Tattoo Thread

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

krisribs
VIHC Poster

Re: Tattoo Thread

Post by krisribs »

Hey Willa, could you explain some of the inspiration/meaning behind some of your pieces? I know it's a fucking retarded question, but I'm kinda curious. And yeah, obviously I don't expect there to be a story or deep feeling attached to every tattoo. I have a plain black band around my leg, for fuck's sake. I like when people feel there needs to be.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

[quote="Hollow"]tattoo's being INCREDIBLY popular now, [quote]

This will always weird me out. Tattoos are for fucked up people. Kids into Punk, Bikers etc. People who are not "normal". That being said I am a huge hypocrit and love girls (even cheerleader looking party girls who love Akon) with tattoos.

Don't take geri's crankyness to heart. He's a good dude.
Victoria Straight Edge
grungePIG
VIHC Poster

Post by grungePIG »

sounds like the general consensus is tattoo zoo...how much do they charge there?
i'm glad this thread was made, i've been sloooowly planning my first tattoo and just finally got a job so i might actually be able to afford it sooner than later.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

fuck, I honestely can't remember. Somebody confirm this but geri is 100-130 an hour?
Victoria Straight Edge
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

krisribs wrote:Hey Willa, could you explain some of the inspiration/meaning behind some of your pieces? I know it's a fucking retarded question, but I'm kinda curious. And yeah, obviously I don't expect there to be a story or deep feeling attached to every tattoo. I have a plain black band around my leg, for fuck's sake. I like when people feel there needs to be.

The one's pictured:

I got the zombie because I'm a horror movie fanatic and love George A. Romero most of all. I literally put 28 Days Later as one of the best movies ever made on many a list. The politics, the look, the interesting ways in which to bend the genre...I love it all.

I got the praying hands because A.) Sabbath rule and B.) that space was awkward and it fit in perfectly.

I don't feel I need to explain the robot cowboy riding a dinosaur...I feel that explains itself.

The ones I don't have pictured? Lessee...

The one on the back of my neck (a pirate hook with "Alike in Blood and Bone") I got with my sister.

The one on the side of my neck (zombie skull w/bat wing) I got because I thought it looked cool.

The guitar on my forearm with "Cash" written under it and black angel wings is a Johnny Cash tribute piece.

The dagger is something a twenty year old kid would get. I got it when I was twenty.

The star on my elbow is decorative.

The x's around my wrist are for when I was straightedge.

The x24x and FYIE on the inside of my fingers are for when A.) I was a member of 24 crew based in the southwest and B.) because i was straightedge (Fuck You I'm Edge...yeah, yeah, I know).

The dancing skeletons on the inside of my arm are Dios de las Muertas work done by Jorge Posada in the 19th century. He's one of my favorite folk artists, and did some amazing woodcuts back in the day.

The B-52 bomber dropping wrenches is a piece I did for my grandfather. He was an Air Force engineer in the Korean War.

The bomb with 13 in it I got for $13 on Friday the 13th.

The glue bottle with "Gotta Stick Together" is because I love SSD.

The quill pen going through my skin is because I'm trying very very hard to become a professional writer. We'll see where that goes.

The Star of David on my back is a tribute piece for my other grandfather, who was a Holocaust survivor.

The street scene on my left forearm is something a tattoo artist friend drew up and wanted to tattoo on me. I said yes, because it's nifty.

The flags on my lower neck with V5 in them stand for "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici" OR "By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe".

I think that's all of them.

Sara, Tattoo Zoo charges between $100-150 an hour, depending on the piece. They have a shop minimum of $80, which is the lowest in town (I think)
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
krisribs
VIHC Poster

Post by krisribs »

Awesome! I've never really had the chance to check out your hawt bod close up, so most of them I haven't actually been able to pick out separately. But I seriously love the star on your elbow. I love it because, well, I love black tattoos as well as negative space tattoos, and I think it stands out amongst the rest of your (mostly colored?) stuff. Next time I'm in town, I'll have to scrutinize you....naked?
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

/uncomfortable
krisribs
VIHC Poster

Post by krisribs »

keith. wrote:/uncomfortable
YER NEXT
:twisted:
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

tattoos are for jocks
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

and guidos
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

"faded tattoos on our legs and backs and our feet are buried in the sand"
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

age of quarrel wrote:"faded tattoos on our legs and backs and our feet are buried in the sand"
JUST BOUGHT A MICROPHONE FOR MY KID CUZ SHE'S TRYIN' OUT FOR A BAND!!

Silent Majority mosh party next time your in town for a show?

Also Kris, feel free to ask me about the tattoos next time your in town. I'm more than happy to talk about them.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

there is no way i am taking the time to post mine. puffin knows what i have i dont need to be in here.
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

Hollow wrote:
age of quarrel wrote:"faded tattoos on our legs and backs and our feet are buried in the sand"
JUST BOUGHT A MICROPHONE FOR MY KID CUZ SHE'S TRYIN' OUT FOR A BAND!!

Silent Majority mosh party next time your in town for a show?

Also Kris, feel free to ask me about the tattoos next time your in town. I'm more than happy to talk about them.
its a date 8==D~~
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
Crucified
"It's what's for dinner"

Post by Crucified »

tattoos on the shit mix arm range from when i was 18 to roughly 22/23, space arm was done after, then pirate leg. the witch/zombie leg is still unfinished because i'm fucking broke.

also,

SICK FUCKIN' TATTYS BRO.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tambro wrote:Forget girls, play video games.
canon.docre
Grey Metal

Post by canon.docre »

FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:Tattoos are for dummies. What happens when you're 50, huh? What happens when your FUCK THE SYSTEM or UP THE PUNX tats are no longer legible or applicable? What happens when your grandkids caress your wrinkles and ask you why there's unintelligable writing and a sexy babe on your body? WITH AGE YOU WILL SEE YOUR FOLLY
I'm pretty sure I'm going to give LESS of a shit what I look like when I'm 50. Also, consider it a contract I'm making with myself to still be UP FUCKING THE PUNKSYSTEM when I'm old.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

canon.docre wrote:
FANTASTIC WOUND wrote:Tattoos are for dummies. What happens when you're 50, huh? What happens when your FUCK THE SYSTEM or UP THE PUNX tats are no longer legible or applicable? What happens when your grandkids caress your wrinkles and ask you why there's unintelligable writing and a sexy babe on your body? WITH AGE YOU WILL SEE YOUR FOLLY
I'm pretty sure I'm going to give LESS of a shit what I look like when I'm 50. Also, consider it a contract I'm making with myself to still be UP FUCKING THE PUNKSYSTEM when I'm old.

I plan on being dead.

Or the coolest Dad in the PTA. Either way, I'm stoked.
reece
Poutine & Chicken Fries

Post by reece »

54 days till i get my black flag bars awww shiiiiit!!
Human-Demise wrote: that cause your an anti-semite.
canon.docre
Grey Metal

Post by canon.docre »

Hollow wrote: I plan on being dead.
Let me know when you're ready to pull the plug, we can get into heroin together.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

canon.docre wrote:
Hollow wrote: I plan on being dead.
Let me know when you're ready to pull the plug, we can get into heroin together.

Sweet, I'll bring the spoon, you bring the belt.