Pet peeve

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Re: Pet peeve

Post by Hollow »

Hitting my head. Happens way to often.

Shaving and being treated like a fifteen year old.

Venting to someone and having them tell me how to fix it/how it's my fault.

This one is pretentious, fuck it. Telling someone I'm a writer and having them say "Oh, yeah, I'm a writer too. I wrote a lot of poetry in High School". That's like telling someone you're an artist and having them say "Oh yeah, I'm an artist too. I doodle a lot during meetings". These people ALWAYS want to dig up their old Lisa Frank notebooks and show you their poetry, too. And it is, generally, skin-crawlingly awful.

In respect to John's customer service rant: busting my ass for a table, giving them top notch service, and then having them stiff me. Yeah, I make an hourly wage and it's not like it's the end of the world. But mother of fuck, I could have spent that time cleaning, or hanging out with one of the regulars.

Connected to the one directly above, old white people from Oak Bay. They are a bane on the server AND the kitchen. No, bitch, I am not going to have the kitchen mix a half-egg whites/half-egg omelet with cooked spinach, feta that's been creamed, a side of oatmeal and half-raw. That's motherfucking ridiculous.

When I take the time to tell people my views on the Occupy movement (I see problems, I see good things, I take no sides on this issue) and they say "So, you're for it, right?" or basically try and make it sound like I agree with whatever stance they're for. Actually, that can be applied to most politics.

People who ONLY like a band because there's a woman/minority in the band. That's called tokenism, and it's stupid.

High school kids who try to sell me junk weed and then try and fight me when I say no. Nothing ever comes of that sort of thing, but it takes time out of my day.

The internet.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Crucified
"It's what's for dinner"

Post by Crucified »

Hollow wrote:
Shaving and being treated like a fifteen year old.

grow a man face or be forever damned to being treated underage if you don't have a beard.

bro.

my pet peeves are numerous and stupid.

not being able to play riffs i heard in my head, the first time i try to play them.

Flaky motherfuckers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tambro wrote:Forget girls, play video games.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

when people come into the resturant 5mins before we close and stay way past closing time drinking coffee. Fuck you. Maybe I have places to be.

people who are insanely PC. Have a little sense of humor. I'm talking people who get hurt if I use words like "hysterical".

people who think it's cool to be as un PC as possible. Fuck you. The word faggot is not "just a word". You aren't cool. You're acting like a 12year old.
Victoria Straight Edge
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

People who are always "cool". If I can't goof around sometimes, I'm gonna be pissed.
Victoria Straight Edge
Crucified
"It's what's for dinner"

Post by Crucified »

Jordan f. wrote:people who are insanely PC. Have a little sense of humor. I'm talking people who get hurt if I use words like "hysterical".

people who think it's cool to be as un PC as possible. Fuck you. The word faggot is not "just a word". You aren't cool. You're acting like a 12year old.

i'm getting mixed messages here. It seems you want people to be "just PC enough"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

I don't really think that's to much to ask.
Victoria Straight Edge
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Political correctness is like baby bear's porridge.
Crucified
"It's what's for dinner"

Post by Crucified »

Jordan f. wrote:I don't really think that's to much to ask.
i do.

fuck being pc for other peoples benefit. I tend to err on the side of being pc just because certain things make me uncomfortable. however, i do tend to bust out a couple big ones to watch scott cringe. so, whatever bro.

BRO.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

But bro, what you just said is exactly how I want people to be. Same team BRAH!
Victoria Straight Edge
Crucified
"It's what's for dinner"

Post by Crucified »

Jordan f. wrote:But bro, what you just said is exactly how I want people to be. Same team BRAH!

officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

Way too many but here's just a few

-People who act like bike lanes are bad thing. I mean I don't/can't ride a bike but holy shit there not the worst thing that motorists have to deal with.

-When people blame the goalie when you lose a hockey game. If the score is 3-0 it's the players fucking fault.

-(this one is stupid nerdy)When I am debating someone on the merits of a Simpsons episode and all they say is the episode is funny.

-When people say acting in movies is bad. 99% of actors are amazing it's the scripts faults that they have to act so cheesy etc.

-People who try to pinpoint when a TV show gets bad. Or in like the 2nd season they're already saying "this show isn't what it used to be".

-People who watch Parks and Rec but don't watch COMMUNITY HOLY SHIT WATCH THIS SHOW FOOLS.

-Customers who demand free stuff when we're busy. There's only one person working at the store sorry if it takes 10-15 minutes for you to get your bottles filled.
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
xJohnnyx
VIHC Poster

Post by xJohnnyx »

I
officespace wrote: -When people say acting in movies is bad. 99% of actors are amazing it's the scripts faults that they have to act so cheesy etc.
Sorry but I totally have to disagree with this one. It's true good acting won't say a bad script but there is definitely times when a great movie/character is ruined by terrible acting.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to like, It takes strength to be gentle and kind .
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

xJohnnyx wrote:I
officespace wrote: -When people say acting in movies is bad. 99% of actors are amazing it's the scripts faults that they have to act so cheesy etc.
Sorry but I totally have to disagree with this one. It's true good acting won't say a bad script but there is definitely times when a great movie/character is ruined by terrible acting.
I don't know. I really can't think of time when acting "ruined" a movie. It can certainly make a movie worse but I don't think there's ever been a time when an amazing script etc was ruined by terrible acting.
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

People who say that they're quitting the internet, but still post here from time to time.

Also, people who ask me my opinions on the Occupy movement, and then argue with me about them.

The "peoples" assembly of Victoria calling THE FUCKING COPS on homeless people and "drunk rowdies" who also want to use the same PUBLIC FUCKING SPACE as them.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

officespace wrote:
I don't know. I really can't think of time when acting "ruined" a movie. It can certainly make a movie worse but I don't think there's ever been a time when an amazing script etc was ruined by terrible acting.
Keanu Reeves' butt ruined the Matrix Trilogy. I guess that's not really bad acting, but his butt was attached to him and he's an actor.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
Crucified
"It's what's for dinner"

Post by Crucified »

officespace wrote:
dracula, keanu and whats her shit. ruined the piss out of that movie. if those two actors had been nearly anyone else, that would have probably been the best movie of all time.
weirdie
Probably not a spambot

Post by weirdie »

When I stoke myself up all day to go to Lotus Pond after work and when I finally get there, there's a "cash only" sign on the door
When I put pants on straight out of the dryer and the raging-hot button burns my stomach
When my cat doesn't cover her shame in the litter box
Seniors Day at Value Village
cadaver
just looking to meet up with likeminded users who are into eating human flesh

Post by cadaver »

Just wanted to say, sweet thread. Not going to bother sharing pet peeves, for now, cos so many of mine have already been covered.
Speaking of 'pets' though, I really just want to talk about the awesomely gross stuff I saw today, like watching a dog get neutered...turns out, post-op testicles still throb for a looong time. I also saw an implant "eyeball" get removed from a pug's bloody eye socket, then sewn back up again. Gross, and so cool.
franks is hippies
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

xJohnnyx wrote: - Having to tip people for pouring a cup of coffee or putting a slice of pizza on paper plate, I am sorry but if you work at a coffeeshop or somewhere where you stick premade food on a plate for a customer who you interacted with for maybe 30 seconds tops, I am not tipping you. At least you get tips sometimes, I do WAY more for customers and don't get tipped EVER, and retail pays just as shitty as food.
here here
Noelle CDP
VIHC Poster

Post by Noelle CDP »

I used to be very easy going and very little bothered me. However, i'm old, bitter and neurotic.

My biggest one lately is overly observant people that I ask if I noticed whatever they are observational commenting on. For example the other day when I was hauling a pa speaker on my skateboard. Yes I know there is pa speaker(or whatever else your commenting on) on my skateboard I strapped it there. No, it doesn't look heavy it is heavy hence why it is strapped to a skateboard(I don't drive, most of my friends don't have cars and shit still needs to get done). This is mainly an old people thing.

Drivers who think if a bike is in the bike lane that it's a moving target. This is way more of a problem in Abbotsford and Chilliwack than it is in Vancouver.

People who ask me for the time, directions, when a bus comes or what my oppinion on something is and then get mad when I politely answer them. Then get mad because they are late, lost, the bus they want just left or doesn't come for a long time. Remember you asked me. It's not my fault your late, lost or the bus you want hasn't come yet.

Bands that spring things on me at the last minute. I understand shit happens and I will do whatever I can to help you solve your problems. The sooner you tell me the easier it is to fix your problem. For instance if you know you need a ride, borrow gear, place to stay etc... please work it out before the day of the show. Iam more than happy to put you in touch with whoever you need to speak too and I won't ever leave any band that plays one shows without a place to stay if they need one. I need to know these things in advance.

Commercialized holidays and family occasions. Ever wonder I leave town when anyone i'm related to threatens to visit.

Greyhound. I could do 3 pages on my pet peeves regarding Greyhound. I'm not going to though.

When Restaurants(Subways are the worst for this). No I don't want whatever your bugging me about. I want the food I ordered....that was why I ordered it.

People who complain there isn't enough shows/venues/local bands they like but don't do anything productive to fix anything they complain about.