and so I took him quite literally on that word. I should have thought the response out better though, and definitely should not have told Hunter to pull his head out of his ass. Last I'll talk about it.

Completely (kind of) unrelated: No Eulogy went through Samo Media to press our LP, and the rep we dealt with was Gordon from Deranged Records. Small world, punk rock.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

I'm gonna piss sooooooooooooooooo much in the alley.

-Warren
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
xchadx

Post by xchadx »

XXX
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

xchadx wrote:
officespace wrote:I'm gonna piss sooooooooooooooooo much in the alley.

-Warren
I will mosh you!
xchadx

Post by xchadx »

XXX
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

xchadx wrote:
officespace wrote:
xchadx wrote:

-Warren
I will kiss you!

hawt
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

I don't work mondays and am very seriously considering coming over for this... Punch rule and Loma Prieta were amazing when they played Vic that one time (although their recordings are not really my bag), it will most likely depend on how my funding looks right before going on tour.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

xchadx wrote:

-Warren
I will slap you in the junk mid stream!
heyjealousy
VIHC Poster

Post by heyjealousy »

Don't jump to conclusions and don't call me a kid.
xchadx

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
Russdogg
Probably not a spambot

Post by Russdogg »

I think I'll be recording the Mouse Ear demo this weekend, from what I understand.
I bet it'll be good!
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

new vacant state sounds awesome. got a chance to hear some a few weeks back.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
Andrew
Sea bass

Re: Vancouver August 8th PUNCH/LOMA PRIETA/VS/OOS

Post by Andrew »

officespace wrote:
xchadx wrote:Damages unfortunately can't play, but a new band with Carl, Andrew and Alex (who plays in OOS) will be playing called Mouse Ear. Fuck yeah.
Andrew is that the Indie kinda band you were telling me about? Also should be called Mouse Rat

-Warren
Nope, that band is Taxa, which I do with Hieg and our buddy Jeff. Jeff moved to Calgary for a year, so we've been comatose waiting for him to come back.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

so what does dis band sound like?