Introduce yourself

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

its.eric@hotmail.com

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by its.eric@hotmail.com »

Do i Drum, Uh well ill say No. Casually. I do enjoy rocking some harmonica hahah. As for moving to victoria after realizing my failed attempt at finding a city in bc cheap to live in, but no music. This spring after my coarse ill be searching for a place in vic. Please keep me informed of the goings on, I definitely want to support the local scene i just haven't found it! excited to hear of shows.

Cheers.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

just stick around here for a bit, check in every now and then there are always fresh topics posted for when a new show is coming up

if youre into devestating sludge or crust punk theres a great show coming up this weekend at Willa's house. Brainoil, Mass Grave and No Eulogy. gonna be a banger
its.eric@hotmail.com

Post by its.eric@hotmail.com »

Totally into Crust. Im assuming in victoria is Willa's house huh? You know what would be a big help? I have never been to victoria.. But i mean I'll definitely be commuting for shows soon, But where about in victoria are these venues haha.. i feel totally lost on the island some times. what is the best area of vic to try to find a place..

thanks for the help.
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Hey, Willa here. I've PM'd you my address. Show is this Saturday, starts at 7, ends around 10 or 11. If you need a place to crash, lemme know, we have lots of space.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

Name: Ariel
Favorite bands: hell, i could write a novel here. uh pissed jeans, pulling teeth, cooked and eaten, mahria, tel fyr, martyrdod, burning ghats, fuck too many.
Bands I have been in: pissfist and the destroyers. all we have is that name and a logo. we will fuck shit up eventually.
Crucified
"It's what's for dinner"

Post by Crucified »

ghostthroats wrote:Name: Ariel
Favorite bands: hell, i could write a novel here. uh pissed jeans, pulling teeth, cooked and eaten, mahria, tel fyr, martyrdod, burning ghats, fuck too many.
Bands I have been in: pissfist and the destroyers. all we have is that name and a logo. we will fuck shit up eventually.

GIRLS DON'T EXIST ON THE INNERWEBS

:ugeek:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tambro wrote:Forget girls, play video games.
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

Crucified wrote: GIRLS DON'T EXIST ON THE INNERWEBS

i am a mutant, don't worry.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

ghostthroats wrote:

You will fit in well here. Welcome.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

Hollow wrote:
ghostthroats wrote:

aweh shucks.

it is so friendly here! what is this, i don't even.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

ghostthroats wrote:
Hollow wrote:
ghostthroats wrote:

aweh shucks.

it is so friendly here! what is this, i don't even.

Easy enough to explain. Victoria is...well, really fucking small. Everyone who posts on here is going to see everyone else in real life, even if it's just walking around town and running into them. We all go to each others shows, hang with each other, etc. So, while there are definitely arguments and such on here, we try and treat each other well because otherwise we end up with no friends. Or we end up with friends who wish we were dead, which is kind of worse I suppose.

God I hope that made sense.
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

man i'm friendly to everyone but vancouver's scene is shit. i just want to go and listen to bands rip it but apparently if you don't look punk all you get is sass. I WANT PUNK NOT SASS FROM SISSIES.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

ghostthroats wrote:man i'm friendly to everyone but vancouver's scene is shit. i just want to go and listen to bands rip it but apparently if you don't look punk all you get is sass. I WANT PUNK NOT SASS FROM SISSIES.
whut
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

ghostthroats wrote:man i'm friendly to everyone but vancouver's scene is shit. i just want to go and listen to bands rip it but apparently if you don't look punk all you get is sass. I WANT PUNK NOT SASS FROM SISSIES.
I like you.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

Sassies
Token
VIHC Poster

Post by Token »

keith. wrote:Sassies
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

Token wrote:
keith. wrote:Sassies
whatta buncha sassies.
destroy
VIHC Poster

Post by destroy »

uhhh what? how old are you? what does this even mean?

are you new? did you just move here?

clearly you haven't been to the right shows yet...
"user destroy has some opinions on bands." - tylerpicklesmith, 2010.
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

destroy wrote:

21, not new. it means that when i've gone to shows - i miss garbage mountain so fucking much, i try to stay away from the houses because i don't like standing in piss. and be given the stink eye and being called try hard poser because i don't have any patches and my hair was green but sometimes the lineup's too good to pass up, the vacant state release at glen was dope even though i was dying from bad sushi. there aren't many good shows at iron road but it's a good place to go after an earlier show somewhere else. fuck. lately i have been going to more metal shows than anything else, really. metal shows rule. except when you get hit so hard you fly and land with such gusto you split your chin open.

that all being said, i know some really awesome people who were part of the scene this time last year and back but they rarely go to shows anymore cause they're fed up with young shit heads being idiotic.

tl;dr: i'm just going to continue moshin when i can't resist and standing in the back when i can.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

ghostthroats wrote:
destroy wrote:

21, not new. it means that when i've gone to shows - i miss garbage mountain so fucking much, i try to stay away from the houses because i don't like standing in piss. and be given the stink eye and being called try hard poser because i don't have any patches and my hair was green but sometimes the lineup's too good to pass up, the vacant state release at glen was dope even though i was dying from bad sushi. there aren't many good shows at iron road but it's a good place to go after an earlier show somewhere else. fuck. lately i have been going to more metal shows than anything else, really. metal shows rule. except when you get hit so hard you fly and land with such gusto you split your chin open.

that all being said, i know some really awesome people who were part of the scene this time last year and back but they rarely go to shows anymore cause they're fed up with young shit heads being idiotic.

tl;dr: i'm just going to continue moshin when i can't resist and standing in the back when i can.
hahahahahahahahahahaha. This post basically reads as I went to one show at the Alf house and everyone didn't give me hugs and kisses. But even if Vancouver was really like that(it's not even close) what are you doing to change it other than just whining?
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

edit: you know what? fuck it.
there is no use arguing because i know, no matter what, i'll enjoy myself at shows. i don't give enough a fuck to write details of my negative experiences with the scene.
YEAH
so, sorry for seeming so arbitrarily negative towards van. because i'm not. i'm just an advocate for friendliness and not judgement.
Last edited by ghostthroats on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.