Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Hollow »

grind/bro wrote:
Hollow wrote:
grind/bro wrote:
Hollow wrote:HAHAHAHAAHH awesome. Imma gonna download the shit out of this. When I get home. Cuz I'm at work. And work doesn't deserve Integrity.
Hollow wrote:Image
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=872

...have you not seen the multiple bongs at my house? The oh-so-subtle yet ever present eau du parfum of weed? Yeah. Again, I'm sure it happened. Totally don't remember that.
Yet you don't forget your education? You are putting that before Integrity? Dwid should fight you for that...

Hey, I only have so much room left in my brain, and I paid good money to reserve this space for moldy 12th century politicians. SORRY DWID.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Token
VIHC Poster

Post by Token »

Hollow wrote:
Token wrote:
Hollow wrote:
Token wrote:Um, hi. My name's Paige.. Just moved to Vic from the Okanagan for school and know no one, so here I am, utilizing the internet and stuff... Anyways I guess music wise I'm currently playing things like Shai Hulud, Terror, Saetia, Orchid aaaand Sick of it All among many others. Oh, and always anything Ian Mackaye related, I'm a fangirl.

This is me embarassing myself, feel free to throw tomatoes.
Do you wear glasses? I remember selling a ticket to a girl in a SH shirt. I was the scowly looking dude with the neck tattoo and black flannel.

Either way welcome! What are your feelings on Integrity and Clevo Hardcore in general? No pressure, but if you dont say what i want to hear i'll be forced to ostracize you from the scene ;)
I came with a ticket.... But I dooo wear glasses. Real femmy ones with a jewels.. DON'T JUDGE.

How bout you educate me, because I don't think I've dived into that. Kill me.

SWEET. Okay, instead of telling you to listen and like those bands, I'll just give you a list of some of my favorites and let you decide if you like them or not.

Integrity- listen to anything up to and including Seasons in the Size of Days. After that, Aaron Melnick left the band and they did two records, Closure and Integrity 2000. DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE ALBUMS. They are beyond godawful. Their most recent stuff is actually really good, and I'm seriously looking forward to the new full length.

Ringworm- everything this band has done is good, but I'm particularly fond of The Promise, Birth is Pain and Justice Replaced by Revenge.

9 Shocks Terror- only put out a S/T 7" and a full length called Zen and the Art of Kicking Your Ass. Both are excellent.

Gluttons- more recent addition to the pantheon that features the Human Furnace from Ringworm doing guitar/vocals. I only have a 7" demo, but fuck is it good.

Pitboss 2K- Fun. Just...fuck. Fun.

One Life Crew-...do not listen to OLC. Seriously.

These are the big names (even OLC, despite their racist douchebaggery) that pretty much define the sound that is Cleveland hardcore. There are a lot of bands that take influence from them (Withdrawal in Winnipeg, Putrid Brew in Kelowna, Creatures in Cali, actually all of Winnipeg now that I think about it) but we'll get to those later.

Now go listen to those bands. I expect a six page paper on my desk by Wednesday.
So far I've gotten through Intergrity, Ringworm and 9 Shocks. All were really enjoyable. Pretty sure I've heard Ringworms stuff before now that I gave them a good listen. I'll keep working through them but so far it's promising!
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Token wrote:
Hollow wrote:
Token wrote:
Hollow wrote:
Token wrote:Um, hi. My name's Paige.. Just moved to Vic from the Okanagan for school and know no one, so here I am, utilizing the internet and stuff... Anyways I guess music wise I'm currently playing things like Shai Hulud, Terror, Saetia, Orchid aaaand Sick of it All among many others. Oh, and always anything Ian Mackaye related, I'm a fangirl.

This is me embarassing myself, feel free to throw tomatoes.
Do you wear glasses? I remember selling a ticket to a girl in a SH shirt. I was the scowly looking dude with the neck tattoo and black flannel.

Either way welcome! What are your feelings on Integrity and Clevo Hardcore in general? No pressure, but if you dont say what i want to hear i'll be forced to ostracize you from the scene ;)
I came with a ticket.... But I dooo wear glasses. Real femmy ones with a jewels.. DON'T JUDGE.

How bout you educate me, because I don't think I've dived into that. Kill me.

SWEET. Okay, instead of telling you to listen and like those bands, I'll just give you a list of some of my favorites and let you decide if you like them or not.

Integrity- listen to anything up to and including Seasons in the Size of Days. After that, Aaron Melnick left the band and they did two records, Closure and Integrity 2000. DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE ALBUMS. They are beyond godawful. Their most recent stuff is actually really good, and I'm seriously looking forward to the new full length.

Ringworm- everything this band has done is good, but I'm particularly fond of The Promise, Birth is Pain and Justice Replaced by Revenge.

9 Shocks Terror- only put out a S/T 7" and a full length called Zen and the Art of Kicking Your Ass. Both are excellent.

Gluttons- more recent addition to the pantheon that features the Human Furnace from Ringworm doing guitar/vocals. I only have a 7" demo, but fuck is it good.

Pitboss 2K- Fun. Just...fuck. Fun.

One Life Crew-...do not listen to OLC. Seriously.

These are the big names (even OLC, despite their racist douchebaggery) that pretty much define the sound that is Cleveland hardcore. There are a lot of bands that take influence from them (Withdrawal in Winnipeg, Putrid Brew in Kelowna, Creatures in Cali, actually all of Winnipeg now that I think about it) but we'll get to those later.

Now go listen to those bands. I expect a six page paper on my desk by Wednesday.
So far I've gotten through Intergrity, Ringworm and 9 Shocks. All were really enjoyable. Pretty sure I've heard Ringworms stuff before now that I gave them a good listen. I'll keep working through them but so far it's promising!
YESSSSS.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

Token wrote:promises!
This is all I see when I read that post. Listen to Promises.

I think this might be the lamest thing I've ever posted on here, and I've posted some pretty lame shit (e.g. The Bled - Pass the Flask is AMAZING)
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
Token
VIHC Poster

Post by Token »

Tambro wrote:
Token wrote:promises!
This is all I see when I read that post. Listen to Promises.

I think this might be the lamest thing I've ever posted on here, and I've posted some pretty lame shit (e.g. The Bled - Pass the Flask is AMAZING)
Shameless promotion.
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

Token wrote:
ebony wrote:
Token wrote: I'm currently playing things like Shai Hulud, Terror, Saetia, Orchid aaaand Sick of it All among many others.
i have a feeling we are gonna have plenty in common! do you have a bad temper?
hahaha
welcome, welcome!
Rivals a redheads at time. I kid!!
And thank ya.
your welcome.
im trying to remember if i saw you come through the door. i was taking everyones money and tickets along with a tall handsome man with a ponytail.
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
Token
VIHC Poster

Post by Token »

ebony wrote:
Token wrote:
ebony wrote:
Token wrote: I'm currently playing things like Shai Hulud, Terror, Saetia, Orchid aaaand Sick of it All among many others.
hahaha
welcome, welcome!
And thank ya.
your welcome.
im trying to remember if i saw you come through the door. i was taking everyones money and tickets along with a tall handsome man with a ponytail.
I don't recall a female at the door, mind you I did show up late because the friend accompanying me did not want to sit through "a million bands". If anyone was working door remembers a girl pulling out a few pairs of shoes from a purse.. Yeah, I was with her.
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

Token wrote:
ebony wrote:
Token wrote:
ebony wrote:
hahaha
welcome, welcome!
And thank ya.
your welcome.
I don't recall a female at the door, mind you I did show up late because the friend accompanying me did not want to sit through "a million bands". If anyone was working door remembers a girl pulling out a few pairs of shoes from a purse.. Yeah, I was with her.
i was proably on a break when you came in. why all the shoes....? :|
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
Token
VIHC Poster

Post by Token »

To pass time time we went shopping.. Didn't really feel like standing around lookin' cool with boxes of shoes so we stuffed them in her purse. Yeah, she was embarrassed.
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

Token wrote:To pass time time we went shopping.. Didn't really feel like standing around lookin' cool with boxes of shoes so we stuffed them in her purse. Yeah, she was embarrassed.
hey, i can appreciate the need to shop. but there is no shame in carrying shopping bags.
grind/bro wrote:
Token
VIHC Poster

Post by Token »

ebony wrote:
Token wrote:To pass time time we went shopping.. Didn't really feel like standing around lookin' cool with boxes of shoes so we stuffed them in her purse. Yeah, she was embarrassed.
hey, i can appreciate the need to shop. but there is no shame in carrying shopping bags.
True, I think I was mostly whining that I didn't wanna carry them around in the first place and she had SUCH a big bag at her disposal...
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

Token wrote:
ebony wrote:
True, I think I was mostly whining that I didn't wanna carry them around in the first place and she had SUCH a big bag at her disposal...
ah, the perks of having a large purse. i would die without them.

are you a facebook user?
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=513207949
grind/bro wrote:
Token
VIHC Poster

Post by Token »

ebony wrote:
Token wrote:
ebony wrote:

are you a facebook user?
Yes, I am. And how do you know Allison Cail??

http://www.facebook.com/paigemoran
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

Token wrote:
ebony wrote:
Token wrote:
ebony wrote:

are you a facebook user?
Yes, I am. And how do you know Allison Cail??

http://www.facebook.com/paigemoran
a) bme
b) boy drama from yearsss ago
grind/bro wrote:
xchadx
notable fraudster/loser nerd/homophobe

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
righteousxjames
VIHC Poster

Post by righteousxjames »

Hi everybody, I'm James. I'm from Edmonton and I live in Vancouver. I am vegan and straight edge, and I love hardcore.

Also Willa: what about Confront? They're a really important Clevo band, and probably my favorite. They're Mean Steve's band before OLC, but none of their lyrics are sketchy, and they have an anti-racist song.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

James rules, OLC does not.
Victoria Straight Edge
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

Jordan f. wrote:James rules, OLC does not.
truth zone
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
righteousxjames
VIHC Poster

Post by righteousxjames »

age of quarrel wrote:
truth zone
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

age of quarrel wrote:
truth zone
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.