editing comments?

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

mike
Probably not a spambot

editing comments?

Post by mike »

why can't you put S.U.cks or L.ame without it changing to kites or whatever the fuck, is somebody toogling the posting option, editing people's posts on the internet to try and protect others is dangerous moral territory; it was one of factors that led to the american civil war. why can't you just post a hostile reply to any posts you don't like and ensue in a series of cyber threats like regular douchebags do on interweb messageboards?
tylerp
Site Admin

Re: editing comments?

Post by tylerp »

it's just a word filter and just for fun. you can still say fuck and shit and whatever you want, just common cliche compliments are turned to ride bikes and common insults are turned to fly kites. I can change this when it seriously pisses people off.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

could you change it so that whenever we want to actually type the word we could just put it in quotations and then word filter it to the appropriate word? keep that ridebikes/flykites retardation if you want but give me more options.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Sorry Tyler, that shit is seriously annoying me. Either come up with something funnier or turn that shit off. You're doing a rad job on everything else, though.

Oh and Mike, economic and political disparity as well as a fundamental cultural difference vis a vis slavery led to the American Civil war, not a word filter on a forum. Tone the rhetoric down and relax.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
xJohnnyx
VIHC Poster

Post by xJohnnyx »

Yah i thought the ridebikes thing was funny at first but it's totally stopped being funny now, but I am not annoyed by it either.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to like, It takes strength to be gentle and kind .
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

Hollow wrote:Sorry Tyler, that shit is seriously annoying me. Either come up with something funnier or turn that shit off. You're doing a ridebikes job on everything else, though.

Oh and Mike, economic and political disparity as well as a fundamental cultural difference vis a vis slavery led to the American Civil war, not a word filter on a forum. Tone the rhetoric down and relax.
Whatever, Carpetbagger. The South Island will rise again.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:
Hollow wrote:Sorry Tyler, that shit is seriously annoying me. Either come up with something funnier or turn that shit off. You're doing a ridebikes job on everything else, though.

Whatever, Carpetbagger. The South Island will rise again.
PSHAW. Everyone knows that Johnny Reb has been put down by our glorious Union soldiers! We will not be held hostage by the likes of THIS:

(also, I just realized my original post was a little harsher than I meant it to be. Sorry about that.)
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

Mark my words, Yankee, our glorious flag will fly above the parliment once again.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

i'm cool either way. I've gotten some laughs out of them
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

took it off, you'll notice that everything that was filtered has become unfiltered.

I was seriously losing my shit every time I read some like intense paragraph discussing a band and using the words seriously. like we have some sort of island slang that we overuse that everyone knows. but the people have spoken!

will accept PMs for new word filter suggestions.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Sweet, PM'ing you right now.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

I should have the power to create word filters
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:I should have the power to create word filters

You should give both of us this power, Tyler....COME ON. DO IT.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

it's not possible for a moderator to do that, I can only do it through the board creator setup panel, but anything you guys send to me I'll do
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
mike
Probably not a spambot

Post by mike »

lol, only in victoria on a hardcore messageboard could something so flykites be taken so seriously. obviously my original post about editing comments was purely for humorous purposes and in no way should upset or agitate anyone. Willa, thanks for the advice about the barbecue ribs, they turned out real nice.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

mike wrote:lol, only in victoria on a hardcore messageboard could something so flykites be taken so seriously. obviously my original post about editing comments was purely for humorous purposes and in no way should upset or agitate anyone. Willa, thanks for the advice about the barbecue ribs, they turned out real nice.

Sweet! Glad to hear those ribs worked out. It's all about the slow cookin.
mike
Probably not a spambot

Post by mike »

As pertaining to rhetoric and insensitive sarcasm; we all know that by missing 5 all agers and throwing out my Terror and Most Precious Blood cd's this legally terminates any "hard-core kid" status, so you don't have any jurisdiction to call me out.
If you'll excuse me I have return to watching "The Money Pit".
Good day sir
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

are you guys grillin' with charcoal? or propane?
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

mike wrote:As pertaining to rhetoric and insensitive sarcasm; we all know that by missing 5 all agers and throwing out my Terror and Most Precious Blood cd's this legally terminates any "hard-core kid" status, so you don't have any jurisdiction to call me out.
If you'll excuse me I have return to watching "The Money Pit".
Good day sir

Relax, dude. You'll notice I told Tyler to chill with the word filters, too. It's not a big deal.
mike
Probably not a spambot

Post by mike »

It's a joke, man. I'm joking.