Torrent sites?

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Torrent sites?

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

Where should I go for music torrents? Typing "[band i want to listen to] mediafire" into google doesn't really work anymore.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Re: Torrent sites?

Post by grind/bro »

pirate bay? although it's hard to find more "underground" stuff on there.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
canon.docre
Grey Metal

Post by canon.docre »

just go back to using soulseek. fill the wishlist up with bands/albums you want, leave your computer on overnight, the next morning you should come back to search results for literally everything you put in your wishlist. its a rare time I can't find something via the wishlist in that program, and at times I'm tracking down fairly new/unknown stuff that just gets repped in "check this shit out" type posts on messageboards I frequent.
PaulyHC
STREET BY STREET

Post by PaulyHC »

i use a private tracker, Demonoid.me and i can send you an invite.

they dont have everything i look for, but they have alot. and generally most tv/movies/ etc are all up there in nice quality rips
Text message from Troy "honest dude" Lemberg 07-07-2010

"hey do you have any pot for sale"

^^ verbatim
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

have people started using soulseek again? i used it back before blogs took over but it started to slow down i noticed so i left it as well
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

canon.docre wrote:just go back to using soulseek. fill the wishlist up with bands/albums you want, leave your computer on overnight, the next morning you should come back to search results for literally everything you put in your wishlist. its a rare time I can't find something via the wishlist in that program, and at times I'm tracking down fairly new/unknown stuff that just gets repped in "check this shit out" type posts on messageboards I frequent.
I have a mac though. I did download a program called iSoul that apparently connected to the soulseek network, but every time I've tried to use it I just get a message about how i don't have the proper port range or some shit and I need to configure my router, but I don't know how to do that.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

there used to be another soulseek alternative for the mac, i cant remember what the name was so you might have to do some googling but i know there are options. i just have never heard of that particular one
Brydon
VIHC Poster

Post by Brydon »

Limewire.
Corrence
VIHC Poster

Post by Corrence »

re: soulseek

The SLSK team put out SoulseekQT a while ago, which has support for windows/linux/osx, you can dl it at http://www.slsknet.org I still use it now and it's pretty good.

As for how to open ports on your router: http://portforward.com/

Follow the guide for your router make/model and pick a port to use for soulseekQT. After that you're rollin.
Former brute; present beast
absorb
VIHC Poster

Post by absorb »

Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

absorb wrote:steal from HMV
I support this.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
cadaver
just looking to meet up with likeminded users who are into eating human flesh

Post by cadaver »

Human-Demise wrote:
absorb wrote:steal from HMV
I support this.
nothing there worth stealing.
franks is hippies
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

you'd be surprised how many bands you've probably seen that are in the punk or metal sections at hmv. I was consistently surprised at the amount of "whoa, this is here?" kind of stuff. always ridiculously expensive though. I think some medium-small labels use distributors that get the stuff to large retailers but the cost is such that it ends up doubling (or more) in price and most of that doesn't even go to the label or band. and I think that justifies the "steal it" suggestion. some I remember seeing... grave maker, down to nothing, madball, lots of revelation stuff. madball isn't really that surprising I guess. I have a bad memory but I know there were some oddballs in there.

I remember that mark m worked at cd plus and used to just order in hardcore stuff that was in the distribution database, just to have it on the shelves. it was funny.

disclaimer: everything above is a combination of reading message boards and a foggy memory and could be totally wrong.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

tylerp wrote:I remember that mark m worked at cd plus and used to just order in hardcore stuff that was in the distribution database, just to have it on the shelves. it was funny.
i worked there and did the same thing ha