Hey Watcher

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Andrew
Sea bass

Hey Watcher

Post by Andrew »

What day are you going to Edmonton for Ghost Throats?
tylerp
Site Admin

Re: Hey Watcher

Post by tylerp »

Our rough plan is this, since Kris and Richard both have jobs now:

Friday:
Head to Vancouver or somewhere in BC and play a show. Stay the night there.
Saturday:
Trek to Edmonton, we're playing that day. If we end up having to play really early, I guess that just means less sleep or just making Friday our travel day.
Sunday: Gigantic trip from Edmonton to Victoria.

I really hope we can extend this because I want to soak up as much of the fest as possible and split up our travel times a little bit more. But like I said... that's our rough plan.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

i'm just going to walk there.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
destroy
VIHC Poster

Post by destroy »

since this thread is about using threads to communicate things that aren't quite public domain...

I have paid very little attention so far. what days does Andrew have arranged this year? is it friday/saturday or saturday/sunday?

i say forget playing here on the Friday and just drive all night. for me it just isn't a trip to alberta if we leave before 10 pm and i don't drive all night without stopping. we're taking the Benz but with the new speeding laws and May long weekend speed traps it looks like i won't be breaking my 9 hour record time. :cry:
"user destroy has some opinions on bands." - tylerpicklesmith, 2010.
destroy
VIHC Poster

Post by destroy »

hell, forget the fest.

when we're not reaping the spoils of middle class suburbia, i'm gonna be at the mall hangin' out with that cute as fuck penguin, trying to make friends with the girl who gets to hang out with him all day. plus, waterslides and rollercoasters.

...hopefully it doesn't snow this time.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

woh woh woh, how the hell did watcher get the gig to play a fest in edmonton, after being a band for a month?
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Nick Gibas does not fuck around.
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

play calgary if you can, really awesome scene there and you shouldn't have too tough a time getting a show
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

Sean/Tempest and Damages, we should try to hang as much as possible.

We (Watcher) could even arrive separately since Kris/Richard mentioned maybe being able to borrow a vehicle, we could stagger our arrival and exit so those of us who don't have such tight work schedules could see more of the fest and the penguin. I am SO down for waterslides since last time I hit up Edmonton I was hanging out with people who weren't the least bit interested.
Human-Demise wrote:woh woh woh, how the hell did watcher get the gig to play a fest in edmonton, after being a band for a month?
We've been a band for a few months now, just spent that time writing songs and jamming. I think claiming inspiration from a niche genre of music, having members that are in another band that can play the fest, and mostly having great friends like Andrew - those are the reasons. I do agree it's kind of ridiculous. But it -is- a fest. I'm sure if an Edmonton hardcore band with good dude reputations wanted to play VIHC fest, they could.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

It's also not like Ghost Throats is some insanely huge fest Watcher got on to. It's a pretty localized fest based in ALberta
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

Networking. Welcome to 70+% of life.
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Tambro wrote:Networking. Welcome to 70+% of life.

Business majors, amirite?
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

What kind of rate of return are we talkin' here?
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

also good on you guys for getting off this shitty island and actually playing somewhere else, this place produces way too many good bands who can never get it together to take the ferry to go play a show.
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

tylerp wrote: I am SO down for waterslides since last time I hit up Edmonton I was hanging out with people who weren't the least bit interested.

Correction we had only a few hours in Edm to make the timeline to get to your Aunt & Uncles as planned and maximize Cabin time. We were least bit interested in Roller Coaster as we didn't want to spend money/ be fruggle. If it was a longer trip that could have changed but i had a great time regardless as the rest of the trip was AWESOME
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

we're slated to play second last on saturday. pretty ridiculous but I think it's because we're possibly not even arriving until saturday evening. I'd think that stalwart sons should play after us but it's nice to have a band between white ribs and us so that kris can have a break.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

Hey, i. Just found out im going to be in edmonton around those days, so now i have a bunch of questions

what is ghost throats?

is it more than one day? If yrs can i just go the one day

How much for the day you guys are playing

tyler, ypu think you could use ypur connections to maybr help my band get a gig out of town sometime, cause thatd be really cool.

Stoked on the coincidences that alow me to see this show
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

ghost throats is a punk festival that has bands more in the 90's emo / dischord / weird kind of side of things. it's a three day fest spanning the friday to the sunday. I have no idea what it costs but I would assume it's not that much. playing this was at the suggestion of Andrew and there was no magic involved, we're lucky to be playing.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

tylerp wrote:there was no magic involved
your words fail to disprove your sorcery, you are a wizard, or possibly a conjuror.
tylerp wrote:we're lucky to be playing.
I'd like to purchase some of your magic luck.
destroy
VIHC Poster

Post by destroy »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:Nick Gibas does not fuck around when it comes to $2 tuggers and tacos.

for this trip i predict driving faster than most people are comfortable with and hating those impeding my progress, multiple trips to Pad's, possibly steel wheelz, not losing my wallet from 1995 in Entwistle, steaks with Bill Stowe, a stockpile of vegan baked-goods, NO RECORD SHOPPING, and not being late for our own show on account of buying $90 PANTERA records.

I have hopes with marginal reservations for slides n coasters. out of the 5 times TEMPEST has been to Edmonton Scotty and i have yet to make good on our plans to do so that date back to the maiden voyage. despite the fact that where we stay is like 5 minutes from the mall, usually my time is fragmented between 2-3 trips per day out to Newfieland in Spruce Grove, chauferring/babysitting multiple adults, multiple dinner invitations, worrying about guitar strings, and seeing old friends. that and the fact that my band is largely comprised of wussy creampuffs (FAT VEGANS!!!) who are adverse to such thrills.

i'll be down to hang lots, but you won't even be around to watch us bring the house down. it might prove to be ultimately too much to ask of you, as it will likely require all parties involved to be awake before noon, txt messages replied to in a better than 3 days later time frame, and certainly no room for NERDS pining over Star Trek memoribilia.

still. penguins are one of my favourite animals, so i'm gonna go see that goddamn bird.