VIHC 2012 wishlist

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

keep_it_real
BLOCK BY BLOCK

Re: VIHC 2012 wishlist

Post by keep_it_real »

i dont think haymaker really play at all anymore unless it's like some a389 bash or a local gig in hamilton every few years.

BUT pick your side, which is pretty much just haymaker with a couple other dudes do play shows, maybe try them out? they just put out a new lp and it's actually fairly decent.
canon.docre
Grey Metal

Post by canon.docre »

tylerp wrote:we should find the wildest mix of ideologies - vegan straightedge, homophobic frat bands, super sincere, anarcho, communist, conservative, bonkers dadaist, drunk punx, etc... and make them all play back to back sets one day!
*cough*last years hardcore fest*cough*
PaulyHC
STREET BY STREET

Post by PaulyHC »

canon.docre wrote:
tylerp wrote:we should find the wildest mix of ideologies - vegan straightedge, homophobic frat bands, super sincere, anarcho, communist, conservative, bonkers dadaist, drunk punx, etc... and make them all play back to back sets one day!
*cough*last years hardcore fest*cough*
and THAT was a utopian dream....dont you REMEMBER scotty....??? ha
Text message from Troy "honest dude" Lemberg 07-07-2010

"hey do you have any pot for sale"

^^ verbatim
LAxPB
VIOLENCE AGAINST VIOLENCE

Post by LAxPB »

Bummed to be missing another VIHC fest this year. Makes me happy to see that people still would like to see Putrid Brew play. Unfortunately the likelyhood of us playing again in the future is very slim. With members living in different cities (I'm in London and Dustin is in Seattle) and most other of our members being banned from the fest due to questionable activity from last year, its not looking good.

I'm coming home for a quick visit for Rain Fest, so if any one is coming down for that, ill see you there.
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Are you guys actually banned or is the band you are in that barely plays anywhere these days not get invited back this year?
I wanna formally invite Horizons back, just so I can stop reading about how youre "banned from the island"
Zenon said shit one year that got people a lot more heated and he played the next 3 fests.
PaulyHC
STREET BY STREET

Post by PaulyHC »

well, speaking for the VIHC Society - we cannot "ban" anyone, or stop anyone from coming to the island. I think this issue has gotten convoluted over time and everyone just takes up that assumption. I'm flattered anyone would think we, as a group of individuals, could "BAN" any band, what we can do is choose to book said band, or not. this in no way hinders any OTHER promotion group, individual etc from booking said band, and promoting it on the island. I promise we wont show up at the ferry terminal and hold hands blocking the way of the van as it enters onto victoria soil.
Text message from Troy "honest dude" Lemberg 07-07-2010

"hey do you have any pot for sale"

^^ verbatim
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

ratwheel 4 life
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

i too would like a ratwheel/
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

PaulyHC wrote:well, speaking for the VIHC Society - we cannot "ban" anyone, or stop anyone from coming to the island. I think this issue has gotten convoluted over time and everyone just takes up that assumption. I'm flattered anyone would think we, as a group of individuals, could "BAN" any band, what we can do is choose to book said band, or not. this in no way hinders any OTHER promotion group, individual etc from booking said band, and promoting it on the island. I promise we wont show up at the ferry terminal and hold hands blocking the way of the van as it enters onto victoria soil.

QFT
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Rude Boy Puff wrote: Zenon said shit one year that got people a lot more heated and he played the next 3 fests.
Also, this.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

Who the fuck is Zenon?
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:Who the fuck is Zenon?

Guitar player from Set Foot/A Crows Glory/Xenocide.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

Hollow wrote:
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Who the fuck is Zenon?

Guitar player from Set Foot/A Crows Glory/Xenocide.
zenon is in xenocide??

Edit* yep he is, on bass though. when I saw meshuggah in vancouver recently, I walked past the tom lee music store and some of the member of xenocide were playing outside, including zenon, who I did not recognize.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Xenocide is tight.