Post by stumped. »

steveston mike?
gonna do some coke off my doom cannon if you get my drift
Andrew
Sea bass

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Andrew »

hawdcoh wrote:Name: Mike
Favorite bands: Fugazi, Minor Threat, Torches To Rome, Born Against, Render Useless
Bands: Some in the past, hopefully again in the future, looking for people to form a new band

Hey all. I'm a relic of the 90s and the Dischord and Ebullition school of hardcore, although I like all kinds of music and bands too.

I started a new blog to focus on Vancouver and Victoria hardcore past and present.

http://hardcore4thehardcore.blogspot.ca
Cool blog.

Great music favorites too. Rare to see another Torches To Rome fan. Who are you?
hawdcoh

Post by hawdcoh »

Not from Steveston. I live in East Vancouver.

Glad you like the blog Andrew. I might make into an actual print zine at some point. I'd like to interview bands and people active in the scene for it.

Yeah, back in the 90s I used to do a small distro and managed to share the love for Torches To Rome a bit. Then some of us went to Victoria and saw the best show ever (to us anyway) with Bread & Circuits, Seein Red, Render Useless, Former Members of Alfonsin and Submission Hold. I want to write a proper tribute to Sarah Kirsch at some point, as she is one of my main influences and was a great person.

I haven't met many people active in the hardcore scene these days in Vancouver. I know some people from the punk scene, but other than Siren Songs haven't heard many local punk bands I like. Vacant State is my favorite local hardcore band of the moment.
xchadx
notable fraudster/loser nerd/homophobe

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
chavezzz

Post by chavezzz »

Hi, guys! My name is Alex and I'm from Belarus (a country in the middle of Europe). In July I'm going to Vancouver to study. So I'm looking for people to hang out and just to make friends cause I don't know anyone in Vancouver. I'm 22 years old, vegetarian. I was on vocal in two bands and have some experience in the organization of gigs.
Here you can check few demo songs of my past bands. https://soundcloud.com/chavezforward . If anyone is interested, i'll send other records.
Bands I love most of all : American Nightmare, Cursed, Modern Life Is War, The Suicide File, From Ashes Rise.
If anyone is ready to help me - please write : jerrydoe@tut.by
chavezzz

Post by chavezzz »

yo, punks... i'm a friendly guy with a lot of interesting stories to tell... :ugeek:
i have a little distro and can bring to you some stuff from eastern Europe...
my skype - privetpider666
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

All I know about Belarus is that I cheer for their hockey team during the olympics when they're not playing against Canada. I haven't decided if I'll still do that if they have Andrei Kostitsyn playing for them though. That guy's a bum. I also heard a band from there once called Pull Out An Eye. I think they were kind of thrashy and had ex members of Contra La Contra. I also think some of family immigrated from the Minsk are so they wouldn't have to serve in the tsar's army in the first world war, but I might also be totally wrong about that.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
chavezzz

Post by chavezzz »

P.O.A.E. is not active now .
If you like it you probably enjoy Appleshout http://www.myspace.com/appleshout
The best Belarus band ever. They are R.I.P. now. There were 700 people at their last show. It became
Hardcore scene in Minsk is on top now, but not in my place.
Last Saturday I went to Minsk to the reunion show of Moscow band What We Feel. 1100 people were there. The atmosphere was great , you know.
Check it https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... J0HATludt0

How many people in Vancouver goes to hc shows? And how often are they held?
And which bands could you recommend me? :ugeek:
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

I havn't been to a show in Vancouver in like 2 years, so I can't really tell you much about the state of affairs there, but I would imagine that like most big cities there's usually something at least vaguely punk related going on. Hopefully somebody who lives there or has at least been there semi-recently and knows about what's up can tell you more. Write Off are a bunch of solid dudes from Vancouver and one of my favorite hardcore bands going at the moment.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
andyplatt

Post by andyplatt »

My name is Andy. I'm moving to Victoria from Regina, SK in August or September because Victoria seems like a good place to live and work and Regina doesn't anymore.

Bands I like: Slayer, Pantera, Anthrax, Deicide, Cursed, Most Precious Blood, Die Young, Converge, Rise and Fall (a lot of bands on Deathwish I guess), Rot in Hell, I won't go and spam this entry with bands I like. I like a lot of bands. I also like some softer stuff but I'm pretty picky with that shit.
Bands I've played in: Shogun Assassin (if you've heard of it your name is probably Adam and you should text me back dude), Bermuda Love. I mostly play guitar but I'm a passable drummer and beginner metal vocalist.

I record music for fun and eventually I'm going to get into professional recording and try that out. I have a soundcloud. It is www.soundcloud.com/hanginagony the recordings are rough because I have a pretty shitty recording interface but you'll get the idea probably.

It would be cool to meet some new guys and gals with similar interests. There is a house full of dudes from Regina who live in Victoria, I used to hang out with all of them and I look forward to seeing them all again.

I also skate and REALLY want to hit the parks in Victoria. Am I good? Fuck you for asking. No, I am not good and now I don't look nearly as cool, fuck.

That's it, really. Til September anyway.
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

andyplatt wrote:My name is Andy. I'm moving to Victoria from Regina, SK in August or September because Victoria seems like a good place to live and work and Regina doesn't anymore.

Bands I like: Slayer, Pantera, Anthrax, Deicide, Cursed, Most Precious Blood, Die Young, Converge, Rise and Fall (a lot of bands on Deathwish I guess), Rot in Hell, I won't go and spam this entry with bands I like. I like a lot of bands. I also like some softer stuff but I'm pretty picky with that shit.
Bands I've played in: Shogun Assassin (if you've heard of it your name is probably Adam and you should text me back dude), Bermuda Love. I mostly play guitar but I'm a passable drummer and beginner metal vocalist.

I record music for fun and eventually I'm going to get into professional recording and try that out. I have a soundcloud. It is http://www.soundcloud.com/hanginagony the recordings are rough because I have a pretty shitty recording interface but you'll get the idea probably.

It would be cool to meet some new guys and gals with similar interests. There is a house full of dudes from Regina who live in Victoria, I used to hang out with all of them and I look forward to seeing them all again.

I also skate and REALLY want to hit the parks in Victoria. Am I good? Fuck you for asking. No, I am not good and now I don't look nearly as cool, fuck.

That's it, really. Til September anyway.
Even more Regina ex-pats.....

This town will be full of them. Stoked to meet you when you move otu this way.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
andyplatt

Post by andyplatt »

Great minds think alike. I'm stoked on meeting you as well man! Haha, I'm thinking I'll be out there for the last week of August, just gotta save some money.
peccivae

Post by peccivae »

Name: Boston
Favorite Bands: Alexisonfire, Grade, Glassjaw
Bands of your own: Reality At Risk (http://realityatrisk.bandcamp.com)

I'm about 4 years late, but fuck it. Better late than never.