Graf Orlock Dec.18th(Vancity)

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Andrew
Sea bass

Re: Graf Orlock Dec.18th(Vancity)

Post by Andrew »

destroy wrote:the timing of the show last night can be blamed on the first band. we had to take control, as you saw.
Yeah, that transcended "punk time" for sure. :)

Did that supposed-to-be-the-opening band's singer actually berate the crowd when they played? I couldn't make out what he was saying through the PA, couldn't tell if he was being a dick or trying to be funny.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

I am pretty sure he was joking.

also this show fucking ruled.

-Warren
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

STEVE RULES!

Owen Hart were fucking killer too
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

STEVE RULES!
STEVE RULES!
STEVE RULES!
STEVE RULES!
STEVE RULES!
STEVE RULES!
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

jamming the owen hart lp now... it is killer
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

Andrew wrote:
ghostfacekidneybean wrote:That was my first Vancouver HC show last night, and it was great. Bands were good, great atmosphere, and good turn out. Even though I am a grown man, I am still a bit shy so didn't speak to many people but everyone seemed welcoming. Certainly made leaving England and all my friends a little more easier for me.
looking forward to the show
Glad you had a good time.

If you play drums you're everyone in Van's new best friend btw.
hey maaaan
gonna do some coke off my doom cannon if you get my drift
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

by the way, was the dumbass who brought/shattered the 2/6 of jack daniels kicked out?
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

vic bros just got home, that trip couldnt have gone smoother. saw some friendly vancouver faces, kept it a bit low key. bands delivered. decent sleep. good trip. now im off in half an hour to work for a shift wooooo :?

stoked to see jakob's photos come out, and in 5 years see pauly's full recording of that show
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

oh and I still don't like Massgrave at all.

-warren
Fish
VIHC Poster

Post by Fish »

officespace wrote:oh and I still don't like Massgrave at all.

-warren
Seeing a band too much in a short span of time will do that to you...
This show kicked so much ass. Owen Hart surprised me- I wasn't expecting them to be that good for some reason. I'm mostly stoked I didn't get crushed. The walls were disgustingly wet. I'd say this was a brilliant way to end off the year.
I have a bunch of pictures and a video of Graf Orlock's last song but I'm not sure how they turned out. I'm on a ferry now... Guess I'll find out when I get home.

Also, I think the guy berating the crowd at the Alf House on Friday was joking. At least. I hope he was!
<x><
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

stumped. wrote:by the way, was the dumbass who brought/shattered the 2/6 of jack daniels kicked out?

It's not 2/6. It's either 1/5 of a gallon, 26 ounces, or 750ml of Jack Daniels.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

Reivers band really surprised me. I ended buying a tape and a shirt from them. soo good. Had tons of fun at this show. Nice to see lots of younger people at a show and nice to see lots of new faces.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

Super stoked on owen hart covering sleep and then dying fetus
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:
stumped. wrote:by the way, was the dumbass who brought/shattered the 2/6 of jack daniels kicked out?

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!
VIVA like
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:

thanx puff
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

stumped. wrote:
Rude Boy Puff wrote:

thanx puff
i was about to punch that kid when he was getting in my face until a calmer dude than I politeley told him to go anywhere but where we were. that guy has a serious problem and really shouldnt have been drinking at that show. and if his "friends" really cared about him they would have kept him in check
Just saying.
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

age of quarrel wrote:
stumped. wrote:
Rude Boy Puff wrote:

thanx puff
i was about to punch that kid when he was getting in my face until a calmer dude than I politeley told him to go anywhere but where we were. that guy has a serious problem and really shouldnt have been drinking at that show. and if his "friends" really cared about him they would have kept him in check
taylor saw a few people force him out after he tried to ditch the spot where he broke the bottle.
destroy
VIHC Poster

Post by destroy »

I can't say enough thanks to all the people who came out to this show. Most nights I go to sleep feeling like we could never pull off a show this successful in Vancouver. I wish I could have had time to hang out (or even just say hi!) to all of the old faces in that room, and maybe shake a few new hands, learn some new names and faces, and take it all in.

Every single band was awesome last night (except for those TEMPEST clowns) and enough people paid that all the bands got paid extremely well. Massgrave - like 'em or not, they're unbelievably tight and one of the best bands doing that style of crust around. Certainly not for everyone, but c'est la vie... can't win 'em all. I'm bummed I had to miss REIVERS to take Adam from GORLOCK down the block to find another bathroom.

As for the kid who broke the bottle of Jack... I didn't see what happened because I was busy running the front end, but I heard all about what happened. Bribri's synopsis was as cacklingly hilarious as it was sad. The kid in question has a serious problem with alcoholism. He's not from Vancouver, and for the past three weeks or so he's been in rehab. After a matter of days it looks like he's relapsed, took off to the city, and now we have his cellphone. He's young, and his mom is worried sick about him, trying to get him home. As much as I don't support drunken buffoonery and debauchery I think it's important that we as a community don't make a space that's unwelcome for people like him who have a place in our community (as long as they're being respectful, which he wasn't in this case - hence why he was asked to leave) and have just as much an interest in being there, but may not always have the same self-proficiency that most of us do. Underneath the fact that he acted like a moron and was causing trouble, I know he's actually stoked on the music that was happening as he's been to our shows before. I'm even looking past the fact that he spat out some personal insults towards my friends and I because of that that. I'm glad that as wild and as out of control things seemed - there was relatively no issues other than this, and anyone causing trouble was dealt with constructively and respectfully without violence. It might be a little naive and idealistic, and I generally try not to be that way, but it's how I feel. There's one real reason this space exists and was even possible, it's the whole reason we do any of this - this is about community.

Hope this is the first of many. Again, thanks to everyone from Victoria who made the trek out to this. It's always good seeing y'all. I still can't believe that the only thing that got broken was one single mic cord during the last band.
"user destroy has some opinions on bands." - tylerpicklesmith, 2010.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

destroy wrote:I can't say enough thanks to all the people who came out to this show. Most nights I go to sleep feeling like we could never pull off a show this successful in Vancouver. I wish I could have had time to hang out (or even just say hi!) to all of the old faces in that room, and maybe shake a few new hands, learn some new names and faces, and take it all in.

Every single band was awesome last night (except for those TEMPEST clowns) and enough people paid that all the bands got paid extremely well. Massgrave - like 'em or not, they're unbelievably tight and one of the best bands doing that style of crust around. Certainly not for everyone, but c'est la vie... can't win 'em all. I'm bummed I had to miss REIVERS to take Adam from GORLOCK down the block to find another bathroom.

As for the kid who broke the bottle of Jack... I didn't see what happened because I was busy running the front end, but I heard all about what happened. Bribri's synopsis was as cacklingly hilarious as it was sad. The kid in question has a serious problem with alcoholism. He's not from Vancouver, and for the past three weeks or so he's been in rehab. After a matter of days it looks like he's relapsed, took off to the city, and now we have his cellphone. He's young, and his mom is worried sick about him, trying to get him home. As much as I don't support drunken buffoonery and debauchery I think it's important that we as a community don't make a space that's unwelcome for people like him who have a place in our community (as long as they're being respectful, which he wasn't in this case - hence why he was asked to leave) and have just as much an interest in being there, but may not always have the same self-proficiency that most of us do. Underneath the fact that he acted like a moron and was causing trouble, I know he's actually stoked on the music that was happening as he's been to our shows before. I'm even looking past the fact that he spat out some personal insults towards my friends and I because of that that. I'm glad that as wild and as out of control things seemed - there was relatively no issues other than this, and anyone causing trouble was dealt with constructively and respectfully without violence. It might be a little naive and idealistic, and I generally try not to be that way, but it's how I feel. There's one real reason this space exists and was even possible, it's the whole reason we do any of this - this is about community.

Hope this is the first of many. Again, thanks to everyone from Victoria who made the trek out to this. It's always good seeing y'all. I still can't believe that the only thing that got broken was one single mic cord during the last band.
can you check beside the couch (end closed to the wall) and see if my reivers tape is there, i think it fell out of my bag.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
destroy
VIHC Poster

Post by destroy »

i tore down pretty much everything today and didn't see one, but i also didn't really look up above on the mezzanine. either way, i'll be headed back there tomorrow evening - i'll look then.

worst comes to worst i could probably get you a new one pretty easily in the next week or two.
"user destroy has some opinions on bands." - tylerpicklesmith, 2010.