Faggot Bird Gets Punched The Fuck Out

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Faggot Bird Gets Punched The Fuck Out

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
Andrew
Sea bass

Re: ONE TIME ME AND MY COUSIN TOUCHED WIENERS Bird Gets Punched

Post by Andrew »

That sucks. :cry:
NoiseNotBombs

Post by NoiseNotBombs »

That video is so replusive in every way. How can you condon the use of such homphobic terms? And violence toward anothr living being? The things society finds entertaining is sick...
krisribs
VIHC Poster

Post by krisribs »

That man should get Worst Human Award
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

lighten up
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

It's a pigeon getting punched. I'm not really sure what's not funny about it. And yeah, I don't really like that word and I'll admit it made it a little uncomfortable, but then I remebered I've been marching in pride parades since I was 12, was pretty instrumental in starting a gay-straight alliance at my highschool and for many years in Peterborough when attacks against women and members of the LBGT community were pretty common place I'd spend many a night doing what the police force wouldn't do and patrolling the streets downtown making sure everybody was safe. So you'll understand why I don't feel like I have anything to prove or why laughing at an obviously funny video will undo any of that. I mean, I'm sorry if anybody really is offensive, but I also think that somethings are entirely too absurd to be offended by.
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Gotta agree with Zach on this one. As someone who's been an animal rights activist AND has been involved with gay rights for well over a decade (mainly because my mother is actually gay), I can say there isn't that much to get pissed off about.

Several reasons why.

1. The pigeon isn't actually getting punched, just knocked off the table. Watch it again, the only thing that makes it look that bad is the fact that it's a closed fist. Otherwise, that hand is moving too slowly to be a punch. Plus, there would have been WAY more feathers if there had been any force behind it. Trust me, that bird is fine.

2. It's a forty five second clip on the internet. Move on.

3. Kris, buddy, I appreciate the sentiment, but there are so many worse things that people in this world have done. Calling a pigeon the F-bomb and knocking it off a table isn't even close.

Seriously, yeah, probably not the most appropriate venue to be posting this, but in the end it's not hurting anything or anyone by being up. Either be offended and don't watch the thing, or laugh your ass off and watch it again.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

If the pigeon wasn't hurt then that's different, but I don't think a vid hurting the bird is very cool. Yeah I know, there's no way for me to say that without sounding like a big PC wet blanket.

Hah, it's cool that you guys have your gay positive credentials in order, but does the guy who posted it? I don't think finding the vid funny makes you a hater, but you guys are seeing the stupidity and the irony in it, I'm not sure the guy who made the video is.
Fish
VIHC Poster

Post by Fish »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:lighten up
What he said.
I laughed, I moved on.
<x><
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Andrew wrote:If the pigeon wasn't hurt then that's different, but I don't think a vid hurting the bird is very cool. Yeah I know, there's no way for me to say that without sounding like a big PC wet blanket.

Hah, it's cool that you guys have your gay positive credentials in order, but does the guy who posted it? I don't think finding the vid funny makes you a hater, but you guys are seeing the stupidity and the irony in it, I'm not sure the guy who made the video is.

It ended with "We Are the Champions" a song by Queen, about the Stonewall riots which kickstarted the modern gay rights movement.

He either does see the irony, in which case it's funny. Or, he doesn't understand the subtext of that song, in which case it's fucking hilarious.

Either way, I'm laughin'.

And honestly there's no way to prove one way or another that that bird is okay. I say fuck it, looks okay to me. Let it go.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
ian
VIHC Poster

Post by ian »

NoiseNotBombs wrote:That video is so replusive in every way. How can you condon the use of such homphobic terms? And violence toward anothr living being? The things society finds entertaining is sick...

uhhhhhhhhhh....... oooooookay.
krisribs
VIHC Poster

Post by krisribs »

Hollow wrote:
3. Kris, buddy, I appreciate the sentiment, but there are so many worse things that people in this world have done. Calling a pigeon the F-bomb and knocking it off a table isn't even close.
Yeah, I was just kidding, kinda hard to portray the appropriate tone of my comment over the internet. This guy probably is a jerk IRL, but I'm not really offended, I actually larfed.

That's not to say I'm undermining my initial reaction of objection to both abuse of an animal and the homophobic title, but I agree with the above comments stating that this isn't necessarily a time to prove your PC-ness, and if you're going to get offended at everything you see on the internet, YOU DO NOT BELONG ON THE INTERNET.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

krisribs wrote:
Hollow wrote:
Yeah, I was just kidding, kinda hard to portray the appropriate tone of my comment over the internet. This guy probably is a jerk IRL, but I'm not really offended, I actually larfed.

That's not to say I'm undermining my initial reaction of objection to both abuse of an animal and the homophobic title, but I agree with the above comments stating that this isn't necessarily a time to prove your PC-ness, and if you're going to get offended at everything you see on the internet, YOU DO NOT BELONG ON THE INTERNET.

Haha. Sweet. Okay, cool, glad to see we're on the same page. We should have a rousing, drunken debate on political correctness next time your in town.

Which reminds me. PM me about a show in February I'd like you boys to play.
NoiseNotBombs

Post by NoiseNotBombs »

You guys don't take animal liberation very seirusly then. I feel sorry for you. There is no easy way to maintain a sense of humour about things, when animal creulty is rampant. None of you are thinking beyong yourselves into the minds of animals who becom abused. Ferthermore why are you all afraid of feeling for this animal? Even if the video is fake, it still perpatuates a form of violence. A form of speciesism. If you don't see that as sick, well i'm not sure you are in the right head space. Would you laugh at minstrels who portray blackface?

And despite anyones invovlement with gay rights, it still paints an unconfortable picture when you use degredating terms like "f*ggot". If the video was posted as N*gger Bird you wouldnt post it anywhere over ffear of being labeled a racist. I guess you might not be thinking when you are having "fun".
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

Insulting people from a moral high horse (or does that suggest I support the exploitation of horses?) probably isn't the best way to bring them around to your point of view.

And if you want to talk about perpetuating violence then maybe we should talk about exploiting 9/11 imagery to promote punk shows.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

lol
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
ian
VIHC Poster

Post by ian »

zing
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

I wasn't going to watch it until I heard all the controversy, then it wasn't up anymore. Lame. Bring more drama though.
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
krisribs
VIHC Poster

Post by krisribs »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:Insulting people from a moral high horse (or does that suggest I support the exploitation of horses?) probably isn't the best way to bring them around to your point of view.

And if you want to talk about perpetuating violence then maybe we should talk about exploiting 9/11 imagery to promote punk shows.
I like the make of your meat. Is it too late to apprentice under you?

*swoon*
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

You most certainly may. Next time your in vic we'll begin your lessons.