A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Re: Fitness/Exercise Thread

Post by age of quarrel »

fueled on coffee and like
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Josh wrote:If you havent been to the gym before, most offer an orientation class included in the membership so you can learn to use all of the equipment properly, as form is very very important in preventing injury and will probably help you set up a routine based upon you fitness goals. Make sure you stick to your routine for a couple of months, it can take awhile for you to start to see results. After a few months you should change your routine up as your muscles will get used to it and you will stop improving. Make sure you give youself a day of rest so your muscles can recover in between work outs. Doing so light cardio on your days off will help your muscles recover faster as well.
Make sure you stay hydrated, if youre thirsty, its already too late!
Sweet Josh thanks.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

Andrew wrote:
grind/bro wrote:Pretty popular thread idea for a board based around hardcore punk rock, hey? Some of you mooks must be into fitness, your world can't entirely revolve around Jawbreaker tattoos and D&D. Do you guys have tips about workout regimes, or any guidance when getting into the fitness world?
What is your chief goal for introducing exercise to your routine? (weight loss, stamina, energy, etc.)

Is the vegan protein powder you're talking about Vega? I recommend Vega. The berry flavor, as the others are kinda heinous.
Just getting a little more stamina, energy, and physical tone.
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

You and I are gonna be huge, Nick. Huge.
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

i ride a bike everyday and my job requires lifting. i think it balances out my horrible diet

fatsos
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

The stuff I am talking about is Nature's Way
Victoria Straight Edge
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

grind/bro wrote:
Andrew wrote:What is your chief goal for introducing exercise to your routine? (weight loss, stamina, energy, etc.)
Then a good place to start could be to take up jogging. It won't cost you much to start (save a pair of sneakers and maybe some jogging clothes) and is an easy way to get onto being active quickly. Plus the stamina you build from jogging will help you in whatever other fitness activity you try.

Try something simple at home too. Like do two sets of push ups a day, and work to progressively increase the amount of pushups you can do.

If you can discipline yourself to things like that you'll find keeping at going to the gym will be easier.
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

Andrew wrote:
grind/bro wrote:
Andrew wrote:What is your chief goal for introducing exercise to your routine? (weight loss, stamina, energy, etc.)
Then a good place to start could be to take up jogging. It won't cost you much to start (save a pair of sneakers and maybe some jogging clothes) and is an easy way to get onto being active quickly. Plus the stamina you build from jogging will help you in whatever other fitness activity you try.

Try something simple at home too. Like do two sets of push ups a day, and work to progressively increase the amount of pushups you can do.

If you can discipline yourself to things like that you'll find keeping at going to the gym will be easier.
Two sets of push-ups? Just like a bunch in the morning, a bunch at night??
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

grind/bro wrote:Two sets of push-ups? Just like a bunch in the morning, a bunch at night??
Yes, when you get up and then in the time between supper and bedtime if you can help it. Some people find exercise right before bed helps them sleep, others find it bad for their ability to sleep. You'll have to figure out which you are and if you find exercise impedes your sleep you'll have to try to work out a couple hours before bed time. Not that a set of push ups on their own would impact you much. But you can also do other things too, like crunches, leg lifts, stretching, etc. at home on your own.

How much raw veggies and fruit do you eat?

Another exercise that people often don't think of that's easy to do at home and is great for cardio and coordination is jumping rope. Might seem silly, but try jumping rope for 5 minutes straight sometime, it's harder than you'd think.
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

Andrew wrote:
grind/bro wrote:Two sets of push-ups? Just like a bunch in the morning, a bunch at night??
Yes, when you get up and then in the time between supper and bedtime if you can help it. Some people find exercise right before bed helps them sleep, others find it bad for their ability to sleep. You'll have to figure out which you are and if you find exercise impedes your sleep you'll have to try to work out a couple hours before bed time. Not that a set of push ups on their own would impact you much. But you can also do other things too, like crunches, leg lifts, stretching, etc. at home on your own.

How much raw veggies and fruit do you eat?

Another exercise that people often don't think of that's easy to do at home and is great for cardio and coordination is jumping rope. Might seem silly, but try jumping rope for 5 minutes straight sometime, it's harder than you'd think.
I'm vegetarian, so I primarily eat 4-8 fruits and veggies a day.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

grind/bro wrote:I'm vegetarian, so I primarily eat 4-8 fruits and veggies a day.
Me too, but being veggie doesn't mean healthy eating, believe me, I know. :)
Try to eat as much raw food as you can. It's a better source of energy, calorie wise and will leave you feeling lighter. There's going to be some trial and error to your exercising and eating. Find what you enjoy and what works for your life and then adapt it to your schedule and routine as best you can. It doesn't need to be a profound change unless you intend it to be. Something as simple as watching what you eat a bit, going for a 20-30 minute jog every day/every other day and some light cardio at home when you can squeeze it in will surprise you by how much it changes how you feel in a few months.
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

Dope i'll do this up Andrew, THANKS!!
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

grind/bro wrote:Dope i'll do this up Andrew, THANKS!!
you'll always be fat, nick, don't try.
VIVA like
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

i used to be thin, and i was very active and healthy. i had to consult my doctor before ANY lifestyle changes i made. and now that im trying to get into shape again, i have to do the same. i would suggest doing the same before you start changing your eating habits and working out. because what might help one person get lean, might not do anything for the next guy. also, alot of you guys are on the real thin side, and if you have a hard time changing your build, it could be because of your thyroid. i thought my problem was because of my thyroid, turns out it was a medical problem i had as an infant that i didnt know about until i asked my doctor.
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
FANTASTIC WOUND
VIHC Poster

Post by FANTASTIC WOUND »

Pretty much a ripoff of my sports thread. Just because weight lifting isn't considered a sport doesn't mean this thread is original. REMEMBER THAT

P.S: Weight lifting and fitness are stupid. Sports are not.

Edit: I edited this post. -Willa
THREAD-KILLER
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

whoever the hell said this wrote:Weight lifting and fitness are stupid. Sports are not.
They're the same thing. They're both a legitimate art form (that's right, sports and physical fitness are an art form). Lots of people who take body building and fitness seriously treat it as carefully as any artist treats their work. Why? Because their bodies are their canvas. There is nothing wrong with caring about your body, treating it well and pushing your limits, just as there is nothing wrong with going out and jamming black metal in your parents basement. It's creative and it focusses people. There is absolutely nothing at all wrong with either of those two things.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

ebony wrote:i used to be thin, and i was very active and healthy. i had to consult my doctor before ANY lifestyle changes i made. and now that im trying to get into shape again, i have to do the same. i would suggest doing the same before you start changing your eating habits and working out. because what might help one person get lean, might not do anything for the next guy. also, alot of you guys are on the real thin side, and if you have a hard time changing your build, it could be because of your thyroid. i thought my problem was because of my thyroid, turns out it was a medical problem i had as an infant that i didnt know about until i asked my doctor.
There's no harm in consulting your doctor, and in Ebony's case it seemed like it proved really helpful, but I would not consult my doctor about my diet unless it relates directly to a medical condition (hyper/hypoglycemia, allergies, diabetes, etc.). Doctors are poorly educated about nutrition, it's simply not a big part of the studies of a general practitioner, and I've heard mountains of bad nutritional advice from doctors. Don't assume a doctor knows what they're talking about when it comes to healthy eating just because they're a doctor.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

Trust your mechanic.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

Andrew wrote:
ebony wrote:i used to be thin, and i was very active and healthy. i had to consult my doctor before ANY lifestyle changes i made. and now that im trying to get into shape again, i have to do the same. i would suggest doing the same before you start changing your eating habits and working out. because what might help one person get lean, might not do anything for the next guy. also, alot of you guys are on the real thin side, and if you have a hard time changing your build, it could be because of your thyroid. i thought my problem was because of my thyroid, turns out it was a medical problem i had as an infant that i didnt know about until i asked my doctor.
There's no harm in consulting your doctor, and in Ebony's case it seemed like it proved really helpful, but I would not consult my doctor about my diet unless it relates directly to a medical condition (hyper/hypoglycemia, allergies, diabetes, etc.). Doctors are poorly educated about nutrition, it's simply not a big part of the studies of a general practitioner, and I've heard mountains of bad nutritional advice from doctors. Don't assume a doctor knows what they're talking about when it comes to healthy eating just because they're a doctor.
i never said i asked my doctor what to eat. my doctor sent me to a dietician in the hospital that i see regularly. you cant see them unless your doctors office phones the hospital. i think its common sense not to ask your GP what diet to try, and further more, no diet with a name or price should ever be tried unless required for intense weight loss very fast.
you should consult your doctor before changeing your fitness and/or diet routine because you should be having your blood pressure tested, and your blood tested for blood sugar levels, cholestorol levels, etc etc.
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.