An open letter to those who knocked over my gear

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

tylerp
Site Admin

Re: An open letter to those who knocked over my gear

Post by tylerp »

1) I can't imagine the attachment you must feel to it, after having saved money from all your time in Victoria on it, just to have it get damaged. I suppose the closest I've come is for my Sunn head. if that were to become non-operational because someone knocked it over or played it at the wrong ohm setting and it blew up or something, I would be really mad at them and demand way more than a short one-off "sorry". when joey fenton knocked a hole in my lip requiring a hospital trip and stitches, and just said "it's a hardcore show, whatever" instead of a sincere apology, I was really mad because I expected him to take responsibility for hitting me, even if it was an accident. these things are as close as I can come to understanding how you feel. I also accept that this girl is my friend and that might skew my opinion. if it was someone I didn't know or didn't like, I'd probably lean a bit more towards your side. it just comes down to the fact that I have a slightly different personal view of responsibility for accidents and this whole thing doesn't really even directly involve me so I should shut up.
2) the way you edited the original post is much less angry than I would be if this happened to me.
3) I suck at leaving when I say "I'm out"
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

tylerp wrote:1) I can't imagine the attachment you must feel to it, after having saved money from all your time in Victoria on it, just to have it get damaged. I suppose the closest I've come is for my Sunn head. if that were to become non-operational because someone knocked it over or played it at the wrong ohm setting and it blew up or something, I would be really mad at them and demand way more than a short one-off "sorry". when joey fenton knocked a hole in my lip requiring a hospital trip and stitches, and just said "it's a hardcore show, whatever" instead of a sincere apology, I was really mad because I expected him to take responsibility for hitting me, even if it was an accident. these things are as close as I can come to understanding how you feel. I also accept that this girl is my friend and that might skew my opinion. if it was someone I didn't know or didn't like, I'd probably lean a bit more towards your side. it just comes down to the fact that I have a slightly different personal view of responsibility for accidents and this whole thing doesn't really even directly involve me so I should shut up.
2) the way you edited the original post is much less angry than I would be if this happened to me.
3) I suck at leaving when I say "I'm out"
1)I think you get where I'm coming from then. I have my guitar and amp, a few boxes of records and a foam matress. That's pretty much everything I own. I'm not complaining about that, in fact it's the opposite. I couldn't be happier with how simple and low maintence my life is right now. But the flip side of that coin is that few things I do have are exceptionally important to me.
2)That's probably because I smoke a lot more pot than you.
3)I'm the same way.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

hey there tyler P.

..i don't really want to join your van isle hardcore board, so i'm sending this to you and you can pass it on to zack. for further communications you can give him my mobile number.
About the mortifying mattress moment, I felt really contrite about it at the time even not knowing that anything was damaged. As the night went on and nothing further was mentioned about it (beside a little warning note on the mattress) i figured that all involved was fine. Tonight upon reading your forum was the first i heard anything contradictory to that. I do apologize that someone's valued guitar got damaged. I think you should have come to me when you realized about the damage, but i am sorry.
.. anyways get zack to give me a shout when he know what's up with repairing his guitar.

..and tell keith not to try a Starbucks...he won't find me there. unless it's the place of coffee for miles around.

..also we did ask a few people at the time if any damage was done but no one seemed to think so, so we took it at face value and moved on. It`s hard to apologize, without being informed about it. again sorry. and again it would have been nice if you come to me right away.

Kelly
pming you her number (zach)
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

Kelly you are a fiesty one. I know you wanted to email me. Go ahead play games. I don't care I will be at the airport bar drinking martinis and chatting with wealthy older mature women with law degrees.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

im gonna bring her to your party as my date and its gonna be really awkward
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Post by grind/bro »

I'm going to be so drunk off of Ouzo I won't recognize either of you.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

OPAH!
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
AC
VIHC Poster

Post by AC »

Hollow wrote:OPAH!
not a bad fast food chain
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

No real reason for this thread to continue. It's between me and Kelly now, so I'm locking it.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.