Pet peeve

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Re: Pet peeve

Post by grind/bro »

People who call something "pretentious" when they simply don't understand it. There's a difference between actual pretentiousness, and not being able to understand something more complex than an episode of The Office.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

Nick! Leave the office out of this!!
Victoria Straight Edge
Crucified
"It's what's for dinner"

Post by Crucified »

grind/bro wrote:People who call something "pretentious" when they simply don't understand it. There's a difference between actual pretentiousness, and not being able to understand something more complex than an episode of The Office.
that's pretty pretentious of you. i'm going to smack you in the dick at jeff fest. watch out for it.

or whatever.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tambro wrote:Forget girls, play video games.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Jordan f. wrote:Nick! Leave the office out of this!!
I'm generally a fan of Steve Carell (big nose bros support), but I like the UK Office better.
I'm just using it as a point of reference though, didn't mean to be hateful.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

grind/bro wrote:
Jordan f. wrote:Nick! Leave the office out of this!!
I'm generally a fan of Steve Carell (big nose bros support), but I like the UK Office better.
I'm just using it as a point of reference though, didn't mean to be hateful.
:)
Victoria Straight Edge
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

People trying way to hard to like the Canucks.

People who throw words like fairweather and bandwagon around as if they even have a clue what fans are like in the city they root for because they live no where near.

Not being able to follow hockey on a sausage barge.

Resturants expecting tips when they don't even refill a 2 dollar fountain pop. That shit works out to like 10 cents a glass 200% profit margins are tight.

Not having a clue about the Occupy Movement.

People who like christmas.

People who smell like garbage.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

I like the raiders, sorry everybody.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
dougmacminn
VIHC Poster

Post by dougmacminn »

grind/bro wrote:The term "hipster".
Crucified wrote:
Hollow wrote:not being able to play riffs i heard in my head, the first time i try to play them.
Flaky motherfuckers.
- it really does suck when sitting in front of the idiot box when you have the most crushing, brutal heavy shit going on in your head, and then not being able to hum any of it very well to Paul at the next practice. Maybe if I learned how to play guitar I could convey my musical ideas better, possibly.
- and yeah - flaky, unreliable people who talk out their asses and never keep their word need to get wrung through those rollers you see on old-fashioned washing machines.

Not being able to play first on a bill. Unfortunately, it takes this picky bastard roughly 14,000 hours to set up my kit, and if we have to play second or third, then there's absolutely nothing worse in the entire universe than bandmates/other bands breathing down my neck to get my shit set up.
officespace wrote:When people blame the goalie when you lose a hockey game. If the score is 3-0 it's the players fucking fault.
- agreed, more often than not. (not always, though)
officespace wrote:People who watch Parks and Rec but don't watch COMMUNITY HOLY SHIT WATCH THIS SHOW FOOLS.
- harsh HARSH disgaree. Joel Mchale is the most vacuous puddle of emu's urine since post-SNL Chevy Chase.
Rude Boy Puff wrote:People trying way to hard to like the Canucks.
- agreed.

And since Depp was mentioned - yeah, he can go set up camp in a garbage compactor.

People who quote too many other peoples' quotes in their own thread.

Ironic self-deprecation as an attempt at humour. (see previous peeve) (oh and please note Canadian/Brit spelling of humoUr.)
dougmacminn
VIHC Poster

Post by dougmacminn »

huh - my thread doesn't look quite right. Near the bottom, where I say "agreed", that applies to the Rude Boy Puff post just before it. (for those "keeping score at home", that is)
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Oh and people who whistle in public washrooms.
keep_it_real
BLOCK BY BLOCK

Post by keep_it_real »

MAW's (that's middle aged women for those who don't already know. this is the worst demographic ever; these people have nothing to do, so they create little things in life, mainly to complain about.)

cancer (seriously, nothing good ever came from cancer. except the album of the same title by rammer.)

people that leave their dogs tied up outside of buildings and then act like assholes when they get called out on it.
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

officespace wrote:
xJohnnyx wrote:I
officespace wrote: -When people say acting in movies is bad. 99% of actors are amazing it's the scripts faults that they have to act so cheesy etc.
Sorry but I totally have to disagree with this one. It's true good acting won't say a bad script but there is definitely times when a great movie/character is ruined by terrible acting.
I don't know. I really can't think of time when acting "ruined" a movie. It can certainly make a movie worse but I don't think there's ever been a time when an amazing script etc was ruined by terrible acting.
Anne Hathaway's acting ruins movies for me. I won't even watch them.
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

keep_it_real wrote:MAW's (that's middle aged women for those who don't already know. this is the worst demographic ever; these people have nothing to do, so they create little things in life, mainly to complain about.)
I can't WAIT to be in my 40's. It's going to be extremely rediculous how awesome I'll be.
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
dougmacminn
VIHC Poster

Post by dougmacminn »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:Oh and people who whistle in public washrooms.
just as bad: when you go in the can and buddy at urinal looks back at ya. I always wanna say "the fuck you lookin at, son?"
keep_it_real wrote:MAW's (that's middle aged women for those who don't already know. this is the worst demographic ever; these people have nothing to do, so they create little things in life, mainly to complain about.)
whoa, dude! You didn't really mean that, didja?
hm..........wait till you're twenty years older - I'll bet you eight pesos you'll sing a different tune then.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

crusties who bring their dogs to punk shows

fuck right off. that is no place for a pup.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

When we played at Shred the Loops there were dogs everywhere. There was this one big black one that parked it's self right at the front of the stage area when ever bands were playing and was probably the happiest dog I've ever seen. Tail wagging, shit eating grin, people tried to shoe it away to some place less noisy, but every time s/he kept coming back. That dog loved to party.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

Uhhh, you have seen them play, right? Just checking.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

ebony wrote:
officespace wrote:
xJohnnyx wrote:I
officespace wrote: -When people say acting in movies is bad. 99% of actors are amazing it's the scripts faults that they have to act so cheesy etc.
Sorry but I totally have to disagree with this one. It's true good acting won't say a bad script but there is definitely times when a great movie/character is ruined by terrible acting.
I don't know. I really can't think of time when acting "ruined" a movie. It can certainly make a movie worse but I don't think there's ever been a time when an amazing script etc was ruined by terrible acting.
Anne Hathaway's acting ruins movies for me. I won't even watch them.
Go fuck yourself. Anne Hathaway is a goddess

-Warren
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
dougmacminn
VIHC Poster

Post by dougmacminn »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:
Uhhh, you have seen them play, right? Just checking.
My guess is that RBP wasn't referring to their current .500 play (was that what you were referring to?) but the fact that ninnies like James Duthie on TSN have butt-stupid polls like "Are the Canucks the most hated team in NHL?"
Aaron Ward, in particular, is truly weiner-like. (his diss on Bieksa was the most dumb-butt thing I've ever heard)

oh FAUCK I gotta vent over this peeve: leaf-blowing on a windy fall day. I'm guessing everyone here works in restaurants/retail, so this is probably falling on deaf ears, methinks.

will probably bend a few folks' noses out of shape here, but crustie hygiene, I gotta say, has always been a point of contention with me.
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

dougmacminn wrote:will probably bend a few folks' noses out of shape here, but crustie hygiene, I gotta say, has always been a point of contention with me.
yup.
gonna do some coke off my doom cannon if you get my drift