Van Isle Hardcore t-shirts

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Peter
VIHC Poster

Re: Van Isle Hardcore t-shirts

Post by Peter »

Hollow wrote:I have access to a four color silk screener. Just sayin'.
im surprised this didnt come up earlier

i dont really like shirts with something on the back.
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

Peter wrote:

I have been jamming with a band. I am a busy beaver.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

Peter wrote:

yeah some shirts i don't like shit on the back
but then i get stoked with some i don't get it
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

something like this over the left breast

Victoria Straight Edge
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

except looking better
i am kind of sick of that

its like 6 years old
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
ebony
VIHC Poster

Post by ebony »

grind/bro wrote:The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
grind/bro wrote:
The front should say VAN ISLE HARDCORE in dripping blood font, with Jesus being impaled on a railway spike with goats dancing around him. The goats must also have bullet belts.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

dalamar501 wrote:except looking better
i am kind of sick of that

its like 6 years old
hahah I ment just the idea X with VIHC around it
Victoria Straight Edge
canon.docre
Grey Metal

Post by canon.docre »

keith. wrote:im willing to donate a chunk to just get these done.

personally i like "VAN ISLE HARDCORE" more than VICTORIA hardcore. just includes more people of course. i like the skyline idea, always a classic. im no good with whipping up designs though so who knows

also id like to vote we dont do black and white shirts. we all have 100s already. navy blue and white maybe?
I wouldn't wear it unless it was black, although I'd prolly just buy one and cut it out and make a backpatch or something if it came down to it.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

you can just do it on different shirts. once you make the screen(s) you're not committing to any ink or shirt colours, though it's easier to do it all with one ink colour.

I'm super down with this idea. PS troy and I still have some radio show shirts.

I might play around in photoshop and try to come up with a design if I have time in the next week, though other people should too or instead! I don't know how four colour printing works as far as the whole CMYK and separation thing. last time I designed a shirt I just made a different layer for each colour of ink and made each layer have lots of contrast to get rid of shading since I don't know how to do halftones.

Willa are you talking about the ability to use olio? I recall that they have really nice equipment, plastisol inks, a machine to set the shirts, etc.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

since vihc as a community seems to have progressed past the "xhxcx" stuff (thrash, punk, metal, etc.), i personally would be stoked on a more 'gnarly' design. a full size print (26" or something) with a rad picture on the front (obviously that had a connection to what we have as a scene) and van isle hardcore in a gnarly font. that's just me. i would never wear a shirt that had the ideas already put forward on it. more gnar though. maybe we'll make two designs?

i'd be in on chipping money in. i don't wear band shirts anymore, but i'd sport one of these hypothetical shirts.
VIVA like
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

i realised that when i said "past the xhxcx stuff" it sounded patronizing. i actually meant it still incorporates that in the community, but that there's much more diversity now. sorry if that sounded offensive!
VIVA like
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

yeah, I like the idea of a big design. maybe original art by someone who's actually good at art!
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Mikey
VIHC Poster

Post by Mikey »

wait so they're going to look good? i'm out
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

I'm not so sure about making an X such a centre piece given there's like what, 4 edge kids in town now? Not a huge issue, just sayin'. I still definitely think that the VIHC logo should be incorporated somewhere though. I also agree that they should say "Van Isle Hardcore" instead of "Victoria Hardcore". If anybody has a picture of Jordan stage diving, that should be what's on the shirts.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:I'm not so sure about making an X such a centre piece given there's like what, 4 edge kids in town now? Not a huge issue, just sayin'. I still definitely think that the VIHC logo should be incorporated somewhere though. I also agree that they should say "Van Isle Hardcore" instead of "Victoria Hardcore". If anybody has a picture of Jordan stage diving, that should be what's on the shirts.
i never really saw the X in those kind of "Area" logos representing straightedge. To me it is just the X in HXC that people use to call something hardcore...

i don't know
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

but the X is classic hardcore imagery! like the new york hardcore logo. I didn't think it had anything to do with edge in that context.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:I'm not so sure about making an X such a centre piece given there's like what, 4 edge kids in town now? Not a huge issue, just sayin'. I still definitely think that the VIHC logo should be incorporated somewhere though. I also agree that they should say "Van Isle Hardcore" instead of "Victoria Hardcore". If anybody has a picture of Jordan stage diving, that should be what's on the shirts.
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

keith. wrote:
ahahaha thats connor hutchinson in the foreground!

p.s.
stand strong... we wont take a back seat
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

I remember seeing that shirt like 6 yearrs ago and thinking the island must be hard as fuck
Its a tough as nails shirt right?
blake schwarzencat
VIHC Poster

Post by blake schwarzencat »

yes it is
a fur storm to purrify!
p.s. new york is purring