Van Isle party fest 7, 2011 Get into it

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Re: Van Isle party fest 7, 2011 Get into it

Post by Human-Demise »

keith. wrote:this gem was right in the middle of about 10 photos of Watcher's set.
I SEE A TREND GROWING
HHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAW
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

into it
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

I don't care if Dustin thought some bands were boring. We all like what we like and he's entitled to his opinion too.

My point was he didn't think it was cool that his band got slagged, then he shouldn't do it to others. Or learn to deal that not everyone's going like Horizons and that's fine because no one plays in a band that everyone likes. We play in hardcore bands, there's are far more people in the world going to like what we do than enjoy it.

If you guys think it wasn't directed at the bands that's cool, I'm reading as such but Dustin can clarify it if he likes.
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

Andrew wrote:I don't care if Dustin thought some bands were boring. We all like what we like and he's entitled to his opinion too.

My point was he didn't think it was cool that his band got slagged, then he shouldn't do it to others. Or learn to deal that not everyone's going like Horizons and that's fine because no one plays in a band that everyone likes. We play in hardcore bands, there's are far more people in the world going to like what we do than enjoy it.

If you guys think it wasn't directed at the bands that's cool, I'm reading as such but Dustin can clarify it if he likes.
It's one thing to not be into a band, it's another to say they suck. He never said any particular band sucked, he just said looking across the room, some people looked not excited to be there and really, if you're at fest, at least enjoy yourselves.
I'm sure you would feel really different if someone told you your band sucked, as opposed to not being into your band, especially if the talent is there.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

xnoogzx wrote: I'm sure you would feel really different if someone told you your band sucked, as opposed to not being into your band, especially if the talent is there.
The only way that'd bum me out is if it's from someone who's musical tastes I really respect. Would it really hurt you if I told you Woolworm suck? There's nothing in my musical background as a listener or player to suggest I have any respectable authority on Woolworm's style, it'd just be my ignorant opinion, no matter how absolutely I state it.

But to be clear, Woolworm don't suck, they are fucking AWESOME. (feel free to use that on the dust jacket of the Woolworm biography).
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Human-Demise wrote:
keith. wrote:this gem was right in the middle of about 10 photos of Watcher's set.
I SEE A TREND GROWING
HHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA HAW
maybe he was just concentrating on the music... :D
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

grind/bro wrote: maybe he was just concentrating on the music... :D
He just wanted a little more bass.
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

I SEE A TREND GROWING
LOUD MUSIC!
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

xnoogzx wrote:
Andrew wrote:I don't care if Dustin thought some bands were boring. We all like what we like and he's entitled to his opinion too.

It's one thing to not be into a band, it's another to say they suck. He never said any particular band sucked, he just said looking across the room, some people looked not excited to be there and really, if you're at fest, at least enjoy yourselves.
I'm sure you would feel really different if someone told you your band sucked, as opposed to not being into your band, especially if the talent is there.
There is no way everyone is going to like every band and why shouldn't they be allowed to say that a band sucks. There to me is really no difference between saying a band sucks and I just wasn't into the band. As for people looking bored w/e who cares if a few people look bored not everyone has to be hyped on every band. Also I wasn't in the room for the 2nd band only because of reasons stated prior to the thread. I was in the room for the first and the third bands. Maybe I did look bored during the 3rd band because I thought they were boring but again that is just my opinion.
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
streetjustice337
Probably not a spambot

Post by streetjustice337 »

from the pictures of horizons set you guys looked like you were having a good time , even singing along. so dont front on here saying you didnt watch cuz they were boring . pictures dont lie bruh
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

okay wait this is my new fav:
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

streetjustice337 wrote:from the pictures of horizons set you guys looked like you were having a good time , even singing along. so dont front on here saying you didnt watch cuz they were boring . pictures dont lie bruh
bruh i never said i didn't sing a long to the blink cover bruh. dis 1 of my fav jamz bruh. Mah band covered it at Troy/Paige's the next day bruh.

But in all seriousness I wouldn't of cared if I saw the Blink cover or not but since I was in the room I'm going to sing along to one of my favourite songs. The only reason I came back in the room is because I thought a new band would be playing by the time we sat in the hallway for a bit and then walked to go get food and ate said food.
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

officespace wrote: There to me is really no difference between saying a band sucks and I just wasn't into the band.
I'm with Noogz that I think there's a difference between the two, but I personally don't care about either.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

grind/bro wrote:okay wait this is my new fav:
:D
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

Andrew wrote:
officespace wrote: There to me is really no difference between saying a band sucks and I just wasn't into the band.
I'm with Noogz that I think there's a difference between the two, but I personally don't care about either.
I've never understood why people in underground/extreme/etc bands get upset when someone says they don't like their music or an element thereof. Metal/hardcore/punk are generally pretty esoteric genres, that for the most part are based around "not giving a fuck" about what others/society thinks.
streetjustice337
Probably not a spambot

officespace wrote:
streetjustice337 wrote:from the pictures of horizons set you guys looked like you were having a good time , even singing along. so dont front on here saying you didnt watch cuz they were boring . pictures dont lie bruh
bruh i never said i didn't sing a long to the blink cover bruh. dis 1 of my fav jamz bruh. Mah band covered it at t-bone/Paige's the next day bruh.

But in all seriousness I wouldn't of cared if I saw the Blink cover or not but since I was in the room I'm going to sing along to one of my favourite songs. The only reason I came back in the room is because I thought a new band would be playing by the time we sat in the hallway for a bit and then walked to go get food and ate said food.

so your a fence walker then , if they suck and you dont agree with there actions on stage then why would participate in there set? your just going with the flow then , i wouldnt sing along to a white power band doing a madball cover .
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

officespace wrote:
xnoogzx wrote:

There is no way everyone is going to like every band and why shouldn't they be allowed to say that a band sucks. There to me is really no difference between saying a band sucks and I just wasn't into the band. As for people looking bored w/e who cares if a few people look bored not everyone has to be hyped on every band. Also I wasn't in the room for the 2nd band only because of reasons stated prior to the thread. I was in the room for the first and the third bands. Maybe I did look bored during the 3rd band because I thought they were boring but again that is just my opinion.
It's totally different whether you say a band sucks or you're not into it. He also meant the overall vibe of the fest. I never said you had to like every band. I'm sure a lot of people don't like the music I listen to but that's okay but when you say something sucks, it's just insulting. In fact, the bands that people thought were boring were the ones I was most stoked on. I like seeing my friends play and enjoy themselves.
Also not really cool to insult people on the internet. You would never make fun of people in person. You've just stooped down to the very level you were criticizing.
streetjustice337
Probably not a spambot

ps . i love noogz
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

streetjustice337 wrote:
officespace wrote:
bruh i never said i didn't sing a long to the blink cover bruh. dis 1 of my fav jamz bruh. Mah band covered it at t-bone/Paige's the next day bruh.

so your a fence walker then , if they suck and you dont agree with there actions on stage then why would participate in there set? your just going with the flow then , i wouldnt sing along to a white power band doing a madball cover .
THIS.
I like both of you. Tyler makes a valid point on this one.
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

grind/bro wrote:
Andrew wrote:
I've never understood why people in underground/extreme/etc bands get upset when someone says they don't like their music or an element thereof. Metal/hardcore/punk are generally pretty esoteric genres, that for the most part are based around "not giving a fuck" about what others/society thinks.
Not talking about whether you like a band or not. I probably like most of the bands most of the people here like. It's about "objectifying" the music.
Also
based around "not giving a fuck" about what others/society thinks
Is this not what Dustin did while being on stage?
He's not a "jock" or "rockstar" that people are labeling him as after his actions. He just took what came to him in stride