Pet peeve

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Re: Pet peeve

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

dougmacminn wrote:
ZACH ATTACK wrote:
Rude Boy Puff wrote:People trying way to hard to like the Canucks.
Uhhh, you have seen them play, right? Just checking.
My guess is that RBP wasn't referring to their current .500 play (was that what you were referring to?) but the fact that ninnies like James Duthie on TSN have butt-stupid polls like "Are the Canucks the most hated team in NHL?"
Aaron Ward, in particular, is truly weiner-like. (his diss on Bieksa was the most dumb-butt thing I've ever heard)
Their current play, last seasons play (I didn't follow them before last season, but I was left thoroughly unimpressed), the way they blame the refs when they lose, the way the act like Luongo is a good goal tender and force Scheinder to watch him stink it up, the way Canuks fans act like the world is painted whatever colours they happen to be using at any given moment despite never bringing home a Stanley cup and having the audacity to believe that they're more hated than Montreal. It's not that I like the Canuks, they've just never done anything to make me think that they're deserving of the hype. Plus I couldn't get tickets to see them when Montreal plays in Vancouver so I have an axe to grind.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
dougmacminn
VIHC Poster

Post by dougmacminn »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:
dougmacminn wrote:
ZACH ATTACK wrote:
Rude Boy Puff wrote:People trying way to hard to like the Canucks.
Uhhh, you have seen them play, right? Just checking.
My guess is that RBP wasn't referring to their current .500 play (was that what you were referring to?) but the fact that ninnies like James Duthie on TSN have butt-stupid polls like "Are the Canucks the most hated team in NHL?"
Aaron Ward, in particular, is truly weiner-like. (his diss on Bieksa was the most dumb-butt thing I've ever heard)
Their current play, last seasons play (I didn't follow them before last season, but I was left thoroughly unimpressed), the way they blame the refs when they lose, the way the act like Luongo is a good goal tender and force Scheinder to watch him stink it up, the way Canuks fans act like the world is painted whatever colours they happen to be using at any given moment despite never bringing home a Stanley cup and having the audacity to believe that they're more hated than Montreal. It's not that I like the Canuks, they've just never done anything to make me think that they're deserving of the hype. Plus I couldn't get tickets to see them when Montreal plays in Vancouver so I have an axe to grind.
Sure - Luongo has a lot more to prove to me as well, but I can think of a lot more unimpressive team season performances than coming only one game shy of the cup. The ref-blaming and goalie pride can easily be applied just as much to the fanbase of at least six or seven other franchises. And the next nucks fan you talk to, I'll bet he/she will say that the ***Leafs*** are the most hated, not Van. (and especially not the Habs)

reminding me of another peeve: sports fans referring to their team as "we".

Also - when you're on the edge of a mosh (or up near the very very front where you hope the mosh, behind you, doesn't come baterring ramming into you) and some gal's butt ends up getting thrust into your loins as she looks behind you all freaked out. This happened to me at an Assuck gig, actually. (seriously - no pun intended). Actually it was during the Reversal of Man set, if memory serves. Extra annoying that it was too loud and body-check-y to tell her that she had clearly backed into me. It......"bummed me out".

gig line-ups.

all-ages gigs in halls or other public spaces that don't have a separate licenced area. I can understand why, though, considering the logistics/licence and booze costs/dealing with drunks shit. I can recall only one myself - a Nonmeansno gig at the old ANAF hall about 20 years ago. Luxurious set-up, 'twas.

sudden guitar feedback (usually as the amp is being turned on) when you still don't have your ear protection in yet. (OH that one really gets me!). Fucking guitarists.

ANY fucking fuzznuts taking a spin on the drums at L and M.
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

dougmacminn wrote: This happened to me at an Assuck gig, actually. (seriously - no pun intended). Actually it was during the Reversal of Man set, if memory serves.

People who have seen badass bands/shows and then have the audacity to tell me about it. Goddammit.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

owen hart being forced to change their name to earth control, fuck law suits.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
kranity
Probably not a spambot

Post by kranity »

Andrew wrote:Tell us a pet peeve.

My pet peeve for the day is dress-up "comedy" movies. You know, the ones where the star "comedian" dresses like someone else. guys pretending to be women, old, fat, fat old women, etc. That shit is so unfunny to me, but they just keep making these things.
What about It's Pat? That's kind of a grey area...
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

kranity wrote:
Andrew wrote:Tell us a pet peeve.

My pet peeve for the day is dress-up "comedy" movies. You know, the ones where the star "comedian" dresses like someone else. guys pretending to be women, old, fat, fat old women, etc. That shit is so unfunny to me, but they just keep making these things.
What about It's Pat? That's kind of a grey area...
No grey area.... It's Pat is SNL classic.
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

people who walk super slow and take up the whole side walk. Stopping every 5seconds to look in a store window.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

yeah I like that! you should get a bike bell and ring it behind people like that.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
kay
VIHC Poster

Post by kay »

SMALL CHANGE. Anything less than a quarter. The worst is breaking a bill to pay for some obscure total like $5.26 and getting a handful of pennies, nickles and dimes back. If you spend small change people behind you in line get mad and you can't even put it in vending machines and it always falls into the corners of my backpack and it kind of makes me want to scream.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

kay wrote:SMALL CHANGE. Anything less than a quarter. The worst is breaking a bill to pay for some obscure total like $5.26 and getting a handful of pennies, nickles and dimes back. If you spend small change people behind you in line get mad and you can't even put it in vending machines and it always falls into the corners of my backpack and it kind of makes me want to scream.
everything except penies work in vending machines
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

kay wrote:SMALL CHANGE. Anything less than a quarter. The worst is breaking a bill to pay for some obscure total like $5.26 and getting a handful of pennies, nickles and dimes back. If you spend small change people behind you in line get mad and you can't even put it in vending machines and it always falls into the corners of my backpack and it kind of makes me want to scream.

I like to carry a variety of small change so that I can use mathematics and pay in exact.
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

Tambro wrote: pay in exact.
THAT guy
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

I pay in exact change every chance I get. I mean, why wouldn't you? Do people actually enjoy carrying tons of small change around with them?
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

the only times i have money on my person is for when i know ill need it. either for a bus or a show maybe.
Noelle CDP
VIHC Poster

Post by Noelle CDP »

I personally like change. It's annoying to carry around. Pretty much what Keith said, I only carry cash if i'm going to show or going on a trip that requires me to take a ferry or Greyhound.

My other pet peeve is people who don't understand the term I have no money and want to go do things that are expensive right before I get paid. Then get bent out of shape because I can't afford to go and think I don't want to hang out with them....which isn't true. I will still hang out with you which is why I suggested other activities. I know about 3 friends that are bad for this.
CodyCreepcore
VIHC Poster

Post by CodyCreepcore »

i always empty all my change out into a bucket or something then roll it 3 years later when my roommates are like, "GOD DAMNIT CODY, DEAL WITH THAT SHIT ALREADY."
cadaver
just looking to meet up with likeminded users who are into eating human flesh

Post by cadaver »

Strange or drunk people who try to pick up my dog, or feed her junk.
Skater hats. What I suppose were once baseball caps but are now hideous, huge flat-brimmed versions of their former selves. They're fucken goofy.
The awful lack of handsome chubby redheads in my life.
When I'm walking my dog and people cross the street or steer their dog clear away. Happens all the time. Is because I look scary? Is it because she's black?
When people tell me I shouldn't walk home alone at night. I know it's well-intentioned but I'm not interested in living in fear. (tylerp this is not a shot at you!)
When you're hanging out with someone and they're glued to their cell phone, texting. Or they answer a phone call and proceed to have an extensive conversation right in front of you. Excuse yourself or call them back later, jeezus christ.
The City of CR getting cranky at me for putting up show posters. Fucking give me somewhere to post them then, you cultureless cesspool.
God damn I am bored tonight.
franks is hippies
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

CodyCreepcore wrote:i always empty all my change out into a bucket or something then roll it 3 years later when my roommates are like, "GOD DAMNIT CODY, DEAL WITH THAT SHIT ALREADY."
I do the same. It's the best way to deal with change. You don't have to think about it day to day, but then save a few hundred dollars every few months without expecting it.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

cadaver wrote:When you're hanging out with someone and they're glued to their cell phone, texting. Or they answer a phone call and proceed to have an extensive conversation right in front of you. Excuse yourself or call them back later, jeezus christ.
I'm with you on this 100%.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

That reminds me of another one. Sometimes when I take the bus some random people will always ask to use my cellphone to call their idiot boyfriend/girlfriend/parent... :roll: It gets worse when they act all offended if you won't let them use it.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh