VIHC FEST VI

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Re: VIHC FEST VI

Post by KYLESTYLE »

We could replace all alcoholic beverages with Smirnoff Ice.
VIVA like
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

Andrew wrote:
KYLESTYLE wrote:I propose Vancouver Island be changed to Pussy Island and VIHC be changed to PIHC. Anyone second this motion?
From a marketing standpoint this is genius. A place called Pussy Island would be the mecca of frosh bro spring break.
anyone else smell fundraising opportunities?
gonna do some coke off my doom cannon if you get my drift
Mikey
VIHC Poster

Post by Mikey »

Stop trying to turn the fest into Jersey Shore! Unless JWOWW comes. Then it's ok
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Mikey wrote:Stop trying to turn the fest into Jersey Shore! Unless JWOWW comes. Then it's ok
Hahah she'd kick the shit out of people.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

my photos got progressively worse and worse as the days went on and the beers went through me
aw well
http://www.flickr.com/photos/letsgetrad/

Ron Burgundy
VIHC Poster

Post by Ron Burgundy »

There's no point getting in depth about it on a messageboard, but the Young Oppression thing is getting blown a little too one sided here. It was a dick move on their part to call it a shitty fest and make fun of a band whose gear they were usiing, but that couldn't have been too much of a suprise(16 year old punks playing a festival that is primarily mosh hardcore and pop-punk, I saw it coming). Not saying that it excuses it, but it makes sense. Also I don't think you guys handled it as well as it seems to come off here. singling out a couple of 15 year old kids, and then leaving when anyone over the age of 18 comes around just seems more like bullying to me. They deserved a talking to definatley, but not to be shit on(which i know they did to the fest, so I guess that's a judgement call.) Ebony apologized for it after and they weren't pissed about it, they knew it was a fuck up. If i were in your shoes I definatley wouldn't do another show for them, but when they come around again I'm going to get a show going for it, feel free not to come.
SewnFlesh
VIHC Poster

Post by SewnFlesh »

its funny how the old adage "all press is good press" holds more than true in this case.. I wasn't there but it sounds like this band is getting waaay more mention than they deserve.

Sounds about on par for 15 year old crusties to me.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

officespace wrote:but if you cant borrow gear how will All For The Best ever get to play the Fest?
All For The Best Unplugged.
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Ron Burgundy wrote:There's no point getting in depth about it on a messageboard, but the Young Oppression thing is getting blown a little too one sided here. It was a dick move on their part to call it a shitty fest and make fun of a band whose gear they were usiing, but that couldn't have been too much of a suprise(16 year old punks playing a festival that is primarily mosh hardcore and pop-punk, I saw it coming). Not saying that it excuses it, but it makes sense. Also I don't think you guys handled it as well as it seems to come off here. singling out a couple of 15 year old kids, and then leaving when anyone over the age of 18 comes around just seems more like bullying to me. They deserved a talking to definatley, but not to be shit on(which i know they did to the fest, so I guess that's a judgement call.) Ebony apologized for it after and they weren't pissed about it, they knew it was a fuck up. If i were in your shoes I definatley wouldn't do another show for them, but when they come around again I'm going to get a show going for it, feel free not to come.

PM'd
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Hollow wrote:PM'd
I hope this isn't getting uglier. :?

It's cool to disagree about YO without having it cause any turbulence between people in the VI scene. Invite the YO guys to respond here if you feel it's one sided. No harm in trying to clear the air.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Andrew wrote:
Hollow wrote:PM'd
I hope this isn't getting uglier. :?

It's cool to disagree about YO without having it cause any turbulence between people in the VI scene. Invite the YO guys to respond here if you feel it's one sided. No harm in trying to clear the air.

No, it's not getting uglier. I don't like to have huge message board drama, but I fully disagreed with what Mike said earlier and sent him a note telling him so. I've found that keeping shit like this private for the most part is better, simply because there is less of a chance that anyone will be embarrassed or shit will get out of hand. I dunno. Maybe I'm wrong but I hope not.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

I agree with you about not needing message board drama (and I think Mike does too). I like to have things stay open to board discussion if it seems like there's a positive way to talk about things, but if arguing needs to happen that doesn't have to air in public.

Of course this has nothing to do with me, but I hope you cool dudes can agree to disagree.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Andrew wrote:I agree with you about not needing message board drama (and I think Mike does too). I like to have things stay open to board discussion if it seems like there's a positive way to talk about things, but if arguing needs to happen that doesn't have to air in public.

Of course this has nothing to do with me, but I hope you cool dudes can agree to disagree.

Oh, absolutely. I sent a message to Mike immediately afterward letting him know that I'm not attempting to browbeat him into agreeing with me. This is just something I feel needs to be kept private.

If Mike disagrees and feels this should be made public, I absolutely will.
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

If dudes dont post here then how can it be anything but one sided.
I think the only reason its being talked about is because so many of us werent there to see it.
Its not like its a call for blood or anything
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

A CALL FOR BLOOD
FOR WHAT YOUVE DONE
NO TOLERAAAAANCE
surrey central

Post by surrey central »

i heard that puffin guy moshes like a real ass hole
identitytheft

Post by identitytheft »

I have some photos of late Sunday night if anyone is interested.

Mostly Shooks, with a couple of Slingshot photos too.

They are at http://www.flickr.com/tomasmurr
In my August Set.

Although you have to navigate around other photos, sorry about that.

Hope you enjoy.

Tomas.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

flickr is a little annoying to navigate but i wish more poeple would use that rather than facebook albums (shiver)
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

Andrew wrote:
KYLESTYLE wrote:I propose Vancouver Island be changed to Pussy Island and VIHC be changed to PIHC. Anyone second this motion?
From a marketing standpoint this is genius. A place called Pussy Island would be the mecca of frosh bro spring break.
if you call this pussy island, then people will get the wrong idea, and more and more sausage will flock to it. i really wont complain if thats the case. but dont you guys want more chicks around?
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

victoria has more women than men, so pussy island isnt that unrealistic of a name...
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh