NOW WATCHING (TV/MOVIES/ETC)

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Andrew
Sea bass

Re: NOW WATCHING (TV/MOVIES/ETC)

Post by Andrew »

Boardwalk Empire has been really good. They're nearing the season finale and the last few episodes have been bangers. Richard Harrow is one of the most interesting characters I've seen in a show in a while too.
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

Andrew wrote:Boardwalk Empire has been really good. They're nearing the season finale and the last few episodes have been bangers. Richard Harrow is one of the most interesting characters I've seen in a show in a while too.
I agree with all of the above. This series seemed slow in picking up, but the last few have been really exciting. Also, I like Buscemi's character. I have always loved his characters in the past but he's so grey and shady in this one, I like it. Plus, Jimmy!
VIVA like
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

KYLESTYLE wrote: Plus, Jimmy!
"I wasn't going to shoot you, but you talked me into it."
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Another show I've been liking a lot lately that doesn't get mentioned much here is Fringe. I like how they've finally tied together so many fragmented questions from the past.
dave mac
No self righteousness here, was just pointing out a flawed statement

Post by dave mac »

keith. wrote:
officespace wrote: I also watched Lars and The Real Girl holy shit this movie was great.

-Darren
real good
I hated that movie. It's too bad, because I was really looking forward to it. Ryan Gosling is a great actor, and the premise was intriguing. But in execution it was just... trite. It featured all the 'quirky indie dramady' cliches you can possible imagine, that shit is getttttinnnng old. Gosling was good, but maybe I am just too cynical to buy that small town America would rally behind some dude who treats a sex doll like his girlfriend.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Watched the documentary " Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son about his Father" tonight.

FUCKING HEAVY.

So heartbreaking what that family went through. It's hard to not be angry and sad after watching this. If you havn't seen it I really recommend it.
PaulyHC
STREET BY STREET

Post by PaulyHC »

now that SONS is done and i can have my sanity back from week to week - ill probably dive into Boardwalk Empire - i havent heard a bad thing about it, and I'm itching to see what all the fuss is about.
Text message from Troy "honest dude" Lemberg 07-07-2010

"hey do you have any pot for sale"

^^ verbatim
Gingerrism
Probably not a spambot

Post by Gingerrism »

I'm currently sitting with my room mate and watching The Walking Dead.

But I'm also buffering the National Geographic documentary about Straight Edge. It's awesome.
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

Gingerrism wrote:I'm currently sitting with my room mate and watching The Walking Dead.

But I'm also buffering the National Geographic documentary about Straight Edge. It's awesome.
That documentary was okay. Some parts were cool. Seemed a bit cheesey

But then again i own this movie:
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

just finished watching the walking dead season finally, my enjoyment was hampered by the fact that my dad felt the need to make snarky comments the whole time (I swear his mental age is 8years old).
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

A few of the shows I watch are finished/finishing their current season shortly.

Does anyone know of any new or returning shows starting in January or February worth watching?
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

Andrew wrote:A few of the shows I watch are finished/finishing their current season shortly.

Does anyone know of any new or returning shows starting in January or February worth watching?
i was just wondering this. I know Parks and Rec, but not of others. Breaking Bad starts in April or something? What else is there?

Boardwalk Empire finale was great!

also, yesterday I watched Mary and Max (great animation, cutest story, so worth watching), The Freshman (love matthew broderick), and Nowhere Boy (John Lennon's life pre-beatles. i expected better; it's not really that good...).
VIVA like
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

KYLESTYLE wrote:
Andrew wrote:A few of the shows I watch are finished/finishing their current season shortly.

i was just wondering this. I know Parks and Rec, but not of others. Breaking Bad starts in April or something? What else is there?

Boardwalk Empire finale was great!
That's good that Breaking Bad is coming back. When does Mad Men's next season start?

Boardwalk Empire finale was really good, I'm really liking that show, it has been good from the start but once they got through a few episodes to set up the characters the back half of the season was great.

Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, Fringe, Walking Dead and Bored To Death are all done/about to be.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

Gingerrism wrote:I'm currently sitting with my room mate and watching The Walking Dead.

Is that the one where they say "I'd let a straight edger babysit my kid" or where they say "straight edge is a violent gang corrupting our youth?"
Victoria Straight Edge
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

Jordan f. wrote:

Is that the one where they say "I'd let a straight edger babysit my kid" or where they say "straight edge is a violent gang corrupting our youth?"
probably closer to the first one but that is not something that sticks out to me.

they do briefly cover "gang" section. but don't say anything like that.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

Archer starts in January. I haven't watched it yet but I know a couple people who have and they say it's hilarious. Also Parks and Rec!

-Warren
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

officespace wrote:Archer starts in January.
I've never heard of this, I'll look it up.

I think AMC have a new show premiering in early 2011.
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

officespace wrote:Archer starts in January. I haven't watched it yet but I know a couple people who have and they say it's hilarious. Also Parks and Rec!

-Warren
that is the name of it!

I was trying to think of that show but couldn't for the life of me remember the name.

If you enjoy Venture Bros you will enjoy Archer
Victoria Straight Edge
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

dalamar501 wrote:
Jordan f. wrote:

probably closer to the first one but that is not something that sticks out to me.

Hahahhaha this is just me hating any documentary on straight edge. Seems it's always either a fluffy Christian "they are angels" vibe or a bloods and crips "kill your local drug dealer vibe". One thing I can never keep the PMA on
Victoria Straight Edge
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

Jordan f. wrote:
dalamar501 wrote:
Jordan f. wrote:

Hahahhaha this is just me hating any documentary on straight edge. Seems it's always either a fluffy Christian "they are angels" vibe or a bloods and crips "kill your local drug dealer vibe". One thing I can never keep the PMA on
Yeah you don't keep PMA on documentaries. Quit getting stuck up on one thing they say ha.
Victoria Straight Edge