Jan 20th: Tacoma, WA
Jan 21st: Seattle, WA
Jan 22nd: Kelowna, BC
Jan 23rd: Calgary, AB

*** with CREATURES
****** with CRUCIFIED

See you soon.

drag. vancouver fell through, no vic.
but i understand, the turn out the last time was rough to say the least.
creatures! crucified!
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Re: withdrawal/creatures/crucified tour

Post by Human-Demise »

bummer, I'm not going to Seattle.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Damn. I would have put on a show for them at the Red Door. I'm sure Troy would have done the same at his house, given the chance. Oh well, tours are like that. Hopefully they make it out this way the next time.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

I'm considering going to Seattle for this.
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Perhaps it's one of those bullshit promotion company "Seattle but no lower mainland/VI" tours?
Token
VIHC Poster

Post by Token »

I might have my loan by then so I could totally do the Seattle trip. Crossing fingers and toes...
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Andrew wrote:Perhaps it's one of those bullshit promotion company "Seattle but no lower mainland/VI" tours?

I haven't noticed that myself. What other tours have done that?
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Hollow wrote:
Andrew wrote:Perhaps it's one of those bullshit promotion company "Seattle but no lower mainland/VI" tours?

I'd need to dig up the info, but there's a promoter/group in Seattle (maybe Infinite Productions) who have been bringing bands to Seattle on the condition that they don't play any other shows within x miles of Seattle, which happens to include Van and Vic.

One example that comes to mind is that 10 for 10 tour.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Andrew wrote:
Hollow wrote:

I'd need to dig up the info, but there's a promoter/group in Seattle (maybe Infinite Productions) who have been bringing bands to Seattle on the condition that they don't play any other shows within x miles of Seattle, which happens to include Van and Vic.

One example that comes to mind is that 10 for 10 tour.

That is some goddamn bullshit. I'd like to see the info myself, but I trust you not to go around making shit up. Fuck, some people's children eh?
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Sorry my answer isn't more detailed, I'm sure someone else knows more about this. Chad or Hunter should be in the know.
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

I remember hearing about that proximity agreement with Have Heart's last tour. I don't know anything other than we were all choked and talked about it with our friends and on the internet. It might have just been our imaginations trying to make sense of it.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:I remember hearing about that proximity agreement with Have Heart's last tour. I don't know anything other than we were all choked and talked about it with our friends and on the internet. It might have just been our imaginations trying to make sense of it.

Yeah, I would be pretty choked too (well, not over Have Heart, but you know what I mean). Oh, and in other news WHEN THE FUCK ARE YOU COMING BACK? We need to get drunk and listen to Buried Alive and Integrity while wearing military caps and camo shorts.
Xcitrusx
Probably not a spambot

Post by Xcitrusx »

Andrew wrote:Sorry my answer isn't more detailed, I'm sure someone else knows more about this. Chad or Hunter should be in the know.
Quite a few booking agents have these agreements in place. The NW is in a weird state right now, not alot of hardcore shows happening, so rather than have 3 or 4 mediocre shows in Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria (or add in Bellingham or Olympia) they will do 1 or 2 shows in the NW and hope that people will travel. For the promoter who gets the show it means possibly making a couple bucks or at least breaking even. For the booking agent, who works on percentages for each show, it can add up to more money.
It should also be noted for a show like this... for the NW dates it's only Withdrawal. No offence to them, but in Vancouver the turn out would be very small for them and it could be hard for a promoter to break even on a show like this unless you found a way to stack the bill with Vancouver & Seattle bands.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Xcitrusx wrote:
Andrew wrote:Sorry my answer isn't more detailed, I'm sure someone else knows more about this. Chad or Hunter should be in the know.
Quite a few booking agents have these agreements in place. The NW is in a weird state right now, not alot of hardcore shows happening, so rather than have 3 or 4 mediocre shows in Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria (or add in Bellingham or Olympia) they will do 1 or 2 shows in the NW and hope that people will travel. For the promoter who gets the show it means possibly making a couple bucks or at least breaking even. For the booking agent, who works on percentages for each show, it can add up to more money.
It should also be noted for a show like this... for the NW dates it's only Withdrawal. No offence to them, but in Vancouver the turn out would be very small for them and it could be hard for a promoter to break even on a show like this unless you found a way to stack the bill with Vancouver & Seattle bands.

That makes sense, but it's a little frustrating. Mainly because here in Vic we could have easily gotten them a house show that would have made them some cash and been well attended. But if they're not gonna get a decent show in Seattle and Vancouver, I could see why coming out here would be counter-productive.

Bah. Capitalism.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Xcitrusx wrote: Quite a few booking agents have these agreements in place. The NW is in a weird state right now, not alot of hardcore shows happening, so rather than have 3 or 4 mediocre shows in Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria (or add in Bellingham or Olympia) they will do 1 or 2 shows in the NW and hope that people will travel. For the promoter who gets the show it means possibly making a couple bucks or at least breaking even. For the booking agent, who works on percentages for each show, it can add up to more money.
Thanks Citrus. How are you doing?

This idea probably works for some bands, but I also think tours have come under one of these agreements that would've done fine playing Seattle and Van/Vic.
PaulyHC
STREET BY STREET

Post by PaulyHC »

I almost got Withdrawal to VIC, almost - we had it, and then the date filled up in Seattle as i was texting both Troy and Willa about house show :(
Text message from Troy "honest dude" Lemberg 07-07-2010

"hey do you have any pot for sale"

^^ verbatim
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

PaulyHC wrote:I almost got Withdrawal to VIC, almost - we had it, and then the date filled up in Seattle as i was texting both t-bone and Willa about house show :(
ha, i knew you would have been trying paul. im hoping i can see them again before i move, i dont know how often they travel east
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

keith. wrote:
PaulyHC wrote:I almost got Withdrawal to VIC, almost - we had it, and then the date filled up in Seattle as i was texting both t-bone and Willa about house show :(
ha, i knew you would have been trying paul. im hoping i can see them again before i move, i dont know how often they travel east

Wait, woah...move? Where to?
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

Hollow wrote:
keith. wrote:

Wait, woah...move? Where to?
oh im moving to toronto around the begining of may.
i made the choice last summer when i went through a bad breakup i wanted to escape, but now i just see it as something i need to do. ive lived here my whole life, gotta do some explorin'