Re: warped.... tour

Post by Hollow »

tylerp wrote: LETS HEAD TO THE RECORD STORE AND DIG THROUGH VINYL
I HAVEN'T FOUND ANYTHING OOP (out of print) IN A WHILE
BUT YOU GIRL
SO CAN I SCORE YOUR TEST PRESS?
IS IT TRUE THAT YOU'RE (a) SINGLE?
CAUSE I SAW IT IN UR NEWS FEED
I just threw up in my mouth. Holy shit that sucks.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

the story behind the band is that it's all a joke to get mint bitches and money while subtly referencing screamo and record collecting stuff, formed by members of this band:
http://www.myspace.com/seeingmeansmore

seeing means more are kind of not great but they had a song called "ride bikes" and that's cool. the same jokers whose audience fanbase was a bunch of california bros in one of the richest cities in the states, orinda CA.

and seeing means more were named after a jerome's dream album. and I like jerome's dream a lot. yeah! and seeing means more played their last show with loma prieta, who I did a show for here in victoria. yeah!!! connecting stuff together rules! and anytime seeing means more gets mentioned on the internet, alex comes in and says something in all caps and disappears.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Hollow wrote:I just threw up in my mouth.
Look at you, with the sexy talk.
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Andrew wrote:
Hollow wrote:I just threw up in my mouth.
Look at you, with the sexy talk.

All for you baby. All for you.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
grungePIG
VIHC Poster

Post by grungePIG »

that show syg played in vic was great but they haven't been anywhere near as good any of the other times i've seen them. i'm really not down with the new album (although i only heard the song that did with hayley williams and i like paramore so much that it just ruined it on principle).
i haven't really been down with any bands on warped for a really long time.
centipede
Probably not a spambot

Post by centipede »

Sucks so much theres no warped tour in van
like is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

yo troy, alex bigman of fight fair can get us in for free. but there's no seattle or vancouver date. want to hit up calgary?
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

tylerp wrote:yo Troy Lemberg, Honest Dude, 2009, alex bigman of fight fair can get us in for free. but there's no seattle or vancouver date. want to hit up calgary?
dude there is the show in washington state that isn't far from seattle
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Its been awhile since I made the drive but The Gorge was like 5 or 6 hours from seattle maybe more my memory is faded
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:Its been awhile since I made the drive but The Gorge was like 5 or 6 hours from seattle maybe more my memory is faded
fuck whatever maybe do calgary then
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
fiveohfour
VIHC Poster

Post by fiveohfour »

when did syg play vic?
ragamuffin straight edge
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

2007 maybe march good show
wasnt there a carry on cover
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:2007 maybe march good show
wasnt there a carry on cover
yes it was that other band that came up with them...
name is escaping me at the moment

Every Second Counts

thats the one one
Victoria Straight Edge
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

I still have the original artwork that I used for that poster. Jodi did it and it looked amazing. That show was fun to put on/stressful as all fuck. SYG were nice dudes, but they were also super bummed on Vic. That hasn't happened all that much. Oh well, I got them $300, and that's not bad for a Sunday show.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

bummed about what? turn out?
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

keith. wrote:bummed about what? turn out?
probably
but whateverrrrr

almost every other band that ever plays here is pretty stoked so trade off that SYG didn't well i can live with that.
Pretty sure Willa can too

I enjoyed the show and sang a long to SYG....
Victoria Straight Edge
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

dalamar501 wrote:
keith. wrote:bummed about what? turn out?
probably
but whateverrrrr

almost every other band that ever plays here is pretty stoked so trade off that SYG didn't well i can live with that.
Pretty sure Willa can too

I enjoyed the show and sang a long to SYG....

This is pretty much exactly what happened. They didn't say anything about it to me, it was just one of those things where you could tell they wouldn't be back.

AAAAAND they haven't.

Who cares, though? It was a fun show, they played well, the people who DID show up had a rad time, I had a rad time, Puff literally destroyed every kid during one of their songs, and we all went and got Pita Pit afterward. That=a successful night in my books.
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Goonies never say die is a very hot jam

my ipod got caught in a mosh but Willa found it and thought it was kenny's and in the end was returned and is still in my possession

I assume their not returning is due to them using larger booking agents. They dont really fit the bar crowd and theres no all ages venues big enough for them. I could be wrong they very well could be dicks
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

No, you could totally be right. like i said they were nice enough, we just never heard from them again. such is life.
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

I dont think either of us have lost sleep cause set your goals hasnt been back.
but who know they have become a bit of a terminal opening act for successful pop punk bands maybe we can catch them at the save on center sometime soon