Anyone notice how B.C. breeds inept music?

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Anyone notice how B.C. breeds inept music?

Post by grind/bro »

http://www.myspace.com/thetriadinblood
This band is called "Ninjaspy". I am convinced only in B.C. can we have shitty ska-core/rap metal thrive somehow. Listen to their "first song" HEY ITS RANDY FROM LAMB OF GOD BE IMPRESSED, AND SOME WASHED UP NUMETAL DUDE FROM STATIC-X I'M SOLD

Another golden jem is FUNK VIGILANTE. All you really need to do is watch this video and be totally 100% convinced an ex-president from the United States is being indicted by a group of stoners from Canada on being the "worst president ever".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JHbFQqS ... r_embedded

Seriously. I'm not sure why we have a pocket of this type of music at all still. Post more imbarrassing B.C. bands (bonus points for starting a flame war with them over the internet)
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Re: Anyone notice how B.C. breeds inept music?

Post by keith. »

chill out, bro
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Oh man, I'm seriously into this. When i get home from school tonight, it's on.

ITS ON.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

I was actually quite offended when Funk Vigillante was the Zone's band of the month. Not that I expect much more from the Zone, but still. And honestly, it's not just B.C. but all of Canada somehow manages to produce some of the most terrible and uninspired music imaginable. We have some really fucking amazing undergorund punk and metal bands, but there's also a shit ton of embaressing funk metal and boring indi rock.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

my vote is for TheSet
i know a lot of friends who say they are good guys and all that when ever i trash this band but fuck, i dont care if they are sweet doods their music makes me wanna fucking hide away and die. i saw them too many times because them and kincaide were the only vic bands that would come up to nanaimo and play with our bands. FFFFFFUUUU-
mike
Probably not a spambot

Post by mike »

What the hell's wrong with people? Funk Vigilante is lame, but not surprisingly so. Ninjaspy though, I never thought i'd hear a band worse than rise against or protest the hero. I guess I was wrong, I guess I was wrong about a lot of things.
Sweet haircut, bro
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

keith. wrote:my vote is for TheSet
i know a lot of friends who say they are ridebikes guys and all that when ever i trash this band but fuck, i dont care if they are sweet doods their music makes me wanna fucking hide away and die. i saw them too many times because them and kincaide were the only vic bands that would come up to nanaimo and play with our bands. FFFFFFUUUU-
They don't really make music for grind-bros, it's true. However they're phenomenal musicians and can write popsongs efficiently. But hey this is all subjective now isn't it*?

*except for Funk Vigilante and Ninjaspy
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

flowery mic-stand.
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

I really like theset (musically). I got tricked into seeing funk vigilante one time. I left after one song.
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
Fish
VIHC Poster

Post by Fish »

I saw a few songs by Theset at warped tour.
and then I realized... I was at warped tour.
<x><
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

definitely not into The Set, but I will admit they can play their instruments. Just not my jams.
Victoria Straight Edge
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Fish wrote:I saw a few songs by Theset at warped tour.
I was at warp tour too
Nofx, streetlight manifesto, and gallows were awesome
I also watch 3oh!3 and wondered what the shit had happened to a concert i used to love going to
Fish
VIHC Poster

Post by Fish »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:
I was at warp tour too
Nofx, streetlight manifesto, and gallows were ridebikes
I also watch 3oh!3 and wondered what the shit had happened to a concert i used to love going to
Gallows just made my whole warped experience better. It was my first (and most likely my last) warped tour.
I watched one song by 3oh!3 before I ditched my friends. I couldn't stand there and listen to that.
<x><
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Fish wrote:
Rude Boy Puff wrote:
I was at warp tour too
Nofx, streetlight manifesto, and gallows were ridebikes
Gallows just made my whole warped experience better. It was my first (and most likely my last) warped tour.
I watched one song by 3oh!3 before I ditched my friends. I couldn't stand there and listen to that.

Perhaps you can explain that shit to me. I think i'm just too old. Is it a joke that teenagers are trying to play on us? Is that it? If not, why does this 3oh!3 garbage exist? Same with Brokencyde and other sundry projects.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

grind/bro wrote:http://www.myspace.com/thetriadinblood
This band is called "Ninjaspy". I am convinced only in B.C. can we have shitty ska-core/rap metal thrive somehow. Listen to their "first song" HEY ITS RANDY FROM LAMB OF GOD BE IMPRESSED, AND SOME WASHED UP NUMETAL DUDE FROM STATIC-X I'M SOLD

Another golden jem is FUNK VIGILANTE. All you really need to do is watch this video and be totally 100% convinced an ex-president from the United States is being indicted by a group of stoners from Canada on being the "worst president ever".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JHbFQqS ... r_embedded

Seriously. I'm not sure why we have a pocket of this type of music at all still. Post more imbarrassing B.C. bands (bonus points for starting a flame war with them over the internet)
BOTH of these bands have asked me for shows.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:I was actually quite offended when Funk Vigillante was the Zone's band of the month. Not that I expect much more from the Zone, but still. And honestly, it's not just B.C. but all of Canada somehow manages to produce some of the most terrible and uninspired music imaginable. We have some really fucking amazing undergorund punk and metal bands, but there's also a shit ton of embaressing funk metal and boring indi rock.
TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. In Windsor i went to see some of the showcase shows they had for the conference i was at. Some like band that every local was into was this weird ska / rage against the machine mix that WAS HORRIBLE. everyone was into it.. and i was like fuck Ontario
Hollow wrote:
Perhaps you can explain that shit to me. I think i'm just too old. Is it a joke that teenagers are trying to play on us? Is that it? If not, why does this 3oh!3 garbage exist? Same with Brokencyde and other sundry projects.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQVpITyOdc8
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

YOU NEVER SAID THIS WOULD BE EASY

someone start a crabcore band with me. I have keyboards.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

http://www.myspace.com/fakesharkrealzombie

This is my personal worst band in BC (right now).

And Zach's right, Canada=worst mainstream music.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

I do a lot of bashing of the States, but man their good music is REALLY good and their shitty music is usually at least really funny.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

Hollow wrote:http://www.myspace.com/fakesharkrealzombie

This is my personal worst band in BC (right now).

And Zach's right, Canada=worst mainstream music.

shit there are a few jams of theirs on their album that i have played on my radio show..
don't remember what they sound like right now though.. this when it first came out
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

whats that band, Anchors of something? Lion? Fuck anyways, that band hurt my ears.
Victoria Straight Edge