Van Isle party fest 7, 2011 Get into it

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

heyjealousy
VIHC Poster

Re: Van Isle party fest 7, 2011 Get into it

Post by heyjealousy »

xnoogzx wrote:Lol at brocore jock comment. If only you knew who they were. Also, isn't this just labeling people just one incident? Is this what punk/hardcore become. No one's better than anyone else. I'm so sick of everything, let's just keep watching Zenon's tight video over and over again
http://youtu.be/SrRk1ZoiWBk

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
TIIIGHT!
streetjustice337
Probably not a spambot

Post by streetjustice337 »

xJohnnyx
VIHC Poster

Post by xJohnnyx »

Like I said before, I don't think that Dustin is sexist dickhead, I really do believe that he never intended to offend anyone. However, I do think that that his behaviour during the set, regardless of whether or the girl involved was offended or not, does send a negative message to women about how they are viewed by the men in our scene. Personally, that is something I am not ok with. The way I see it, the guys who made the sign were trying to clearly demonstrate that this is not the mentality of our community as a whole. Whether or not you agree with them, or their way of handling it, I don't think that they deserved the treatment they received. I think if you are going make a statement like "within these walls, we are all equal" than your actions should match your words. And at the end of the day, whether he is good person or not, he made a number of people feel that they were not equal.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to like, It takes strength to be gentle and kind .
reece
Poutine & Chicken Fries

Post by reece »

john wins.
Human-Demise wrote: that cause your an anti-semite.
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

It just seems like he fucks up once and everyone nails him to the cross. I'm sure we've all done something we regret later. Just get over it.
Now everyone go find something else to get bad at, like this! http://nyan.cat/
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

I personally think I have the nyan cat record at 10,000 seconds
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
xJohnnyx
VIHC Poster

Post by xJohnnyx »

I am sorry if it seems like I am "nailing him to a cross". I don't like him or his band, I am merely stating my opinion on the situation.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to like, It takes strength to be gentle and kind .
Token
VIHC Poster

Post by Token »

The hardcore scene is generally a boys club but women do have a presence. Women are also objectified in nearly every scene somewhere on the planet these days. Not every scene means to either. Hardcore means a lot of different things to different people. "This is not what hardcore is about" really ought to be "This is not what hardcore was meant to be but shit happens". I honestly feel that this was all blown out of proportion and while I wasn't there, from various testimonials I would point more of a finger at the girl for misrepresenting women than Dustin for joking around with his friends.

In the words of Billy Werner... "There is no happy here" So lets kiss and make up. c:
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

xJohnnyx wrote:I am sorry if it seems like I am "nailing him to a cross". I don't like him or his band, I am merely stating my opinion on the situation.
I wasn't saying you specifically John, just what's been going on in general
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

Really though, have you seen the Funk Vigilante video??? Wow. What's better is that Giles got a picture with him.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

xnoogzx wrote:Really though, have you seen the Funk Vigilante video??? Wow. What's better is that Giles got a picture with him.
post this now

also someone get that zenon fellow to upload the horizons set i wanna see it again/the josie (hahaha i typed Jodi at first) cover
streetjustice337
Probably not a spambot

xnoogzx wrote:Really though, have you seen the Funk Vigilante video??? Wow. What's better is that Giles got a picture with him.
3 am WORST PRESIDENT EVER'S?
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

Token wrote:The hardcore scene is generally a boys club but women do have a presence. Women are also objectified in nearly every scene somewhere on the planet these days. Not every scene means to either. Hardcore means a lot of different things to different people. "This is not what hardcore is about" really ought to be "This is not what hardcore was meant to be but shit happens". I honestly feel that this was all blown out of proportion and while I wasn't there, from various testimonials I would point more of a finger at the girl for misrepresenting women than Dustin for joking around with his friends.

In the words of Billy Werner... "There is no happy here" So lets kiss and make up. c:
I would have no problem with the due if he just admitted what he said was stupid but rather just blamed it on something else. So nah it wasn't blown out of proportion. it wouldn't be hard for him to just say sorry for saying what I said. But instead they chose to rip up the sign, say save this political shit for Monday and then on here calling me a PC asshole and telling me I was plague to Vancouver hardcore and to grow up. But this is all redundant anyways
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

Worst president ever
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

Let's talk Ghibli
Seriously if you don't cry to this movie, you're a shitty person
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

Totoro is always a favourite
streetjustice337
Probably not a spambot

since this is a message board for hardcore , who are yall jamming currently ? iv been very into twitching tounges and soul search as of late . cant forget rotting out solid solid jams .