Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Re: Van Isle party fest 7, 2011 Get into it

Post by xnoogzx »

officespace wrote:
Token wrote:
Andrew wrote:
dustingusbus wrote: almost every set i saw this year a good chunk on the crowd sat there with arms crossed looking bored as fuck. so when we went up i was a little drunk and ready to have a good time. so i did some dumb shit, probably said a lot of dumb shit, but i had a fucking good time. and all of my peers in the audience weren't standing there arms crossed looking bored as fuuuck.
Is this your backhand way of saying the other bands who played were boring?

But don't go on the internet and like on bands, right?
I more interpreted it as Dustin wanting the crowd to show a little more interest.. There is a general stand around with arms crossed mentality at a lot of hardcore shows. I'm guilty myself but personally it's because I'm so busy taking everything in I rarely think to move. Some fans and artists just want crowd involvement and I wouldn't call that bad.
For a fest such as this one it is sort of hard to move around for like what 26 bands that played?
He did say "looking bored as fuck". You can watch a band without having to move around. For example, I stubbed by toe Saturday morning so bad that it bled, which resulted in me not being able to move around for any of the bands. However, I still "looked" excited to watch these bands. I'll be totally honest, I'm not really into Out Of Sight, great people in the band, not really into the music. However, I was really into it on Saturday and I looked far from "looking bored as fuck" when watching them. It is also the curse that is the Vancouver/Victoria hardcore scene, moving around for bands seem jockish for some people. I remember back in the day when Mike Coutts moshed for almost every band, and some people regarding that as negative. Going to Rain Fest this year and although there were more people there, the general vibe was that everyone was stoked to be there. You could see it in their faces. I think this is what Dustin was trying to get across in his post.
Token
VIHC Poster

Post by Token »

xnoogzx wrote:
officespace wrote:
Token wrote:
Andrew wrote:
dustingusbus wrote: almost every set i saw this year a good chunk on the crowd sat there with arms crossed looking bored as fuck. so when we went up i was a little drunk and ready to have a good time. so i did some dumb shit, probably said a lot of dumb shit, but i had a fucking good time. and all of my peers in the audience weren't standing there arms crossed looking bored as fuuuck.

I more interpreted it as Dustin wanting the crowd to show a little more interest.. There is a general stand around with arms crossed mentality at a lot of hardcore shows. I'm guilty myself but personally it's because I'm so busy taking everything in I rarely think to move. Some fans and artists just want crowd involvement and I wouldn't call that bad.
For a fest such as this one it is sort of hard to move around for like what 26 bands that played?
He did say "looking bored as fuck". You can watch a band without having to move around. For example, I stubbed by toe Saturday morning so bad that it bled, which resulted in me not being able to move around for any of the bands. However, I still "looked" excited to watch these bands. I'll be totally honest, I'm not really into Out Of Sight, great people in the band, not really into the music. However, I was really into it on Saturday and I looked far from "looking bored as fuck" when watching them. It is also the curse that is the Vancouver/Victoria hardcore scene, moving around for bands seem jockish for some people. I remember back in the day when Mike Coutts moshed for almost every band, and some people regarding that as negative. Going to Rain Fest this year and although there were more people there, the general vibe was that everyone was stoked to be there. You could see it in their faces. I think this is what Dustin was trying to get across in his post.
Generally what I mean to say. I didn't originally mean moving as in go nuts, I meant more of general body awareness.... I make no sense.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

keith. wrote:has anyone found a link to photos from that guy who had the giant camera in everyones faces the whole fest?

ive seen a handful of OOS's and Watcher's set on tumblr but thats it
link?
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

Also, this is all that matters.
Photo by Kayle O'Donovan, credit goes all to him
Good times, good friends, all smiles
You know Troy's LOVING it!
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

Also don't front, most of ya'll loved the Blink cover that Horizons did.
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

giles wrote:i like that noogz and t-bone come off as the biggest stoners in this thread.
I smoke maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad ganja boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
http://youtu.be/3UNYP4BQ9z8?hd=1
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

xnoogzx wrote:
officespace wrote:
Token wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Well I know for some bands I might of looked bored but it was because I was tired as fuck. How is he to know when someone is bored? People seem to have this weird thing about hardcore that for every band there has to be something going on. But who gives a shit if no one else is dancing. If you wanna dance fucking dance mosh by yourself who cares.
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
streetjustice337
Probably not a spambot

Post by streetjustice337 »

noogz is the biggest weed culture fan i know, its been told that he can out smoke big pappa chris dfr
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

tylerp wrote:
keith. wrote:has anyone found a link to photos from that guy who had the giant camera in everyones faces the whole fest?

link?
it was just of nick he put it on his instagram. i dont know how to link those. im assuming that Kayle guy has tons of shots up but i think he has privacy settings (STUPID)
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

officespace wrote: Well I know for some bands I might of looked bored but it was because I was tired as fuck. How is he to know when someone is bored? People seem to have this weird thing about hardcore that for every band there has to be something going on. But who gives a shit if no one else is dancing. If you wanna dance fucking dance mosh by yourself who cares.
Again, it was never stated that you had to dance to enjoy a band. I was tired all day and still when I enjoyed a band, I'm sure I looked like I enjoyed it. It's like when Maus played. Not many people were dancing but you know people were enjoying it. Also, you weren't in the venue for the first little while so I'm not sure if you can really judge this because I definitely get this vibe even at Vancouver shows. However, if say Falling Down plays, no one is moshing/dancing, you know that everyone's having a good time.
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

keith. wrote:
tylerp wrote:

link?
it was just of nick he put it on his instagram. i dont know how to link those. im assuming that Kayle guy has tons of shots up but i think he has privacy settings (STUPID)
or you can just add him? I'm sure he'll accept your friendship request on the facebook web site.
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

streetjustice337 wrote:noogz is the biggest weed culture fan i know, its been told that he can out smoke big pappa chris dfr
You know it's my jam. Oh, you don't want that rumour to spread out. Let's keep it on the DL
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

you know, I just realized that someday Watcher is going to say or do something very offensive as a band and get called out for it. especially when you consider that nick/kris/myself are in the band and our respective senses of humour. so I don't know why I even got involved in this.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

tylerp wrote:you know, I just realized that someday Watcher is going to say or do something very offensive as a band and get called out for it. especially when you consider that nick/kris/myself are in the band and our respective senses of humour. so I don't know why I even got involved in this.
welp, no one called you out at ghostthroats
and you pissed on a car
youll do just fine
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

GOD DAMMIT KEITH
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

so far my favorite photo ive taken ever

i just uploaded a bunch on facebook of friends. ill post the band ones to flickr in a bit. not many turned out but thats the luck of the draw with film
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

This is my favourite picture ever:
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

keith. wrote:welp, no one called you out at ghostthroats and you pissed on a car you'll do just fine
LOL! :D
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

grind/bro wrote:This is my favourite picture ever:
Good pic.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

this gem was right in the middle of about 10 photos of Watcher's set.
I SEE A TREND GROWING