Introduce yourself

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by grind/bro »

howie_wowie wrote:Pariah and Gallows End.
haha you know KARL then.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
howie_wowie

Post by howie_wowie »

grind/bro wrote:
howie_wowie wrote:Pariah and Gallows End.
haha you know KARL then.
Yup, Hot Karl. I think he lives in Van now. Used to run into him every once and a while.
cassedyhc

Post by cassedyhc »

Name: Erik
From: Amsterdam Area (Netherlands) moving to vancouver island in a month (victoria)
fav bands: Modern Life is War, More than life, carpathian.
fav dutch bands you should know: No Turning Back, Noyalty

edit: I am arriving 25th of june in victoria area. any cool stuff I should attend?
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

If I may, why you moving out here? School? Work? Dodgin' cops?

As for stuff to do out here, there's Van Isle Fest in August. That's always a party and a half. Plus we get at least one or two shows a month in the summer, sometimes more. This is really the place to find out about them.

Lots of crust, metal and grind here on the island. Hardcore is a little less popular, but does well considering.

You should definitely hit us up when you officially move here, there's always people willing to show new folks around (myself included).
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
cassedyhc

Post by cassedyhc »

ah supernice men! well I'm not really moving.. after completing artschool I started travelling trough scandinavia (norway, iceland, greenland, sweden) and really I'm just tramping around the polarcircle. by the end of this month I will land in Whitehorse, from were I will hitch down to vancouver. figured I kinda need a place to stay in civilization for a while. living life again.. I'm living in a 1 person tent now for quite a while. So I started looking for a city to hang around in. vancouver or victoria or whatever. anyways I have no clue what or were to go. Looking on the internet mainly supplies you hot tourist attractions. what I'm looking for is just some skateboarding, hardcore shows and meeting cool people. So I bumped into this website figured maybe some could help me find cheap hostels, nice places to go or maybe to stay for a night.
As far as actually moving, dont know.. we shall see.
cool that you are so welcoming!

(ps my english writing is not the best so if I have said something really bad, dont mind it. it was not intention to be a badguy hehe)
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

cassedyhc wrote:ah supernice men! well I'm not really moving.. after completing artschool I started travelling trough scandinavia (norway, iceland, greenland, sweden) and really I'm just tramping around the polarcircle. by the end of this month I will land in Whitehorse, from were I will hitch down to vancouver. figured I kinda need a place to stay in civilization for a while. living life again.. I'm living in a 1 person tent now for quite a while. So I started looking for a city to hang around in. vancouver or victoria or whatever. anyways I have no clue what or were to go. Looking on the internet mainly supplies you hot tourist attractions. what I'm looking for is just some skateboarding, hardcore shows and meeting cool people. So I bumped into this website figured maybe some could help me find cheap hostels, nice places to go or maybe to stay for a night.
As far as actually moving, dont know.. we shall see.
cool that you are so welcoming!

(ps my english writing is not the best so if I have said something really bad, dont mind it. it was not intention to be a badguy hehe)

I'm from Texas. I've met English speaking Americans with less of a grasp on our written language. You're fine, don't worry about it.

That sounds rad dude. We can't promise strictly hardcore shows, but there's always something happening. If you like hanging out and having a good time I'm sure we can deliver. There's two skate parks out here, one in Vic West and one in Gordon Head. I don't skate myself, so hopefully someone more tapped into that can speak up. If you drink there are some kinda-sorta-okay pubs around here. Honestly, grabbing a six-pack and heading to the park is your best bet. If you're straightedge, no worries. You can hang out with the rest of us in the park while we destroy brain cells. Since summer will be in full swing, I'd say that the likely hood of some barbecues happening around that time is high.

We're way too small a city to be stand-offish to new people. No one would have any friends that way.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
cassedyhc

Post by cassedyhc »

dude I'm stocked! beer and bbq, you had me there!
I've "liked" vihc facebook page. is there much action on there on activities around the area?

siked! thanx man
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

there are a ton of skateparks around town or a bus ride away. Vic West, Sidney, Gordon head, sooke, langford etc.

hit me up when you make it to victoria and we can hang! www.facebook.com/burningfight

do you drum?
Victoria Straight Edge
reece
Poutine & Chicken Fries

Post by reece »

Haha Jordan.
Human-Demise wrote: that cause your an anti-semite.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

Jordan f. wrote:do you drum?
you know I do right?
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

cassedyhc wrote:dude I'm stocked! beer and bbq, you had me there!
I've "liked" vihc facebook page. is there much action on there on activities around the area?

siked! thanx man

I don't pay a lot of attention to it myself, but I don't pay a lot of attention to much on Facebook. Pauly or Ebony or Troy can probably answer that.

Any excuse to barbecue my man. Make sure to give me a heads up and I'll see what I can pull together.
cadaver
just looking to meet up with likeminded users who are into eating human flesh

Post by cadaver »

Name: Kate
Favourite bands: Ramones, Detroit Cobras, Dropdead, Nomeansno, Lunachicks, Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation
Purpose: bake and destroy
Known to have promoted a small handful of shows in my former stomping grounds, known as the North Island. Aiming to start a house (/jam space?) here with some CR kids this fall.
franks is hippies
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

cadaver wrote: Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation
YES!!!!!
Crucified
"It's what's for dinner"

Post by Crucified »

cadaver wrote: Location: Whore Island

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tambro wrote:Forget girls, play video games.
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

Crucified wrote:
cadaver wrote: Location: Whore Island

Oh man forgot about the show archer. Need to catch up
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

what does CR stand for? come hang out in victoria
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

tylerp wrote:what does CR stand for? come hang out in victoria
I'll field this one. Campbell River
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Human-Demise wrote:
tylerp wrote:what does CR stand for? come hang out in victoria
I'll field this one. Campbell River

I'll also add: she hangs out all the time. She shows up at more shows than you do (not a crack, I know you're busy).
cassedyhc

Post by cassedyhc »

hey everybody. so I've signed up a while ago on to this board. (I'm from holland)

So last week I arrived in Victoria, stayed at the turtle backpackers inn, wich is the shabbiest place on earth, got robbed 400 bucks on quadra street.
not really enjoying my trip I must say :). Went up to tofino to catch some waves, but that place is pricey if you're a "tourist".

So please could someone give me some advise on where to go to meet some cool people and what would be a rather not to expensive place to stay?

maybe you could hit me up trough facebook, my name is erik luchtenberg.

thanx in advance!

gr erik
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

cassedyhc wrote:got robbed 400 bucks on quadra street.
I'm really sorry to hear that! The people that stole from you have entered themselves into some bad karma. Small areas of this town can be a bit rough, but don't let that discourage you. Victoria is a bit expensive but can be a lot of fun. Try looking on Craigslist, for some possible leads on places to stay!!
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh