When will Tyler put a bullet in this board?

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

When will this forum corpse out?

tomorrow
No votes
next week
No votes
3 months from now
13%
a year
No votes
never
13%
alexis page
75%

Total votes: 8

grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

When will Tyler put a bullet in this board?

Post by grind/bro »

It seems like this board is a ghost town, at some point I imagine it will die like many that have come before it....when do you wager it will die??
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Re: When will Tyler put a bullet in this board?

Post by Human-Demise »

I think last time you and me talked about the board we both said he should just kill it instead of letting it die slowly.

come on tyler, we should atleast let it die with dignity.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

I enjoy reading through some of the good threads from when it was alive.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

It is an interesting situation.

Things have always kind of been in a constant state of flux. I remember Brian's site, I used to check it a lot, and how Livevictoria was the main source for shows. I remember when we all moved to that Myspace board. And then this place was really kicking for a while. Shows are primarily spread through Facebook now. It's sort of too bad because it doesn't really allow for the same sort of community. Facebook hasn't implemented a very good message board system to the same degree as this. The Vancouver Island Hardcore group is a cool idea but doesn't really serve a replacement purpose.

So what now? I have this domain and even though I'm moving to Vanderhoof, I'm down for whatever people think is appropriate.

The ultimate solution would be something that people want to use. Message boards like this are sort of a relic of the past. They aren't really easy to post on from a phone and they aren't as easy to use as other modern interfaces. Even subreddits are sort of smarter since they rely on the whole upvote/downvote thing to filter things better.

I sort of have a feeling that Facebook will ultimately continue to take over, as it has. There isn't really a lot of group/community interaction online there in the same manner, and that's what bugs me about it, but it is pretty good for events (provided you know the people throwing the events, sort of alienating kids and stuff).

Like I said, I'm down to turn this site into anything, even if it's just a Facebook event url dumping ground. I just don't know what should happen.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

keep the site
murder the board
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
deathindustrial
VIHC Poster

Post by deathindustrial »

If it ain't a cost burden, why kill it? Many things are cyclical. . .all it takes is for a few cool events to get shut down prematurely because they were organized via Policebook and kids will start looking elsewhere.

Tapes came back, I would expect forums will too at some point.

=)

Cheers
--
http://industrial.org
http://deterrent.net
http://codegrunt.com
Whomever dies with the most URLs wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

When I have a computer again full time I intend to be back to posting on here regardless of the number of people who check it.

As tyler stated it is just annoying to post on here via mobile which is my only means at the moment.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.