VIHC FEST band by band review

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

VIHC FEST band by band review

Post by Human-Demise »

what ever I loved doing this the last two times.

DAY 1.
Bungus: I'm in that band, but that said, other than losing my breath during the siege cover, I was very happy with our set.
SOY: soy will forever be the best. old dudes still kicking the ass of every kid out there.
Blood Nasty: bloody nasty has gotten really good, really tight, way faster.
Write Off: BUBBA. need I say more hahah. yes. ok. this band destroys, so fucking good.
Narrow View: Best narrow view set Ive ever seen, also vile style cover.
Burning ghats. Fucking Intense dude.

DAY 2.
Walkout:s econd walkout set I've seen, and theyve gotten even better in like the week or two since I last saw them. Sweet new band.
Lovers: this band has gotten Really good, I was very impressed.
Villians: Not really my cup of tea, but theyve improved.
Measureless: this band has gotten scary good, so damn tight its like clock work.
Set to go: way more hardcore sounding than how they sounded on recording.
ERODE: tacoma destruction. love this band. cool dudes.

DAY 3.
Carefull hands: acoustic isnt really my bag man, but it was ok.
Gastric acid: sounds way better than that album they have online.
JELLYBOYZ: SUPER FUN. and the reason my dad came to the show that day.
Hundy thou: Fucking tight as usual.
AK 47: I wasnt really sure what to expect since my friend Rob left the band, very glad that they are still great and maybe even a little faster?
GSTS: HOLY SHIT. that set was fucking nuts. even dad liked it, and he can be hard to please.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Re: VIHC FEST band by band review

Post by grind/bro »

DAY 1.
Bungus: Was fast.
SOY: Was heavy
Blood Nasty: Went to get food, sorry Jeff u still rule.
Write Off: Best band on the fest easily.
Narrow View: I dug it.
Burning Ghats: Was pretty cool.

DAY 2.
Walkout: Missed them :(
Lovers: Wuv u Colin wuv u Brad
Villians: Band was strong, vocals were a bit confusing
Measureless: Second guitar player fills out amazingly. Really good set.
Set to go: Was ok.
ERODE: Not a fan but hey that's just me!

DAY 3.
Carefull hands: Missed it.
Gastric acid: Missed it
JELLYBOYZ: Cutest band at the fest. Good times
Hundy thou: Write Off and Hundy Thou were my favourite of the fest. Easily.
AK 47: Awesome as always.
GSTS: WUV U DREW WUV U REUBEN WUV U SINGER I THINK UR NAME IS CALEB(?!?) DRUMMR U KEW 2

WISH WATCHER PLAYED BUT HAY THAAAAATS MY LIFE. Yeah and where the fuck was WITHDRAWL and DAMAGES and any of the bands that played GHOST THROATS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!??!?!? NEXT YEAR GUYS HINT HINT BUT MAD LUV 2 EB/TROY/PAULY HXC/ETC...
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

DAY 1
Bungus: one of the bands i was most excited to see and they definitely delivered. i thought some songs stood out more than others, the second song (i think?) after jordan picked up da bass in particular slayed, it had a great buildup. it was sweet seeing a new grind band with all young kids play as hard as you guys and i'm looking forward to hearing how you progress.
SOY: van isle forfathers of grind following up the new school was a really sweet contrast
Blood Nasty: calzone break, sorry :(
Write Off: i was really impressed by how tight they were live compared to the demo, another new band i'm stoked to hear more of.
Narrow View: this was tight, that in stride cover was bonkers. mgm is a vocalizing machine
Burning ghats: i'm not the hugest burning ghats fan but it was sweet to see those guys just bring it

DAY 2.
Walkout: we fucked up the afi cover pretty bad but overall we're all really happy with our set
Lovers: i like the way the guitar tone cut through the bass but i think there is potential for a more ambitious riffs and whatnot. that being said they were sweet and really spiced up saturday for me
Villians: calzone break :( i heard kids went off doe
Measureless: too good, i know one of their guitar players knows the riff for fat lip but they still haven't fucking played it?
Set to go: this set was just nutter, it was great seeing them after such a long time. they seem to be getting even tighter and i just got stupid when they played frission
ERODE: it's really sick when a great hardcore band with crossover appeal go so out of the way to jock great music. strain and trial namedropping mid-set? a good riddance cover? panic records distro? i wish i could've seen something like this when i was younger. questionable support of ignorant mosh (face punching) but w/e that's a whole other discussion that's probably been done to death somewhere on here

DAY 3.
Carefull hands: late, but i caught a killer chad van gallen cover
Gastric acid: pleasant surprise, their recordings don't do them justice and the reagan youth cover is in my top 5 of the fest (coming l8tr)
JELLYBOYZ:
Hundy thou: i was not expecting a legit turn table set up, they killed it
AK 47: left handed bassist playing a right handed bass? too dope. what was the last song they played??? it was so sick
GSTS: drew acted like a wiener for awhile but they played really well as usual because they are good musicians. plus the covers were A+

TOP 5 COVERS
5. bungus-conform (siege)
apparently they learnt it that very day? good job guyz. a nice kick off for the somersaults that have bruised my kidney
4. narrow view-backside disaster (in stride)
tight cover, and now the in stride cover ice has been broken and walkout can play "you can forget me"
3. gastric acid-usa (reagan youth)
i don't want (your word filters suck) to sound like a negative nancy but i just wasn't too hyped on gastric acid and when they said they would cover an 80's band not many people listened to i thought they may cover dayglo abortions and then they made me feel like the most shallow asshole by killing this.
2. jelly boyz-josie (blink)
it was nice circle pitting to josie without feeling like i'd compromised my morals later on
1.gsts-dammit (blink)
dur
gonna do some coke off my doom cannon if you get my drift
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

grind/bro wrote: Yeah and where the fuck was WITHDRAWL and DAMAGES and any of the bands that played GHOST THROATS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!??!?!?
Damages wuddn't asked to play. Sowwy.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

hundy thou have gotten really good over the last year. they have a new EP you guys should go find on bandcamp, its awesome and im glad they have a new set to play as ive been seeing the old demo played for like the last 3 years ha
PaulyHC
STREET BY STREET

Post by PaulyHC »

AK 47: left handed bassist playing a right handed bass? too dope. what was the last song they played??? it was so sick
The last song they played, i think, was "every fucking note" ...fuck i love that band
Damages wuddn't asked to play. Sowwy.
Really? you guys were definitely on the EARLY call-out list, balls were dropped apparently :evil:
Text message from Troy "honest dude" Lemberg 07-07-2010

"hey do you have any pot for sale"

^^ verbatim
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

DAY 1.
Bungus: Good start to the fest. Nice cover and that one song with the bass player was super tight.
SOY: The drummer's kit was weird. They ruled
Blood Nasty: I back the inverted Canadian flag
Write Off: Better than the recordings. Nice cover
Narrow View: Tons of fun. But MGM is always a good time so what did you expect
Burning ghats: INTENSE

DAY 2.
Walkout: Thought we played pretty well.
Lovers: They were okay. Not too into them though
Villians: not my thing but w/e kids we having fun.
Measureless: Really great. Lots of energy and stuff
Set to go: The best
ERODE: I had more fun last year. w/e

DAY 3.
Carefull hands: Pretty swell. Nice way to start the day
Gastric acid: Played faster than the recordings which make any punk band 100x better. Reagan Youth cover as well!!!
JELLYBOYZ: We had fun.
Hundy thou: Surprised how much I enjoyed this
AK 47: Amazing.
GSTS: not too bad. They played some old songs which ruled hard

Best weekend I've had in a while. Thetis? lake was awesome.

-Darren
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins