Movies I am watching....

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

FANTASTIC WOUND
VIHC Poster

Re: Movies I am watching....

Post by FANTASTIC WOUND »

dalamar501 wrote:
Is this a legitamate movie? Tommy Wiseau "directed" an episode of Tim and Eric Awesome Show that was pretty hilarious, and they said The Room was one of their favourite movies. I've never seen it, and from looking it up, I can't tell if it's supposed to be taken seriously.
THREAD-KILLER
zac
VIHC Poster

Post by zac »

I haven't seen it, but from what I've gathered Wiseau is completely motherfucking deadpan about it, thinks it's his opus, which is a large portion of what makes this hilarious. It may or may not be a publicity stunt, but I believe that this man is 100% behind his creation being a serious drama.

As for T&E, they've often employed strange people and not told them they make a comedy show, act sympathetic to their work, etc.
FANTASTIC WOUND
VIHC Poster

Post by FANTASTIC WOUND »

zac wrote:I haven't seen it, but from what I've gathered Wiseau is completely motherfucking deadpan about it, thinks it's his opus, which is a large portion of what makes this hilarious. It may or may not be a publicity stunt, but I believe that this man is 100% behind his creation being a serious drama.

As for T&E, they've often employed strange people and not told them they make a comedy show, act sympathetic to their work, etc.
No no. Tommy was very much in on it. Have you see the 'sode? It's quite hilarious. Like, he makes fun of himself and any pretentious director, which is why I'm so confused. From that episode, it seems he's not overly serious about himself or his works/reputation.
THREAD-KILLER
Mikey
VIHC Poster

Post by Mikey »

I just watched (and purchased) Hard Core Logo after having not seen it for like 4-5 years. I have to say it is a solid contender for my favorite movie of all time.
Also just saw Angels and Demons, I dug it. Never read the book so I couldn't make comparisons but it was a fun movie.
Joe Strummer: The Future Is Unwritten is also something I watch every once and a while. Recommended.

Oh, and Search For Spock, IT IS BETTER THAN WRATH OF KHAN OK?
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Mikey wrote: Oh, and Search For Spock, IT IS BETTER THAN WRATH OF KHAN OK?

WRONGWRONGWRONGWRONGWRONGWRONGWRONG

Khan is the best Star Trek movie ever made, followed closely by First Contact. DO NOT FUCK WITH ME ON THIS, I WILL DESTROY YOU.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Mikey
VIHC Poster

Post by Mikey »

lemme break it down. what does khan have? spock dies. that was sad true.

HOWEVER, SFS has not only Spock being reborn as a child, but Kirk's son dies! That is like twice the emotional impact of the previous film. Also it goes Search For Spock, Khan, the one with the whales. Nobody can deny the one about saving the whales was awesome.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Mikey wrote:lemme break it down. what does khan have? spock dies. that was sad true.

HOWEVER, SFS has not only Spock being reborn as a child, but Kirk's son dies! That is like twice the emotional impact of the previous film. Also it goes Search For Spock, Khan, the one with the whales. Nobody can deny the one about saving the whales was hella super duper.

Jesus, how did you survive past infancy? Okay N00B-dawg, lemme break it down for YOU.

Khan was better written, had Ricardo Montalban, and Spock doesn't just die, he dies SAVING THE ENTIRE CREW. Best Star Trek movie ever. SFS was pretty rad since Spock ends up getting laid for his troubles, but honestly I think we were all pretty stoked when Kirk's kid kicked it. Fuck that little bastard. Oh, and who played the bad guy in SFS? Fucking Christopher Lloyd. Doc Brown isn't terrifying.

Voyage Home was okay, but I mean c'mon...It's no First Contact.

Also, when are you coming to a show again? HUH? HUUUUUUUUUUH?
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Mikey
VIHC Poster

Post by Mikey »

Hollow wrote:
Mikey wrote:lemme break it down. what does khan have? spock dies. that was sad true.

HOWEVER, SFS has not only Spock being reborn as a child, but Kirk's son dies! That is like twice the emotional impact of the previous film. Also it goes Search For Spock, Khan, the one with the whales. Nobody can deny the one about saving the whales was hella super duper.

Jesus, how did you survive past infancy? Okay N00B-dawg, lemme break it down for YOU.

Khan was better written, had some old guy, and Spock doesn't just die, he dies EATING A CHEESE BURGER. Most OK Star Trek movie ever. SFS was pretty rad since Spock ends up getting laid for his troubles, but honestly I think we were all pretty depressed when Kirk's kid kicked it. FUCK ROMULANS. Oh, and who played the bad guy in SFS? Fucking Christopher Lloyd. Doc Brown is not to be trifled with!

Voyage Home was okay, but I mean c'mon...jodi foster was good in Contact.

Slingshot! I'm hella super duper looking forward to it. EDIT THAT PHRASE MR. PANTELLA!
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Mikey wrote:
Hollow wrote:

Khan was better written, had some old guy, and Spock doesn't just die, he dies EATING A CHEESE BURGER. Most OK Star Trek movie ever. SFS was pretty rad since Spock ends up getting laid for his troubles, but honestly I think we were all pretty depressed when Kirk's kid kicked it. FUCK ROMULANS. Oh, and who played the bad guy in SFS? Fucking Christopher Lloyd. Doc Brown is not to be trifled with!

Voyage Home was okay, but I mean c'mon...jodi foster was good in Contact.

Slingshot! I'm hella super duper looking forward to it. EDIT THAT PHRASE MR. PANTELLA!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHADIE.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Despite my past troll post, I just watched Lars Von Trier's ANTICHRIST tonight. I really enjoyed it. It's very visceral, raw, and possibly "shocking". Not to add any spoilers, but don't watch this movie if you can't handle the concept of genital mutilation. Some people might view that piece of the movie as trying to go over the top to the point of Saw/Hostel/next-OMG-horror-for-10-year-olds-crap, but it is nothing but extremely effective symbolism. Willem Dafoe and Charlotte Gainsbourg are on point, and willfully pull off their roles almost naturally. I haven't been that jarred from a movie in ages. I've never felt that alienated, and provoked. Top five material for this year for sure.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

It looks really intriguing, and Willem Dafoe is my favorite actor of all time, so, hopefully I'll check it out, but I am a huge pussy, so... Did you download it, or?
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

I'm gonna watch Public Enemies tonight (note: it comes out on Tuesday, so anyone who has an account at my work and wants a copy, call today and reserve it) and I'm actually really looking forward to it. Joe once described Michael Mann as someone who "directs action movies that obey the laws of physics" and I have to agree with him. The mix of film/clean digital/dirty digital that he's been using his past few films has been really damn interesting, although he's yet to perfect it. Plus, I think that Christian Bale is one of the most talented action actors to come along in a while. The guy will never be good enough to win an Oscar, but he can play Batman or a ruthless FBI agent with equal aplomb and believability.

Nick, hadn't even heard of this film, but it sounds wicked. Gonna have to check it out.

ALSO, watched Miss March last night. It's written and stars two of the Whitest Kids U Know. I laughed my ass off, but I'm betting I wouldn't find it funny the second time. It's pretty shock-value funny, and dumb as fuck, but Jesus Christ if I didn't laugh until I was sick.
graveyardstomp
Probably not a spambot

Post by graveyardstomp »

tonight...i am watching jingle all the way.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

graveyardstomp wrote:tonight...i am watching jingle all the way.

What, no Christmas Story? Bob Clark directed that...A CANADIAN. You un-patriotic fuck.

If I had a picture of a crying beaver right now....ooooohh....

In all seriousness though, Black Christmas is the most legit Christmas movie ever. Invented the Slasher genre, directed by the same Bob Clark, completely Canadian, and had a young man named John Carpenter interning on the set. When Clark got offered the Christmas Story job, and decided not to do a Black Christmas sequel, Carpenter asked him what he WOULD have done. Clark shrugged said, "Eh, I dunno, probably had the killer return on a different holiday. Called it Halloween or something."

THERE. YOU'RE WELCOME AMERICA.
graveyardstomp
Probably not a spambot

Post by graveyardstomp »

i'm just getting warmed up. obviously i am saving myself for the annual christmas story marathon so i can watch it 18 times in a row
graveyardstomp
Probably not a spambot

Post by graveyardstomp »

Hollow wrote: In all seriousness though, Black Christmas is the most legit Christmas movie ever. Invented the Slasher genre, directed by the same Bob Clark, completely Canadian, and had a young man named John Carpenter interning on the set. When Clark got offered the Christmas Story job, and decided not to do a Black Christmas sequel, Carpenter asked him what he WOULD have done. Clark shrugged said, "Eh, I dunno, probably had the killer return on a different holiday. Called it Halloween or something."

THERE. YOU'RE WELCOME AMERICA.
ha!
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

Tambro wrote:It looks really intriguing, and Willem Dafoe is my favorite actor of all time, so, hopefully I'll check it out, but I am a huge pussy, so... Did you download it, or?
Yeah google the torrent, it seeded SUPER fast.

Today, tonight or tomorrow, whenever, I'm going to watch Moon. I'm not the biggest Sam Rockwell fan so it will be interesting.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Watched Inglorious Bastards yesterday.
grind/bro

Post by grind/bro »

Andrew wrote:Watched Inglorious Bastards yesterday.
Whatd you think? I thought it was pretty good. Not Tarantinos best by any shot.
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

grind/bro wrote:Despite my past troll post, I just watched Lars Von Trier's ANTICHRIST tonight. I really enjoyed it. It's very visceral, raw, and possibly "shocking". Not to add any spoilers, but don't watch this movie if you can't handle the concept of genital mutilation. Some people might view that piece of the movie as trying to go over the top to the point of Saw/Hostel/next-OMG-horror-for-10-year-olds-crap, but it is nothing but extremely effective symbolism. Willem Dafoe and Charlotte Gainsbourg are on point, and willfully pull off their roles almost naturally. I haven't been that jarred from a movie in ages. I've never felt that alienated, and provoked. Top five material for this year for sure.

Fuck i want to see it. I really enjoy some of Trier's other stuff.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.