Fitness/Exercise Thread

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

ebony
VIHC Poster

Re: Fitness/Exercise Thread

Post by ebony »

im bringing this thread back to life because im joining the Y on tuesday. other people should too!
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

VIHC HEALTH DRIVE
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

I know a million people who go to the Y. I keep considering it...
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

come on tambo! its cheap and huge.
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

i ride a bike and i lift things for a job
thats gooood enough for me

flexflexflexflexflexflexflexflexflexflexflexv
xchadx
notable fraudster/loser nerd/homophobe

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
Brydon
VIHC Poster

Post by Brydon »

Bump it up to pump it up! VIHC LATE-NIGHT SWIMMING CREW!
evan
VIHC Poster

Post by evan »

Working out is too boring for me, and I don't realy see the point. You muscles adapnt to the work you're doing. Working out just tricks them into thinking you have to do a lot of heavy lifting to survive in your habitat. Then you have to buy more food to maintain your muscle mass, which means you have to work more, cook more.

Spending days of to be able to lift heavy thing just isn't worth it to me.
I'm moving to Vic in September. PM me if you're looking for a room mate.
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

i run/jog/walk (depending on how cold it is. colder = slower) up this giant hill near my house 3 - 6 times then walk up the hill again, turn right and jog until i get to another (steeper! D:)hill on the other side of my house and walk down (DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO WALK DOWN A HILL AFTER STRENUOUS MUSCLE USE?) and then once i get home i do stupid yoga abdominal exercises and squats.
also i walk/bike everywhere when i can.
mainly because i was poor.

also doing things outside is good motivation because it's too embarrassing to sit on a bench when you are tired and want to give up so i just keep going hahahahaha
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

ghostthroats wrote:i run/jog/walk (depending on how cold it is. colder = slower) up this giant hill near my house 3 - 6 times then walk up the hill again, turn right and jog until i get to another (steeper! D:)hill on the other side of my house and walk down (DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO WALK DOWN A HILL AFTER STRENUOUS MUSCLE USE?) and then once i get home i do stupid yoga abdominal exercises and squats.

also doing things outside is good motivation because it's too embarrassing to sit on a bench when you are tired and want to give up so i just keep going hahahahaha
It is good to walk back down these hills. Jogging/running downhill is hard on your legs.
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

Andrew wrote:
ghostthroats wrote:i run/jog/walk (depending on how cold it is. colder = slower) up this giant hill near my house 3 - 6 times then walk up the hill again, turn right and jog until i get to another (steeper! D:)hill on the other side of my house and walk down (DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO WALK DOWN A HILL AFTER STRENUOUS MUSCLE USE?) and then once i get home i do stupid yoga abdominal exercises and squats.

It is good to walk back down these hills. Jogging/running downhill is hard on your legs.
the hills are so steep that if you were do do anything but walk you wouldn't be able to stop and end up flinging yourself onto pavement or into a car or prickle bush.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

yo thread!

I got into running in the mornings on a regular basis for a bit. I fell out of it for a while (haven't been getting up as early) but I should do it again, it feels awesome. if anyone in the downtown area wants to go running, my course was roughly value village to spinnakers (along the vic west shore path) back to value village over about thirty minutes, with the spots between VV and johnson st bridge basically being the warmup/cool-down. not too strenuous, but I'd usually mix up the pace between days with some being sprint/walk and some being steady run. maybe it'd be fun to have company. I liked to do it before it got light out so that the sunrise was starting just as I got back home.

I am not too into the gym atmosphere because I am nervous around all the people and an intimidated scaredy-cat who knows way too many judgmental gym regulars.

van isle swim crew was a real thing with a logo once, I think bryan and andrea and some of them used to do it? I like to go to oak bay for late swims with becky, but more on a casual/fun level rather than doing laps with fitness as a main goal. I might be into this swim crew thing. I just like hot tub hangs and splashing around and rotating between hot tub / pool / sauna / wading pool... until it gets boring.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

I'd go for a casual swim, I used to be crazy about swiming.

I've been going on long walks lately, I was getting into it a while ago then I caught that cold that was going around, but I'm getting back into it. I like the feeling afterword but fuck its boroing.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

only lake/ocean/river swimming is real fuck pools. Except my grandma's cuz she gives us soda
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

get your asses up to lc in the summer and we\ll jump off the car bridge and float down the river like young lively folk.
grungePIG
VIHC Poster

Post by grungePIG »

i love swimming but i can't deal with oak bay late nights. too many people. i can't see shit without my glasses and last time i went i thought a basketball was a guy getting in my way for a solid five minutes. i can only swim laps in relatively empty pools or i get stressed out.

i've never really liked going to the gym, but i ride my bike everyday and i live at the top of fort street so i feel like that hill is enough exercise for me.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

Is it weird I wear my glasses swimming?
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
grungePIG
VIHC Poster

Post by grungePIG »

i do sometimes (always when fucking around in lakes and such) but if i want to swim laps they get in the way.
stupid bad vision.
Brydon
VIHC Poster

Post by Brydon »

Man, FORGET swimming laps! Splashing around and slides and hot tubs and saunas forever!
ghostthroats
VIHC Poster

Post by ghostthroats »

Brydon wrote:Man, FORGET swimming laps! Splashing around and slides and hot tubs and saunas forever!
qft