Outbreak

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Ron Burgundy
VIHC Poster

Outbreak

Post by Ron Burgundy »

Just wondering what other people think about the fact that Outbreak is repping Best Buy,Target,and Barnes&Noble among other large American corporations.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Re: Outbreak

Post by Jordan f. »

by "repping" do you mean they are being sponsored by them? If so hong kong brian should hook me up with a new flat screen tv.

p.s I have no real input till someone explains this
Victoria Straight Edge
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

Ron Burgundy wrote:Just wondering what other people think about the fact that Outbreak is repping Best Buy,Target,and Barnes&Noble among other large American corporations.
not really repping. Ryan is just using Trustkil to distribute the cds. Trustkil distributes to those companies. Well i guess they are using it but yeah it gets their music more out there. I have no problem with it what so ever. Like seriously some kids buys this record instead of some other shitty one cause it is in the "metal" or "alternative" section woudl rule.
I listened to shitty music that i would only buy at stores like that when i was in highschool. Slowly got into sweeter shit. Doing stuff like this works.
Pretty sure any money from all of this would go to Trustkil who pressed the cds. The band probably pays a bit to get some of the cds from them.
No idea on that front however but outbreak is a legit band who have toured relentlessly for the last 5 years. They have stayed true to their DIY upbringing. Ryan started his own label to put out his music and other friends bands with ThinkFast! and continues to do so. He knew that there would be people into getting CDs out of his fans and found Trustkil was willing to do it. He books all of his own tours and even does so for other bands since he has a lot of routes from doing a lot of other NA tours.

Nothing but respect for this band.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

ps if you come out to the show you should talk to them about it and see their side and see what they get from it / how they feel about it.
Ryan is a pretty approachable dude.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

wait, this is just about them being in these stores cd sections? No problem with that. I'd rather a kid purchase the latest Outbreak cd then some shitty Much Music "punk" (term used loosely).
Victoria Straight Edge
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

This debate is why I like born against to this day.
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

dalamar501 wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:Just wondering what other people think about the fact that Outbreak is repping Best Buy,Target,and Barnes&Noble among other large American corporations.
not really repping. Ryan is just using Trustkil to distribute the cds. Trustkil distributes to those companies. Well i guess they are using it but yeah it gets their music more out there. I have no problem with it what so ever. Like seriously some kids buys this record instead of some other shitty one cause it is in the "metal" or "alternative" section woudl rule.
I listened to shitty music that i would only buy at stores like that when i was in highschool. Slowly got into sweeter shit. Doing stuff like this works.
Pretty sure any money from all of this would go to Trustkil who pressed the cds. The band probably pays a bit to get some of the cds from them.
No idea on that front however but outbreak is a legit band who have toured relentlessly for the last 5 years. They have stayed true to their DIY upbringing. Ryan started his own label to put out his music and other friends bands with ThinkFast! and continues to do so. He knew that there would be people into getting CDs out of his fans and found Trustkil was willing to do it. He books all of his own tours and even does so for other bands since he has a lot of routes from doing a lot of other NA tours.

Nothing but respect for this band.

I had no idea they were being sold in those store, but as long as they're not changing their lyrics/editing themselves in order to be sold in those stores, I could care less. I remember when I was a kid, the only record store i knew of was Sam Goody, a HUGE chain found in a mall. If it hadn't been for some smaller bands being distributed to there, I probably never would have found out what metal/punk rock were all about. Trustkill are a shitty label, no doubt, and I've heard some SHAAADY things about their owner, but fuck it. If it helps out a group of genuinely good dudes who, as Troy said, relentlessly tour and put out their own music, then who gives a fuck.

Puff: explain? Not that I care if you like Born Against or anything, but just not sure what you mean.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
wolfgang
VIHC Poster

Post by wolfgang »

I think having your stuff sold through large, corporate, retail outlets is one thing...advertising those same large, corporate, retail stores on your Myspace page, is another. Maybe there is nothing wrong with having your CD for sale in Walmart or Target, especially for those kids that have nowhere else to get music in their town. I have no respect for band that advertises on their web site that their CD is for sale online through shit like Walmart and Target...they don't need the fucking advertising. If you're gonna advertise that the Cd is available online form someone...help out the independents. Shit...as far as I can tell from their myspace page...you can ONLY get their shit from large retailers.
xchadx
notable fraudster/loser nerd/homophobe

Post by xchadx »

Last edited by xchadx on Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

ON their myspace advertising those things. Labels like Trustkil and Eulogy now have things in their agreements about how the band has to use certain myspace backgrounds. Stephen was telling me about Creature's deal with Eulogy last summer. Pretty much Eulogy would put out the record and distrubute it. Creatures GETS nothing from it. Besides having their record widely distributed. Madison was talking about how it was weird to see creatures shit in Hot Topic etc...
Victoria Straight Edge
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Hollow wrote:Puff: explain? Not that I care if you like Born Against or anything, but just not sure what you mean.
I was like 6 when it actually happened and shouldnt care but they started a smear campaign against sick of it all because they were on a major label distro.
This was during the day you had to magically hear about a band and then magically find a mailing address to actually send away to hear that band band.
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:
Hollow wrote:Puff: explain? Not that I care if you like Born Against or anything, but just not sure what you mean.
I was like 6 when it actually happened and shouldnt care but they started a smear campaign against sick of it all because they were on a major label distro.
This was during the day you had to magically hear about a band and then magically find a mailing address to actually send away to hear that band band.

Ugh. The nineties were stupid on many, many levels. Sick of It All are now, and always will be, one of my favorite bands. I saw those guys back in 2000/2001 in shitty little venues when they easily could have gotten huge shows. Solid dudes.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

Hollow wrote:
Rude Boy Puff wrote:

Ugh. The nineties were stupid on many, many levels. Sick of It All are now, and always will be, one of my favorite bands. I saw those guys back in 2000/2001 in shitty little venues when they easily could have gotten huge shows. Solid dudes.
The only time i saw Sick of It All was like 2006. They seemed to still be Solid Dudes.
so Willa's statement is backed
Victoria Straight Edge
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

dalamar501 wrote:The only time i saw Sick of It All was like 2006. They seemed to still be Solid Dudes.
so Willa's statement is backed
Hahaha, was this the Seattle trip we stayed in that super nice hotel for free? They ruled, so did Madball.
Victoria Straight Edge
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

also, I think it was in 07. AND WE MISSED DTN!
Victoria Straight Edge
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

Jordan f. wrote:also, I think it was in 07. AND WE MISSED DTN!
yeah it was oct 07
sorry messing up my years

yeah fuck viva like

that band should have opened rather than us catching the last second of a chord of DTN

Jammed some DTN before the house show last saturday.
Rad times
Victoria Straight Edge
Rude Boy Puff

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Id also like to add
without vans warp tour Id have never seen H20 or known what a circle pit was
without much musics loud Id have never heard biohazard,madball, hatebreed or day of mourning
withoutmuch musics the wedge Id have never heard sick of it all
without the tattoo the earth tour I never would have seen downset (sweet pit beef) or hatebreed (no pit beef actually maybe 4 people watched them) but they played 68 songs in 20 minutes and every song was explained in detail about how it was about them being angry and it was amazing
Hollow

Post by Hollow »

Rude Boy Puff wrote:Id also like to add
without vans warp tour Id have never seen H20 or known what a circle pit was
without much musics loud Id have never heard biohazard,madball, hatebreed or day of mourning
withoutmuch musics the wedge Id have never heard sick of it all
without the tattoo the earth tour I never would have seen downset (sweet pit beef) or hatebreed (no pit beef actually maybe 4 people watched them) but they played 68 songs in 20 minutes and every song was explained in detail about how it was about them being angry and it was amazing

Warped tour ten years ago was pretty awesome. Warped tour now? Eh, not so much.
age of quarrel
A FIRESTORM TO PURIFY

Post by age of quarrel »

sure outbreaks myspace has mention of major retail stores, but ryan runs thinkfast and think fast put out the last youth attacke record so I have nothing bad to say really
http://wearetonguetied.blogspot.com
Rude Boy Puff wrote:tommarow theyre gonna eat more pussy and sniff more cocaine then any of us have ever seen.
Just saying.
dalamar501

Post by dalamar501 »

age of quarrel wrote:sure outbreaks myspace has mention of major retail stores, but ryan runs thinkfast and think fast put out the last youth attacke record so I have nothing bad to say really
i still wish i picked that record up...
:(
Victoria Straight Edge