Post by stumped. »

xchadx wrote:Vacant State added!
YR MOSHIN
gonna do some coke off my doom cannon if you get my drift
xchadx
notable fraudster/loser nerd/homophobe

Re: Vancouver August 8th PUNCH/LOMA PRIETA/VS/DAMAGES/OOS

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
Noelle CDP
VIHC Poster

Post by Noelle CDP »

This is the day after I get home from tour. Depending how haggard iam I will probably have to come enjoy this.
xchadx

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
xchadx

Re: Vancouver August 8th PUNCH/LOMA PRIETA/VS/OOS

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
officespace
VIHC Poster

Re: Vancouver August 8th PUNCH/LOMA PRIETA/VS/OOS

Post by officespace »

xchadx wrote:Damages unfortunately can't play, but a new band with Carl, Andrew and Alex (who plays in OOS) will be playing called Mouse Ear. Fuck yeah.
Andrew is that the Indie kinda band you were telling me about? Also should be called Mouse Rat

-Warren
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Re: Vancouver August 8th PUNCH/LOMA PRIETA/VS/OOS/ME

Post by Hollow »

Just found out that my buddy Jake is gonna be playing bass for Loma Prieta on this tour. I am going to get drunk and throw up on Hunter. I'm gonna get Danny to hold him down for me.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
xchadx

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

haha good to know. Of course it was a joke, but I was planning on bringing a six pack. I shall decline until after the show, so as to not endanger a rad all ages space. Sorry to hear you guys are having that problem.

HOWEVER, I would like to disagree with you on a single point: in my opinion, a good punk rock show IS a party. Although things do work waaay differently here in Victoria, I think it's absolutely possible to have people drinking at a show without it getting out of hand. We're not perfect here by any means, but we seem to be able to walk the line between having a good time and fucking shit up. Troy and I were talking about it the other day, and he said the the Legendary Castle seems to work because he laid down iron clad rules right at the beginning. There was never any debate or argument, that was just how it was. Try and avoid building hierarchies if at all possible, but if you're having a lot of trouble with drunken hooliganism, maybe it's time to lay down some rules and enforce them. Enjoying a beer three blocks from the venue? No worries. Getting hammered and tagging the neighbour building? Banned. Do that enough times and I think you might have a situation where you can have a party and not endanger the place.

Again, this shit is just my opinion and I will absolutely respect a no drinking rule. This is gonna be a fun show no matter what.

I'm getting stoned though. Suck it.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Hollow wrote:Just found out that my buddy Jake is gonna be playing bass for Loma Prieta on this tour.
Where's Bryan?
heyjealousy
VIHC Poster

Post by heyjealousy »

Willa, you know nothing about our neighbours or the situation. this is our jam space first and foremost, and we cant afford to loose it because some bumpkins decided to party here. many people have put lots of time, money and effort into this place. If people decide to party and be assholes at GM this goes way deeper than losing a venue, I'm not going to air out our situation any further on the internet
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

heyjealousy wrote:Willa, you know nothing about our neighbours or the situation. this is our jam space first and foremost, and we cant afford to loose it because some bumpkins decided to party here. many people have put lots of time, money and effort into this place. If people decide to party and be assholes at GM this goes way deeper than losing a venue, I'm not going to air out our situation any further on the internet

What the fuck is your problem? I quite clearly stated that I would absolutely respect your rules and not drink, and then simply (and politely, might I add) expressed an opinion. This reaction is way the fuck over the line, and if you ever call me a fucking bumpkin again you and I will be having much harsher words in a much more private setting. You need to pull your head out of your ass, kid.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Andrew wrote:
Hollow wrote:Just found out that my buddy Jake is gonna be playing bass for Loma Prieta on this tour.
Where's Bryan?

No clue. Jake just told me he's playing bass, I got pumped. Dude rules.
xchadx

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

just want to interject with: bumpkin is a really dumb thing to call people you don't like as it is a word that has connotations. should just stick to calling them turds.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

xchadx wrote:Here's the thing: if people want to see an all ages, DIY show space/jam space LAST in Vancouver for more then six months, then they need to reconsider what their ideas of having a good time are at an all ages show. Being one of many people who promotes the occasional punk show at Garbage Mountain, I feel like it's MY duty to at least TRY and encourage individuals to be responsible when coming to shows that I put on here. I'm not being the Straight Edge police, and I'm not telling people what they can and can't do. HOWEVER, if they can't enjoy themselves at a show without being completely hammered, then I think it may be time to reassess their involvements in our cities punk/hardcore community, or maybe just stay at the 21+ bar shows where they're a little more prepared for that kind of behaviour. We don't have security (and we shouldn't have to have security) at an all ages show space.

A large portion of the all ages venues that this city has lost in the past six years that I've been involved in Vancouver's hardcore scene have been lost because of douchebags not controlling themselves. Either from drinking too much and causing shit/drawing police attention, or from assholes disrespecting/damaging venues. I promote all shows that I book as booze/drug/asshole (haha) free so that it will hopefully discourage people who are looking for that kind of shit to think twice, or stay home. I've been to some fun shows in Vancouver where people are getting rowdy and still keeping shit under control, however I don't want to be the one to babysit, and those aren't my style so I don't promote shows that way.

ALSO: the "bumpkins" reference is (presumably, as we often say bumpkin to describe turds) in reference to "train hopper" and wastoid punks who have caused problems at shows at GM in the past, not you Willa. Chill out, playa.

When it all comes down to it: my opinions aside on drinking and the all ages scene, what this all comes down to is a few bad apples ruining it for everyone. A few shows have caused some serious problems with the neighbours, who are not guys that will take shit lightly.

Could someone who admins please just erase all of the last few posts (mine included if you feel like it)? This thread isn't about an ethics debate, it's about an all ages hardcore show, and in my eyes one of the best of the summer.
I wasn't trying to start an ethics debate at all. Like I said, I'm more than happy to respect the rules at a venue in a different city. No drinking? No problem. I'm more than happy to abide by that. Again, I was just stating my opinion, that was it.

And if that's what he meant by "bumpkin" then cool, no problem. But you can't expect me to just know what you're talking about when using slang with different definitions than I'm not familiar with. At the very least, that was a seriously poorly thought out post. I'm still so angry from it that I'm shaking. Jesus. I haven't been this angry in a while.

I live in a different city, and am not party to the politics of the Vancouver community. Like Hunter said, I don't know what the situation is, and I was by no means trying to tell you how to run your space. I'll refrain from ever giving any advice to you guys again, trust me. If this is how it's going to be received then it's not even close to worth it.

Edit to clear up language.
Last edited by Hollow on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Human-Demise wrote:just want to interject with: bumpkin is a really dumb thing to call people you don't like as it is a word that has connotations. should just stick to calling them turds.

I'm not sure what connotations you're referring too. I just know it's the kind of thing people call me when they hear my accent. You wanna set me off? Treat me like I'm an idiot just for being American/from the south.

Fuck. Exact wrong word to use around me.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

Hollow wrote:I'm not sure what connotations you're referring too. I just know it's the kind of thing people call me when they hear my accent. You wanna set me off? Treat me like I'm an idiot just for being American/from the south.
that connotation. maybe I'm using the word wrong
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
xchadx

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XXX