Graf Orlock Dec.18th(Vancity)

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Re: Graf Orlock Dec.18th(Vancity)

Post by Human-Demise »

destroy wrote:i tore down pretty much everything today and didn't see one, but i also didn't really look up above on the mezzanine. either way, i'll be headed back there tomorrow evening - i'll look then.

worst comes to worst i could probably get you a new one pretty easily in the next week or two.
thanks man, i really appreciate it.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

judging by the description above i think i know exactly who the individual responsible for breaking the 2/6 is... if so he's a super rad kid when he's sober but is one of those people who really really should not drink alcohol, this would not be the first instance of him causing shit and getting into trouble at shows and last i heard he was in rehab and doing better so it sucks to hear that this went down. glad to hear the show went well otherwise, Gorlock in Victoria blew my mind a couple years back and it woulda been rad to catch them again but I don't make it off this rock often enough.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

This was one of the best shows I've seen in ages. Fuck.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

i think i might have like owen hart more than graf orlock, that was the heaviest grindcore band i've seen. dont get me wrong, graf orlock was a 10, just owen hart was like 10 and a little bit more. all in all. good time/early christmas.
xchadx
notable fraudster/loser nerd/homophobe

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
Fish
VIHC Poster

Post by Fish »

My internet is being a dick and doesn't seem to want me to upload this graf orlock video, so I'll try again tomorrow.
Some of the pictures turned out really sweet though... I'll post them eventually and link them here.
<x><
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

xchadx wrote:Will be jamming the new Owen Hart LP relentlessly over the next few months, I know this already upon my second listen. Best thing they've done. They were excellent last night. Tempest sounded great too.
Fucking rights. This band reminds me of why I got into death metal/metal back as a young shaver. Maximum rad.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
PaulyHC
STREET BY STREET

Post by PaulyHC »

that kid with the JD needs help - bigtime, and his buffoon friends are more to blame than him IMHO - sure everyones responsible for their own actions, but when someone is acting like that, in front of at least 3 friends, those 3 friends should be taking care of it instead of watching and laughing, and at some points egging him on.

all in all - this show was amazing.

crucial roadtrip with the VIHC crew where we listened to an amazing mix CD from tambo, smoked mega joints and partied hard - also kept it ROOOOOLLIN, cuz if you dont care, then we dont care

big BOOOOO to both the REEF & whatever restaurant is below the best wester on Drake for not having any selection of non-alcoholic beers ... fuckers

bands:

tempest - wow, these dudes get extremely better with each performance i see them play, such an insane set!

Reivers: for coming on the back of a couple song demo, and the feel of a new band hashing out their sound & how theyplay together, i was pleasantly surprised - their drummer kinda blew but his crucial PUNCH tshirt was, well, crucial but sadly, did not improve his performance

MassGrave - i didnt realize they had 2 vocalists who dont play instruments, i dunno - i find this odd as they duel back and forth but its pretty boring just watchin one guy stand there while the other guy wails, they gotta work on their "presence" - that being said, i enjoyed the set - its not entirely my favorite thing to listen to, but they were quite brutal and crushing & definitely brought the crust.

Owen Hart - holy shit! new LP is definitely the best thing ive heard all year hands down - it's taken a long fucking time to finally see this band, and am i ever glad i finally did - this makes me want to bring them to Victoria even moreso than we've been trying to the past few years, absolutely punishing!

Graf Orlock - it's always a pleasure to see old friends and brodown. seriously amazing band who delivered a vicious set. complete and utter insanity in the pit - im surprised the drumkit stayed in tact and the wave of peopel didnt crush all the musicians - seeing Jason crowd surf while shredding his axe, and then get dropped was fucking priceless. i was choked his mic got fucked up - something always seems to haappen to his and we miss out on some crucial vocals, but aside from that, it was a damn near flawless performance

also, from this trip i have learned that the Three 6 Mafia have a dvd with 11 music videos on them, yup
Text message from Troy "honest dude" Lemberg 07-07-2010

"hey do you have any pot for sale"

^^ verbatim
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

yeah I am glad that the drum kit stayed together(for the most part). I guess it didn't help having people jumping off of it, myself included.

-Warren
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

destroy wrote:I can't say enough thanks to all the people who came out to this show. Most nights I go to sleep feeling like we could never pull off a show this successful in Vancouver. I wish I could have had time to hang out (or even just say hi!) to all of the old faces in that room, and maybe shake a few new hands, learn some new names and faces, and take it all in.

Every single band was awesome last night (except for those TEMPEST clowns) and enough people paid that all the bands got paid extremely well. Massgrave - like 'em or not, they're unbelievably tight and one of the best bands doing that style of crust around. Certainly not for everyone, but c'est la vie... can't win 'em all. I'm bummed I had to miss REIVERS to take Adam from GORLOCK down the block to find another bathroom.

As for the kid who broke the bottle of Jack... I didn't see what happened because I was busy running the front end, but I heard all about what happened. Bribri's synopsis was as cacklingly hilarious as it was sad. The kid in question has a serious problem with alcoholism. He's not from Vancouver, and for the past three weeks or so he's been in rehab. After a matter of days it looks like he's relapsed, took off to the city, and now we have his cellphone. He's young, and his mom is worried sick about him, trying to get him home. As much as I don't support drunken buffoonery and debauchery I think it's important that we as a community don't make a space that's unwelcome for people like him who have a place in our community (as long as they're being respectful, which he wasn't in this case - hence why he was asked to leave) and have just as much an interest in being there, but may not always have the same self-proficiency that most of us do. Underneath the fact that he acted like a moron and was causing trouble, I know he's actually stoked on the music that was happening as he's been to our shows before. I'm even looking past the fact that he spat out some personal insults towards my friends and I because of that that. I'm glad that as wild and as out of control things seemed - there was relatively no issues other than this, and anyone causing trouble was dealt with constructively and respectfully without violence. It might be a little naive and idealistic, and I generally try not to be that way, but it's how I feel. There's one real reason this space exists and was even possible, it's the whole reason we do any of this - this is about community.

Hope this is the first of many. Again, thanks to everyone from Victoria who made the trek out to this. It's always good seeing y'all. I still can't believe that the only thing that got broken was one single mic cord during the last band.

Couldn't have said it better myself. From what I'm hearing, I really hope that kid gets help. Until he's able to control himself, though, I hope he stays away from shows.

Overall, this sounds like a fucking destructive show. Wish I could have been there. Vancouver should be proud.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

near constant crowd surfing

shit got wiiild when Owen Hart started into GimmieGimmieGimmie. didnt notice a Dying Fetus cover but thats cause i dont know that band, cool they did it.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

shit looked like Lollapalooza
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

keith. wrote:didnt notice a Dying Fetus cover but thats cause i dont know that band, cool they did it.
didnt do the whole thing just the beginning, right after the played the beginning of dragonaught.

this was the song if anybody remembers them playing it.
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

keith. wrote:near constant crowd surfing

shit got wiiild when Owen Hart started into GimmieGimmieGimmie. didnt notice a Dying Fetus cover but thats cause i dont know that band, cool they did it.
absurdity
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
octopie
VIHC Poster

Post by octopie »

brad martin loves to party.
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

even old-man chad got swept into the pit!
gonna do some coke off my doom cannon if you get my drift
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

also bong's hair grew a fist
PaulyHC
STREET BY STREET

Post by PaulyHC »

rad pic - you were snappin all night, did those make it somewhere?
Text message from Troy "honest dude" Lemberg 07-07-2010

"hey do you have any pot for sale"

^^ verbatim
xchadx
notable fraudster/loser nerd/homophobe

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

PaulyHC wrote:rad pic - you were snappin all night, did those make it somewhere?
hey duder, the digital ones i put on facebook, but the disposable camera will be going on proof (de blog). it might be awhile, i have 3 shows worth of photos to sort/edit before more go up there