warped.... tour

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Re: warped.... tour

Post by Hollow »

Kinda like Ceremony opening for AFI?

BAM.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

I have a hard time hating AFI
The music sure like away but theyve always toured with pretty legit bands and never really went for the monotonous pop punk tour package New found glory w/saves the day, set your goals and for years strong
I hope no one gets offended i suggest that ceremony is a legit band
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

i still find it kinda hilarious that Set Your Goals is actually the name of a hardcore band.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:I have a hard time hating AFI
The music sure like away but theyve always toured with pretty legit bands and never really went for the monotonous pop punk tour package New found glory w/saves the day, set your goals and for years strong

Hell no, I love Ceremony. I just think touring with AFI isn't appropriate for a hardcore band. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have no like on for AFI, but they're a fully mainstream band and I've just kind of gotten sick of this mainstreaming of hardcore. I don't care if hardcore kids like top 40 stuff (i've been known to dance when drunk), but I don't want hardcore to become Top 40. I think it just kind of de-legitimizes it, IMO.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Hollow wrote:

Hell no, I love Ceremony. I just think touring with AFI isn't appropriate for a hardcore band. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have no like on for AFI, but they're a fully mainstream band and I've just kind of gotten sick of this mainstreaming of hardcore. I don't care if hardcore kids like top 40 stuff (i've been known to dance when drunk), but I don't want hardcore to become Top 40. I think it just kind of de-legitimizes it, IMO.

Too late.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

any wierder than:
hatebreed
some kind of like
where eagles dare
texas is the reason
right brigade
hard times
start today
i against i
seeing red
think again
betrayed
hold your ground
new direction
things we say
time flies
jealous again
rise above
glue
????
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Hollow wrote:

well no one listens to AFI and thinks "hardcore punk" but they do have roots in it and they do hold those roots high. Without AFI I never would have seen sick of it all.
and a few years later I got to mosh on goths to poison the well
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

ask kids in seattle how big alexisonfire shows are.

They will probably say" who?"
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Oh true. But in Canada these bands are pretty huge, there are bigger name bands in the US who follow similar formula. Hardcore itself will never become mainstream but bands will mix in more mainstream elements, get "big" and then bring kids into the "hardcore scene". Ask Troy. In that thread about 5 records that brought you into what you listen to now or whatever, AoF was the first band he got into. Now look at him. Everything gets its 15 minutes in the spotlight and then kinda wanders off again.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

grind/bro wrote:Oh true. But in Canada these bands are pretty huge, there are bigger name bands in the US who follow similar formula. Hardcore itself will never become mainstream but bands will mix in more mainstream elements, get "big" and then bring kids into the "hardcore scene". Ask Troy. In that thread about 5 records that brought you into what you listen to now or whatever, AoF was the first band he got into. Now look at him. Everything gets its 15 minutes in the spotlight and then kinda wanders off again.
truth

except i could never stand underoath at the time. Cancer bats didn't exist...
just alexisonfire and the bled. which saved me from all the sublime / nirvana / linkin park i listened to at that time.
and then now listen to music that is way better.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

ditto
i had to get through a lotttt of popular metalcore and toughguy hardcore at the time to find my own tastes
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

troy, there is nothing wrong with Sumblime.
Victoria Straight Edge
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

Jordan f. wrote:troy, there is nothing wrong with Sublime.
Australian beach-bro life has infected his brain!
VIVA like
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

grind/bro wrote:Oh true. But in Canada these bands are pretty huge, there are bigger name bands in the US who follow similar formula. Hardcore itself will never become mainstream but bands will mix in more mainstream elements, get "big" and then bring kids into the "hardcore scene". Ask Troy. In that thread about 5 records that brought you into what you listen to now or whatever, AoF was the first band he got into. Now look at him. Everything gets its 15 minutes in the spotlight and then kinda wanders off again.
Huh. Hadn't thought of it that way. I suppose your right, to a point. Now that I think about it, if it hadn't been for Green Day, I'd have never learned who the clash were. Chalk this one up to me being old and cranky. Oh, and I saw your reply too, Puff, just multiple quoting on my phone sucks.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

KYLESTYLE wrote:
Jordan f. wrote:troy, there is nothing wrong with Sublime.
Australian beach-bro life has infected his brain!
my love for sublime has been around for awhile

"Life is too short, so love the one you got
'Cause you might get run over or you might get shot
Never start no static, I just get it off my chest
Never had to battle with no bulletproof vest
Take a small example, take a tip from me
Take all of your money, give it all to charity"
Victoria Straight Edge
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

I never thought ripping off bad religion and krs one could sound so terrible
ian
VIHC Poster

Post by ian »

check out the swellers if you go. theyre legit.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

sorry for bumping this but i just thought id share that i am going to this and i'm stoked on all the wrong bands playing.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Hollow wrote:Hell no, I love Ceremony. I just think touring with AFI isn't appropriate for a hardcore band.
And the audience on that tour generally agreed. Ceremony went over like a fart in an elevator to AFI's audience. I would not worry about true hardcore going mainstream.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

trappedinside wrote:i still find it kinda hilarious that Set Your Goals is actually the name of a hardcore band.
Victoria Straight Edge