Pet peeve

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Re: Pet peeve

Post by Hollow »

dougmacminn wrote:
Hollow wrote:
grind/bro wrote: Oh and also people who glorify serial killers as if it makes them "bad ass" or "deep". Nothing screams "try hard" more. Go take up karate lessons or read some philosophy, and stop feigning interest in a person responsible for torturing/killing a human being and making families suffer with the horrible memories.
I would agree, but I'm also really really interested in serial killers so maybe I'm one of those people. But seriously...Albert Fish was a horrible, horrible man.
particularly revolting were all the nutjob admirers who turned up at Richard Rodriguez's trials, and all the love letters and marriage proposals he recieved.

wow.........just................wow..... (<admittedly peevish phrase)

Oh yeah. People do that with all sorts of serial killers. I think that Ted Bundy was getting marriage proposals too. It's fucked.

Know who I always felt bad for, though? Ed Gein. Dude was seriously messed up and legitimately mentally ill. He doesn't deserve to be in the same category as people like John Wayne Gacy.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

when people repeat something in ~two sentences.

"i am brittany, i am 21 until july. florida is my home for now. that's all i have to say for now."
dougmacminn
VIHC Poster

Post by dougmacminn »

Hollow wrote:Dude was seriously messed up and legitimately mentally ill.
I think that also applied to Henry Lee Lucas, who suffered a lot of serious physical head trauma when he was younger. (apparently had a hideously fucked-up mom)

never knowing if I should be the first one to say good-bye in a phone call
germ warfare
clowns
:? those lurching, undulating fan-blown scarecrow/gumby hybrid inflatables usually seen in used car lots.
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

dougmacminn wrote: :? those lurching, undulating fan-blown scarecrow/gumby hybrid inflatables usually seen in used car lots.
you'd like me then. hahah
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

dougmacminn wrote:
I think that also applied to Henry Lee Lucas, who suffered a lot of serious physical head trauma when he was younger. (apparently had a hideously fucked-up mom)
I was just about to post that after seeing austins post at the top of the page
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

dougmacminn wrote:
Yeah, funny story about Henry Lee Lucas: there's a growing body of evidence that he actually didn't commit any of the crimes he died in jail for. Apparently what some people have been postulating is that he had the serious mental problems you mentioned, and this was abused by the sheriff who arrested him. There's a lot of really good circumstantial evidence out there, but no smoking gun so it's not conclusive.

And yeah, he was guilty of one murder, that of his mother at (I think) 14. He did something like five years for it, and then got out. And then supposedly murdered a metric-shit-ton of people.

In keeping with the thread:
people who call you from and unknown number and either A: hang up as soon as I answer or B: hang up as soon as my voice mail picks up. WHO ARE YOU?!? ARE YOU FROM THE FUTURE?!? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO WARN ME ABOUT?!?
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

its Space Willa from the future, calling to warn you about not cutting your hair. space does not take kindly to long locks
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

WHEN PEOPLE TALK WHILE THEY'RE YAWNING.

FUCK.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

ive had to get a new phone/simcard recently so i have barely any contacts.

ill get texts from numbers i dont know and when i reply at the end with " who is this? sorry i had to get a new phone" they DONT REPLY BACK.
WHO ARE YOU. FUCK.
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

when girlfriends of band members crank call you, and you don't know they're referencing
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

Here I am writing a stupid fucking essay that is TWELVE double space pages long.
I haven't set the program to DOUBLE SPACES yet, as I cant read anything with gaps that far apart.
So I kept it on SINGLE SPACES so avoid confusion.
What makes sense is that if I write 6 single spaced pages it SHOULD equal 12 DOUBLE SPACED PAGES
IT DOESN'T
I AM SO MAD
I AM THROWING THIS COMPUTER THROUGH MY SLIDING GLASS DOOR.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

What kind of prof assigns page length? Word count is where it's at.
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

when you have to do a shit load of physical labour but you are physically drained because you already went for a run and shiz
pet peeve: my own stupidity.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Human-Demise wrote:when girlfriends of band members crank call you, and you don't know they're referencing
You let the guys in your band have girlfriends?
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

Andrew wrote:
Human-Demise wrote:when girlfriends of band members crank call you, and you don't know they're referencing
It was a bad choice, but they bring like 10 friends to every show. So at least the audience looks fuller.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Human-Demise wrote:
Andrew wrote:
It was a bad choice, but they bring like 10 friends to every show. So at least the audience looks fuller.

WRONG ANSWER Alexis.
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Hollow wrote:
Human-Demise wrote:
Andrew wrote:
It was a bad choice, but they bring like 10 friends to every show. So at least the whole band has somewhere to put their coats

RIGHT ANSWER Alexis!

You guys are the biggest jocks.
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

Hollow wrote:What kind of prof assigns page length? Word count is where it's at.
All I'll say is that our professor allowed us to "use teachings from possibly the earth mother" as references for the paper. I'm not joking at all.
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

what are you taking a course on identifying, gathering, and consuming different types of fungi or what
Token
VIHC Poster

Post by Token »

grind/bro wrote:
Hollow wrote:What kind of prof assigns page length? Word count is where it's at.
All I'll say is that our professor allowed us to "use teachings from possibly the earth mother" as references for the paper. I'm not joking at all.
Earth Mother is a weird wording but I do wish it were easier to incorporate traditional teachings into a paper without having to find it in a book.. So many ceremonies and protocols aren't documented. They aren't supposed to be documented.. Is your prof allowing you to mention these without references? And who IS your prof? Sounds like Barb..