Like make a section on Info for Victoria

IE venues in town (with contact info)
Promoters
Local Bands
etc

Area to keep up to date on shows?
i would keep it all up to date if i had to
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Re: ideas for the board

Post by Hollow »

I wouldn't mind getting a review and discussion section up. Brian could easily mod that, dude's already started posting random rad bands.

The idea of a seperate section just for show and venue info appeals to me, as well.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

one for just general talk (rad bands, tours, noods...the usual board things) then one for strickly victoria things (bands, venues, info etc.)
Victoria Straight Edge
snotrag
Probably not a spambot

Post by snotrag »

best places to drink...
fiveohfour
VIHC Poster

Post by fiveohfour »

Hi, my name's Karla and I run SEVENTYTIMES7 (www.seventytimes7.weebly.com) and I list up-coming local shows as well as varies other things for the local music scene here in Victoria.
I would love to get SEVENTYTIMES7 more involved in the hardcore scene though, so if you guys were thinking of having a place to list venues, up-coming local shows, bands, etc, I'd definitely be down for putting all that stuff up on the site.
ragamuffin straight edge
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

fiveohfour wrote:Hi, my name's Karla and I run SEVENTYTIMES7 (http://www.seventytimes7.weebly.com) and I list up-coming local shows as well as varies other things for the local music scene here in Victoria.
I would love to get SEVENTYTIMES7 more involved in the hardcore scene though, so if you guys were thinking of having a place to list venues, up-coming local shows, bands, etc, I'd definitely be down for putting all that stuff up on the site.

We would most likely gladly want to work together with you! Anything to get more promotion out for shows!
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

dalamar501 wrote:
fiveohfour wrote:Hi, my name's Karla and I run SEVENTYTIMES7 (http://www.seventytimes7.weebly.com) and I list up-coming local shows as well as varies other things for the local music scene here in Victoria.

We would most likely gladly want to work together with you! Anything to get more promotion out for shows!

Absolutely second this. Also, I would like to apologize for not getting info about Black Cloud to you like I promised, but in my defense I'm a lazy fuck who smokes weed.

True story.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

Boards: General and Music (Reviews, bands, mediafire links, etc - only viewable to those who are logged in)

then just post upcoming shows in the General board so people actually look at them? or new threads by the promoters, then a Sticky thread in General that lists upcoming shows in a list without discussions.

also maybe a Sticky thread with a FAQ for bands interested in Victoria, covering all the bases about getting here, legality, promoters, places to crash, local food, venues, etc?
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

tylerp wrote:Boards: General and Music (Reviews, bands, mediafire links, etc - only viewable to those who are logged in)

then just post upcoming shows in the General board so people actually look at them? or new threads by the promoters, then a Sticky thread in General that lists upcoming shows in a list without discussions.

also maybe a Sticky thread with a FAQ for bands interested in Victoria, covering all the bases about getting here, legality, promoters, places to crash, local food, venues, etc?

I'd say you hit the nail on the head. Would you be down to do this?
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

I'll add the other board when I'm at work and I'll make the Upcoming Shows sticky thread, but the general FAQ will take me a little while longer. but sure.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

well you don't have to make the general faq.. just make it a sticky or something..
we can all contribute information most likely
Victoria Straight Edge
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

If you want help writing the general FAQ, lemme know. I don't mind doing that.
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

i have a bunch of the venue contact info written down in some document somewheree
Victoria Straight Edge
handsome_baby_64

Post by handsome_baby_64 »

Moar prety children postinsgs
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

I already have a really comprehensive FAQ that I've been sending to bands in the past, I'll find it and post it, then if you guys have additions you can just reply in the topic
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

an actual faq board might be easyier to use. The we could make topics for Venues, places to stay, ferry info etc. all seperate
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

good call!
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
AC
VIHC Poster

Post by AC »

troy you should make a new category being the "buy/sell/trade" and also a "shows" category!
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

achristie wrote:troy you should make a new category being the "buy/sell/trade" and also a "shows" category!
tyler is the main admin so he would have to make it
Victoria Straight Edge
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

whoa i'm a mod... good thing this board only consists of a few people from victoria who all know eachother anyway because if you expect me to actually do anything with my newfound moderating powers you will be sorely let down.