Bands you couldn't care less about

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Bands you couldn't care less about

Post by Hollow »

I'm not talking about bands you like. I'm talking about bands that everyone else seems to love, and you just cannot wrap your head around why.

For me:

The Beatles- I honestly don't get it. They wrote some good songs for sure, and they were a talented group of guys, but overall their music bores the shit out of me. The only time I really listen to them is when someone else puts them on, and then I generally tune them out. The cult like adoration this band has gotten for the past 40+ years completely confuses me.

Trapped Under Ice- Really? This band? I mean...don't get me wrong they're not bad. They're just not good, either. I've listened to their shit over and over and I'm sorry, these guys just don't do it for me.

Rise and Fall- SNOOOOOOOORE. I always said that European bands are either really, really good or really, really bad with nothing in between. This band proved me wrong.

I'll probably have more as I remember them. Also, lets not put up local bands or bands that post on here from elsewhere, that's just asking for a shit storm and is generally just mean.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Andrew
Sea bass

Re: Bands you couldn't care less about

Post by Andrew »

Beatles for me as well. Cool production on later records, interesting pop song crafting... doesn't grab me at all.

Pink Floyd. Seems to be that band everyone thinks I should like, but do nothing for me.

In general there are lots of bands I respect or recognize the talent of but do not interest me. In hardcore there always seems to be some flavor of the week new band that everyone is pooping themselves over that often does nothing for me.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

only good beatles albums are the white album and abbey road. even those albums have some clunkers on it.

I like trapped under ice, but I agree they are hardly the best.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
cadaver
just looking to meet up with likeminded users who are into eating human flesh

Post by cadaver »

I know so many punk kids who are obsessed with Mother Mother. I am not one.
franks is hippies
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

TUI TILL I DIE
i jam that band all the time 8-)

beatles for sure though.
the fuck outta here
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

keith. wrote:TUI TILL I DIE
i jam that band all the time 8-)
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

yo Willa

BACKED about the beatles. so hard.

also I know this is about bands, but beethoven. I like when people pull out credentials to prove a point but I took a ton of music history and music theory classes in doing my music minor and I had to listen to way more of this chump's music that I would have cared to.

some others:
bonnie prince billy - snoozefest
discordance axis - they're okay but I don't get how this band stands out in any way. especially with the way people go on about them.
morrisey - I like a few smiths songs, but generally I can't enjoy this guy's music and this seems to be one of those universal hype guys.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
weed
squamish female fellowship

Post by weed »

yea mother mother fuckin sucks so hard
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

fuck everyone the Beatles rule.
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
wolfgang
VIHC Poster

Post by wolfgang »

- Pink Floyd
- Black Keys
- Oblivions
- Black Lips
- Buthole Surfers
- Joy Division
- Fucked Up
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Yep on Joy Division and Trapped Under Ice
Morrisey/The Smiths
Integrity
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden
non-Ozzy Black Sabbath
non-Henry Rollins Black Flag
Guns N Roses
Motley Crüe
The Locust
The Eagles
Bon Iver
Mastodon
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

wolfgang wrote: - Buthole Surfers
Same here. I could not tell you what people see in this band.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

oh yeah, the smiths.
trappedinside
Posting while trapped inside an elevator

Post by trappedinside »

love The Beatles, but I grew up on them so I'm totally biased. Tyler i realize grindcore is not your shindig but Discordance Axis is really one of the standout bands in the genre... ridiculously powerful, fast drumming, some of the most insanely high pitched vocals and most rabid, brutal lows ever and the riffs are incredibly well thought out and take a totally unique experimental approach while still retaining the spirit of total no bullshit grind fucking core. I realize the whole point of this thread is to express disinterest in bands people tend to go off on but I find DA to be incredibly underrated (plenty of "grindcore" people don't like them because of their artsy aesthetic and because they're not just playing the same Napalm Death riffs) and they're probably one of my top 5 bands of all time so had to make a special exception and stand up for them. anyway I'm pretty sure this topic came up on here before at some point and a couple people were bothered by me hating on Tragedy and Cursed, I also have never been able to get into Amebix for some reason. as far as general "rock bands" go there are maybe 2 songs I like by the Rolling Stones and the rest I could totally do without the existence of.
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

I dont really like amebix it sounds like disco punk to me. arise is ok but monolith is pretty bunk

i like discorance axis. gridlink is better though.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Human-Demise wrote: i like discorance axis. gridlink is better though.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Human-Demise

Post by Human-Demise »

i only like the inalienable dreamless, people telling me how punk the band is even though it sounds like metal to me really turned me off the band
dave mac
No self righteousness here, was just pointing out a flawed statement

Post by dave mac »

Andrew wrote:
Pink Floyd. Seems to be that band everyone thinks I should like, but do nothing for me

Animals man, Animals. That is the record.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

dave mac wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Pink Floyd. Seems to be that band everyone thinks I should like, but do nothing for me

Animals man, Animals. That is the record.

Sorry, I'm with Andrew on this one (although Pink Floyd is more "rabid hatred" with me than "disinterest"). I cannot, in any way shape or form, enjoy that band. And yes, I have tried. Many, MANY times.

Bryan, Cursed rules, suck it. In fact, I'm going to go down to your room tonight and tell you point blank that Cursed rules and you need to suck it. In fact, suck it. Amebix is hit and miss for me, though. Arise is badass, can't really get into anything else they've done. What was that band we were listening to in your car that I decided sounded like a mix between Amebix and Spinal Tap? Axe Grinder? Because I do not care about that band.
PaulyHC
STREET BY STREET

Post by PaulyHC »

Lightning Bolt

EDIT:

Also,

TUI TILL I DIE! - band rules
Text message from Troy "honest dude" Lemberg 07-07-2010

"hey do you have any pot for sale"

^^ verbatim