That thing about the all-ages space

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

darcy
VIHC Poster

That thing about the all-ages space

Post by darcy »

How is it coming along? I haven't heard anything about that for a long long time.
I actually want to do what I can to help out with it. I want to offer up what I can (be in future finances, labour, services).
Are you afraid of milk?
Should I hide the milk?

http://tinyurl.com/8rgq73e
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Re: That thing about the all-ages space

Post by Hollow »

So far it's been coming along really well. Business plan is almost finished, we've sussed out a few places that would work with one place in particular that would be awesome, we had a fundraiser show a month or so back that raised a little under $500, and we have a bunch more planned for the near future.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Crucified
"It's what's for dinner"

Post by Crucified »

one thing you can do if you'd like to help out is spread this link around.

http://vihc.net/donate.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tambro wrote:Forget girls, play video games.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

That is an excellent thing to spread. Much better than herpes.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Hollow wrote:That is an excellent thing to spread. Much better than herpes.
Why do you insist on stating your opinion as fact?
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Andrew wrote:

BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS RIGHT.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Hollow wrote:
Andrew wrote:

BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS RIGHT.
Herpes does not agree.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

I am looking forward to seeing the venue you get organized guys. I saw Jordan's posts about it on a couple other boards, I hope it all comes together for you. Is this the VIHC Society, or a different group of people opening the venue?
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Andrew wrote:I am looking forward to seeing the venue you get organized guys. I saw Jordan's posts about it on a couple other boards, I hope it all comes together for you. Is this the VIHC Society, or a different group of people opening the venue?
Sub-committee of the Society. Board members are a part of it but there's about 8 or 9 people total and most are just people who want to see it done.
darcy
VIHC Poster

Post by darcy »

I would like to help organize a mixed art show. Like, a show with a mix of artwork, music, performance, etc. I think this new space would be awesome for a music venue, but I think it would be a shame to not also use it to showcase local painters, performers, and crafters.
Are you afraid of milk?
Should I hide the milk?

http://tinyurl.com/8rgq73e
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Hollow wrote: 8 or 9 people total and most are just people who want to see it done.
Who's in on it?
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

haven't heard the word "sussed out" since australia. Such an under-rated word.

donate!
Victoria Straight Edge
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

Andrew wrote:
Hollow wrote: 8 or 9 people total and most are just people who want to see it done.
Who's in on it?
Its our board of directors which consists of Troy, myself, Scott, Pauly, Zach and Tambo. Willa, Cam and Kevin are also in, among with other such as Jordan, Ashkey, Meagan, Teiman, and anyone else that I missed.my friend Dylan is also interested in getting involved but we'll see.
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

darcy wrote:I would like to help organize a mixed art show. Like, a show with a mix of artwork, music, performance, etc. I think this new space would be awesome for a music venue, but I think it would be a shame to not also use it to showcase local painters, performers, and crafters.

Our plan is to offer it to anyone who is willing to pay and work within our rules (i.e. no booze). Honestly, when we open this up if someone wants to do an art show and is willing to pay for the space, cool. If they wanna do a comedy hour, whatever. Last I checked their money spends just as well.

Also:
Jordan F. wrote:donate!
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

This rules, I want in.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

ebony wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Who's in on it?
Its our board of directors which consists of Troy, myself, Scott, Pauly, Zach and Tambo. Willa, Cam and Kevin are also in, among with other such as Jordan, Ashkey, Meagan, Teiman, and anyone else that I missed.my friend Dylan is also interested in getting involved but we'll see.
This is really awesome. I'm stoked on all of you for doing this, I wish you all the best in bringing it to fruition.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:This rules, I want in.
I believe we're meeting this Wednesday at 7:00 at my place. Feel free to drop in.
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

garbage mountain 2011
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

age of quarrel wrote:MOSH MOUNTAIN 2011
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

we need a cooler name, garbage mountain is gonna be hard to top