OPEN RELATIONSHIP / MASS MARRIAGE show at TALK'S CHEAP

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

wolfgang
VIHC Poster

Re: OPEN RELATIONSHIP / MASS MARRIAGE show at TALK'S CHEAP

Post by wolfgang »

Ebony and I talked about maybe getting All For The Best over to Vic for a show and doing it with Victim's Choice and Open Relationship. I think it'd be cool to have a bill with women in every band, it's mostly unheard of in hardcore and punk in this area. In fact before Wolfgang's show at his shop, I don't think I've heard of a show in Vic of Van where the bands were lady-centric in years.
I dunno...every show I book seems to have bands with female members. Hardcore is more of a boys club...always has been...other kinds of punk-rock seem to have more girls involved in playing music. The last show I did at the store was Needles and Pins with Juvenile hall...both from Vancouver...Juvenile Hall is an all girl band and Needles and Pins have a female drummer...Boys and Girls TV club (from here) opened up and they have a femal drummer. Before that I did that Open Relationship/Yung Mums/Shrapnelles/Myelin Sheaths show...3 all-girl bands and one with half female members...from all across Western Canada. In the past year, I've also booked Vapid, White Lung, The Throwaways, Electric Kisses, Animal Bodies, Petroleum Biproduct...all band with at least half female members.

Really, there are tons of punk bands with female members...maybe just not a lot of girls playing in hradcore and metal bands.

Personally I don't give a shit who's in band...but it's nice to get girls on stage so that girls in the audience know how easy it's for them to get involved.

I wann book Medusa to play TALK'S CHEAP with the POOR CHOICES (local all-girl combo) in Feb!!!
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

Does everybody forget the period that Lydia or Jodi were in every hardcore band in Victoria? Like, for 2-3 years, Lydia or Jodi or both were in every hardcore band in Victoria. AK47, Tough As Nails, Breaking Point, Final Verdict/No Holding Back...
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

Not to mention the fact that Ebony,Jodi and.... another girl who booked the first VIHC fest ;)..... all put on shows.
Victoria Straight Edge
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

again, not saying it's not awsome to see more and more girls playing in bands. But to say it's a boysclub feels like it's forgetting the fact that girls have played a huge role in VIHC.
Victoria Straight Edge
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

Jordan f. wrote:Not to mention the fact that Ebony,Jodi and.... another girl who booked the first VIHC fest ;)..... all put on shows.
Speaker of the truth!
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

VIHC rules and it's awesome how much of a role girls have played in it. But Victoria kind of exists in it's own dimension and we don't really get to, as a bunch of dudes, get to pat ourselves on the back because a few girls are involved and dispel any rumors of it being a boys club. It's really up to the girls to say how they feel about that. And again, VIHC is in no way representative of hardcore as whole.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

girls rule boys drool eff you guys! raaa :D
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
kay
VIHC Poster

Post by kay »

wolfgang wrote:I wann book Medusa to play TALK'S CHEAP with the POOR CHOICES (local all-girl combo) in Feb!!!
Yay!
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

Tambro wrote:I have the biggest crush on the guitar player from OR, which is a sentiment I've heard echoed many other times about her.
AGREE x 1000000
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

OR were sweet at the FEST!
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

yeah, they were good. I like their music a lot. jammed the tape a bit and it's good too. I hope this band plays a lot more shows. I hear they're playing with b-lines soon, that'll be a good pairing and good show.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

I thought OR were decent. The set got a little boring though and the black flag cover was pretty meh.
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

tylerp wrote:yeah, they were good. I like their music a lot. jammed the tape a bit and it's good too. I hope this band plays a lot more shows. I hear they're playing with b-lines soon, that'll be a good pairing and good show.
aug 27th at logans with b-lines/grown ups
cadaver
just looking to meet up with likeminded users who are into eating human flesh

Post by cadaver »

I'm putting together an OR show in Campbell River in October (hopefully). Lily and I agreed a while back to only promote shows that have at least one girl playing. It's really not hard, and it's worth the effort, and nice to put ourselves to a bit of a challenge.
It's also just really great to see how supportive and stoked everyone I know in the Vic scene(s) are to see women playing. It's nearly a non-issue here.
franks is hippies