Coffee thread

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Coffee thread

Post by Jordan f. »

Discuss things coffee related in this thread. What do you drink?

First things first, my coffee is always black. I honestly perfer most drip coffee from random coffee shops then I do "great" coffee from crazy "look how fancy this is" coffee shops. Depending on money and what a I am doing, I usually drink coffee everyday. Cup in the morning and if I am in town a cup at night.

Drip > french press > everthing else. (that said, I definitely enjoy french press as a change from time to time).
Victoria Straight Edge
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Re: Coffee thread

Post by Tambro »

Wrote a post then this computer logged off. Fucking Camosun.
Basically, I like coffee but only drink it socially. I have naturally really shaky hands and I'm way too shaky and sketchy whenever I take any drugs (i.e. coffee, weed, alcohol). This is also my excuse for being terrible at playing music. When I do get coffee I like some sort of cream (preferably 1% milk) and need sugar. Usually 1-2 spoons or 1-2 packets. Just a lil' something. I am seriously the least fussy coffee drinker ever though, could care less where I get it from.
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

I like the taste of coffee. Love the smell of it being brewed. yum!
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

dont like coffee, probably never will.
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

I often get bad anxiety attacks when i drink coffee, but when I'm ok, I love coffee. I also love coffee coupled with cigarettes - it's possibly the best combo I've ever, ever tasted.

When I work (landscaping), I drink a lot of Tim Horton's double doubles, but only because that's where my boss goes and it's socially acceptable within the profession I guess. Once I took him to starbucks because there was nothing else around and it was the funniest thing.

However, I think Tim Horton's is generally not even coffee, it's hybrid sugar coffee drink. I love Cafe Fantastico the best. Even their drip coffee is delicious. Americano is my drink of choice, but french press and drip will suffice, I'm not too picky.
VIVA like
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

French press is the best way to go. Seriously. I like to have the beans whole, then grind. If you don't do it that way, try it. You'll most likely switch.

Drip is fine, I don't get anything else. Never Starbucks. This has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with taste. Starbucks drip tastes like it was set on fire then brewed through a dead cat's ass. Starbucks isn't for people who like coffee, it's for people who like coffee flavoured milkshakes.

90% it's black, but every once in a while I throw in cream and sugar. Been doing that a bit lately, to be honest.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
SewnFlesh
VIHC Poster

Post by SewnFlesh »

I think drip is also the best way to go but only if its dripped one or two cups at a time. I just poor it through a ton of fresh ground beans.. no machine involved. I've tried french press but found that this way tastes way better.. i don't like the grainyness of frenchpress coffee.

i put 1/2 teaspoon of sugar just to bite the bitterness.

americano is good but i'm usually too cheap if i'm buying in a store and alot of the time if its not made right its no better than drip.

i drink 2-3 cups every morning and actually become quite irritable if I don't.. sometimes even headaches.
Peter
VIHC Poster

Post by Peter »

I like a good americano a lot. had one today infact. it was delish. I tend to put a lot, most would say too much, sugar in though. whatever.

regular coffee im into as well. id rather have a so-so coffee than a so-so americano. it's weird how even so-so coffee is drinkable, but a so-so americano (see blenz) is not.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

I actually love TH coffee (again I drink it black, I can see you're point when everyone is getting double doubles). This is probably because I grew up stopping at Tim Hortons at 6:30am on my way to hockey games (can you tell I am from canada? fuck...)

The americano at street level is great!

Diners with free refills is the greatest part about going out for breakfast.
Victoria Straight Edge
wolfgang
VIHC Poster

Post by wolfgang »

I have an Espresso machine at home and grind my own beans for a double Espresso in the morning, and one at night. At the shop we do French press...or if I'm feeling lazy...Habit is two doors down and make a good Americano. There are a shitload of good coffee places in town...but I like a cup of gas station coffee or diner drip as much as an Espresso from Street Level, Fantastico, Habit or Discovery...depending on the day. I also like Starbucks "coffee flavored milkshakes" on occasion...pumpkin spiced lattes, white chocolate mochas, etc. I just really LOVE coffee. I also love Beer, Gin, Dark Chocolate and Black licorice!
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

officespace wrote:I like the taste of coffee. Love the smell of it being brewed. yum!
exactly how i feel.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

wolfgang wrote:but I like a cup of gas station coffee or diner drip as much as an Espresso from Street Level, Fantastico, Habit or Discovery...depending on the day.
sometimes "bad" coffee is the best coffee. My friend has a small cabin on cowichan lake. One morning (after getting about an hour of sleep in the bed of a truck) I went and got a cup of coffee from the gas station/mechanic 5mins away. I think I enjoyed that cup of coffee more then any other coffee. My friend pushed me off the dock that morning, coffee in hand. My whole body went under water except for the hand my coffee was in which I managed to keep in the air. Treaded water for a little while drinking it. God that coffee ruled. Best dollar I've ever spent.
Victoria Straight Edge
Token
VIHC Poster

Post by Token »

Don't drink coffee at all. If not for the taste, then for the fact it sends my anxiety through the roof most of the time. I did once go through a phase of having a non-fat, no whip, peppermint white chocolate mocha from Starbucks every morning, but go fed up with spending 5.00 bucks or more for something that doesn't work for me.
Now I just get my caffeine fix from Diet Coke.
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

french press is my jam, second is shitty diner coffee(I dont even know why i just love it!). as far as getting coffee when I'm out i give preference to jj bean, sweet tooth & laughing bean. I will go to starbucks if there is nothing close and I have no problem fucking with a tim-ho.
blenz and second cup can both suck my ass
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

Generally I always have a coffee with me, or I don't go a few hours without one. I have one right away in the morning and it goes down pretty fast, then I will pour a second and have it unil it's gone. I always have a coffee going at work, And i will have a fresh one at the end of the day before I leave work. I usually have 3 or 4 large coffees at work (my mug is really big) and then if I'm going out ill grab one if i'm at the mall or if I go out to dinner I'll have one. Sometimes I find myself racing to starbucks by my house before it closes to have some before I go to bed. I drink tea in the evening so between 7 and 9 I won't have a coffee. I won't start my day without one and not because it makes me "cranky" or "irritable" because I am those things alot of the time anyways.

I drink it different all the time, sometimes I have it black, sometimes just with raw sugar, sometimes with no sugar but a little soy milk, sometimes if I am feeling like a sweeter coffee I will get a low fat soy vanilla or hazelnut latte from a coffeeshop, generally with 4-6 extra shots of espresso in it.

The BEST cup of coffee (purchased) that I have ever had was at Bean Around the World.
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

I rarely have coffee. it makes me feel weird. sometimes troy leaves a pot in our coffee maker and I microwave a cup. it's okay. I don't really get it.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Tea>Coffee. Forever and ever and ever until the sun explodes and kills Willa.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

grind/bro wrote:Tea>Coffee. Forever and ever and ever until the sun explodes and kills Willa.

HA. That won't happen BECAUSE I NEVER GO OUTSIDE!

SHOWED YOU!
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

tylerp wrote:sometimes troy leaves a pot in our coffee maker and I microwave a cup.
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
ian
VIHC Poster

Post by ian »

the day i got to the east coast i had a cup of tim hortons coffee because it was the nearest place and i have since had at least one or two a day everyday.