this is still going?
man hardcore is boring sometimes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/letsgetrad/
GO LOOK AT MY PHOTOZ
officespace
VIHC Poster

Re: Van Isle party fest 7, 2011 Get into it

Post by officespace »

There's plenty of Keith's photos in which I look bored. Even one during Runaways which were my favorite set of the fest.
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

I don't know what just happened. I was joking around on the interwebz with Tyler about hardcore does generally have "go to the gym" mentality. I wasn't poking fun at anyone for that. I do also in fact go to the gym, actually went to the gym. I haven't gone regularly for a while. I don't know why people like on the gym so much. I'll even call out that XChadX goes to the gym. He goes because it makes him feel good after. That is what I like about it as well. I am also going to take up biking and generally get fit, because really it's always about bettering ourselves and what better way than getting healthy.
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

This sums up everything in life

http://youtu.be/SrRk1ZoiWBk
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

xnoogzx wrote:This sums up everything in life

http://youtu.be/SrRk1ZoiWBk
this was incredible
New West Crew
LET THE ROUNDUPS BEGIN

Post by New West Crew »

I had a long reply here, but there's really no point to it.

Basically what it comes down to is this: did ANYONE who was offended talk to the girl involved to see how she felt about the whole thing? I strongly doubt it, because she seemed petty pissed off that people she'd never met were speaking for her. No one seemed to actually care how the girl actually felt about the whole thing. She didn't seem to feel disrespected until someone felt like they could voice her opinion for her.
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

New West Crew wrote:I had a long reply here, but there's really no point to it.

Basically what it comes down to is this: did ANYONE who was offended talk to the girl involved to see how she felt about the whole thing? I strongly doubt it, because she seemed petty pissed off that people she'd never met were speaking for her. No one seemed to actually care how the girl actually felt about the whole thing. She didn't seem to feel disrespected until someone felt like they could voice her opinion for her.
Who is voicing an opinion for her? All I said was it's not right for a singer of a hardcore band to say this one goes out to the girl who sucked my dick. I'm not getting where all the confusion comes from. Plus isn't it more than just how she feels about it. I mean of course it mostly about her but it also effects the others in the room. I'm sorry I just don't find a dude saying stuff about a girl sucking his dick to be that fundamental to the hardcore/punk scene.
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

New West Crew wrote:I had a long reply here, but there's really no point to it.

I wasen't offended, but as a woman that was once 18 I did talk to her. She was in a flirty mood, wanted to act that way, and was completely fine with the incident. She was under the influence though, so how she felt the next day was either embarassed, or she didnt give a fuck. I tried to tell her that guys would make a fool of her if she acted that way she she didnt care. When Josh asked her how old she was, her frst answer was "old enough"
So there you go.
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

sometimes I get drunk and do embarrassing things
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

i stagedove when they played josie, but no one caught me. so i feel like i've done penance.

lets make this thread about working out
my mom recently brought my old dumbells to my place from langley so i've been doing some simple weight training for the past couple days, do any of you guys know any interesting dumbell techniques? i usually do curls, shrugs, and tricep lifts (i don't know the slang term...) and then a few different kinds of pushups for my upper body. is there anyway i can use my dumbells for my core routine? (i have 10, 20 and 30 pound ones)
gonna do some coke off my doom cannon if you get my drift
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

nvm i'm going to throw in my two cents on the issue.

i'm obviously biased because i know the guys in blackwater/grow and don't know anyone from horizons, but i agree with andrew. the approach they took with the sign was the best way to get their opinion (one that apparently a decent amount of people shared) out there. i see where other people are coming from in their disagreement with it (it was passive agressive/a bummer ect ect). i find them just as approachable as noogz finds dustin and i'm sure that if someone from the horizons camp had talked to them at the fest instead of mocking them the whole issue would've gotten cleared up on the spot.
or not.
but at least real life dialogue would've happened.
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

You should totally do some military presses, probably my favourite when it comes to dumbbell workout. http://youtu.be/Unkjt6EbJfc
Also lateral raises http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geenhiHju-o
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

xnoogzx wrote:You should totally do some military presses, probably my favourite when it comes to dumbbell workout. http://youtu.be/Unkjt6EbJfc
Also lateral raises http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geenhiHju-o
thanks dude! i just got a chair the other day, i'll have to incorporate those.

i need this book
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

I'm also going to say this as well. I know I should be the last person saying this but alcohol does affect what you say and do as well. I'm sure Dustin could have dealt with the situation better, it was a bit dert. However, what's done is done. He even said he would have apologized for his actions if people came up to him and questioned him about it in person. But really, again, you're hyping this band more than any of the bands that played. Let's get back to what's really important here, working out, lifting weights and getting fit! (all of which I need to start doing as well)
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

I need a gym partner, Spartacus on Commercial only $30/month. Come on! I got programs that I want to test.
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

Apparently this book is quite tight as well
xnoogzx
VIHC Poster

Post by xnoogzx »

Or best yet, everyone should just shut up and watch Ghibli films
Arrietty!
Ponyo!