Pet peeve

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Andrew
Sea bass

Pet peeve

Post by Andrew »

Tell us a pet peeve.

My pet peeve for the day is dress-up "comedy" movies. You know, the ones where the star "comedian" dresses like someone else. guys pretending to be women, old, fat, fat old women, etc. That shit is so unfunny to me, but they just keep making these things.
tylerp
Site Admin

Re: Pet peeve

Post by tylerp »

lack of humility - anyone that legitimately tries to brag or projects a sense of superiority always rubs me the wrong way. every time. people who try to be "alpha male" are the worst. I recognize that this is not limited to men.

when an item on a restaurant menu doesn't come as described. especially when it contains milk products that aren't listed. sometimes it's just not intuitive to ask every time. I would never expect ranch dressing on a salmon burger that already has salsa or a ton of yogurt on the rice in a teriyaki stir fry.

records that don't specify the RPM.

people not respecting gear I have loaned. I don't know who broke my mic stand but I bought that thing new and now it's half broken and sitting in the troyler and I never even got any personal use out of it.

taxes. I recently found out that I might be taxed around five grand since I'm working under contract as a separate entity, which can be considered my own business, and my paycheques don't have any tax deductions as it is. I do not have that much saved up and I may need to consult a tax dude so that I'm prepared. I am way too young for such a complicated situation.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

When people ask what the significance of my tattoos are.
When people scoff at me for listening to aggressive music, while I couldnt be concerned less with whatever they're listening to.
The term "hipster".
When someone forces their pseudo-political contexts and ethics on every situation.
People who don't use Snopes.com.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

people who "grow out" of metal(or any extreme music), I get that tastes change and evolve and sometimes people get burnt out on stuff, but I'm talking about the people who all of a suden change over night, regret what they did before. like that chump from no comment. or that guy from mayhem whos a televangelist now.

also people who shit talk every band in town, then complain that not enough people come to see them.

when a new band starts headlining shows immediately. so lame.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

Human-Demise wrote:guy from mayhem whos a televangelist now.
link now
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

Human-Demise wrote:like that chump from no comment.
at least he gets his hair back!
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

hahaha it was crossed out not no comment
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

trappedinside wrote:hahaha it was crossed out not no comment
shit. it is crossed out.

is the guy from no comment a wiener?
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

"Your mom" jokes. I don't even bother responding to them any more because they're about on par with "that's so gay" and as such not even worth the energy it would take for me to tell one how much of a boring idiot they are.

People who act like being called a racist is worse than actually being a racist. Same goes for every internet asshole who quotes Morgan Freeman to back up their fucked up idea that talking about racism is the cause of racism and anybody who is offended by racial slurs are the real racists for some fucked up reason.

Men's rights "activists" and people who in general don't understand the concept of social and political privilege, whether that be white privilege, male privilege, economic privilege, etc.

People who look like punks and only go to bar shows.

People who look like punks but make rules for other punks.

People in bands who get butt hurt over other bands' success.

South Park (except for the one where the little kids hockey team plays the Detroit Red Wings).

Dudes who complain about being "friend zoned".

People who claim to like hockey but cheer for teams other than the Montreal Canadiens.

Everybody who used the Stanley Cup riots as an excuse to regale us with asinine comparisons between cheering for a team and being some kind of racist woman hating nationalist.

Everybody who refused to admit that, yes, it was in fact real Canuks fans that were rioting.

The way that this thread is making think about every little thing that grinds my gears.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

APA formatting. What the fuuuuuuu-
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

ZACH ATTACK wrote: Dudes who complain about being "friend zoned".
Haha, this! I see no shortage of people complaining about this on reddit or 4chan. Granted, I shouldn't expect much from either. But the common story seems to be that a guy helps a girl through her troubles, is always there for her, listens to her complain about guys treating her poorly and that there are no good guys out there, and then said guy is upset that they don't end up hooking up. But really, that story always involves a guy who acts like a friend, then expects to be compensated with a relationship. That's pathetic and just grinds my gears!

I like some aspects of APA formatting but still prefer Chicago.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

"WHAAAAAA I WAS NICE TO A GIRL AND NOW SHE WANTS TO BE FRIENDS WITH ME. WHAAAAAAA I'M A VICTIM!"
canon.docre
Grey Metal

Post by canon.docre »

I'm beginning to think me talking about how good I am at drums and then totally shitting the bed in practice is starting to become one of Zach's pet-peeves.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

Yeah, that too.
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

scott not having his HUGE beard, now there's a peeve!!!!
canon.docre
Grey Metal

Post by canon.docre »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:Yeah, that too.
We need to jam on a different day, 3 hours with Ceres and then sitting down with you guys is really starting to kill me.
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

grind/bro wrote:scott not having his HUGE beard, now there's a peeve!!!!
Guys that can grow beards but don't. BREAKING MY HEART.

(This is not a real pet peve, but I'm in the silly mood.)
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

Human-Demise wrote:
trappedinside wrote:hahaha it was crossed out not no comment
shit. it is crossed out.

is the guy from no comment a wiener?
the singer of no comment is (was until very recently?) in a ripping fast HC band called low threat profile with the guitar player from infest and the drummer from lack of interest, they have a 7'' and an LP, check that shit out... i think the other three all disappeared off the face of the earth so who knows.

to contribute to the topic at hand, people who complain endlessly about living in victoria and how this is the lamest place in the world, then tell you all about how they're gonna move to montreal or toronto (ha) or some european city even though they will never actually do it. also, gossipers.
xJohnnyx
VIHC Poster

Post by xJohnnyx »

ZACH ATTACK wrote: People in bands who get butt hurt over other bands' success.
That's definately one for me!

- People who get personally offended when you don't like something they like.
- People who think I am pretentious just because they happen to not know any of the bands like I like.
- When people tell to stop being angry when I am not even angry at all.
- Customers who act like saying hi to them is the same as saying "buy shit from right now". I don't give a fuck if you are "just looking" and have absolutely no intention of buying anything, I am genuinely being friendly...
- Customers who act like I personally designed/picked/ordered/choose what sizes we get or made any kind of decision about the products in my store, and did it just to spite them.
- Dumb middle aged bitches who come in EVERY FUCKING DAY, try a bunch of shit on and then not buy anything when I tell for the thousandth time that I can't give them a discount!

Well there's too many customer service related ones too even bother writing them all...

- People who constantly refer to their boy/girlfriend as "My Boy/Girlfriend" in spite of the fact that I am fully acquainted with said boy/girlfriend and would know exactly who they are talking about if they used thir name.
- Having to tip people for pouring a cup of coffee or putting a slice of pizza on paper plate, I am sorry but if you work at a coffeeshop or somewhere where you stick premade food on a plate for a customer who you interacted with for maybe 30 seconds tops, I am not tipping you. At least you get tips sometimes, I do WAY more for customers and don't get tipped EVER, and retail pays just as shitty as food.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to like, It takes strength to be gentle and kind .
Fish
VIHC Poster

Post by Fish »

people who sit next to you on an empty bus.
<x><