ATTN GAMERS

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

FANTASTIC WOUND
VIHC Poster

ATTN GAMERS

Post by FANTASTIC WOUND »

Anyone here play videogames? If so, some questions:

1. Best game(s) of 2009?
2. What game are you currently most looking forward to?
THREAD-KILLER
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Re: ATTN GAMERS

Post by keith. »

im stuck in the 90s for videogames but i am looking forward to starcraft 2 and diablo 3 :D
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

I'm all about tabletop gaming. VIHC D&D 2010.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
FANTASTIC WOUND
VIHC Poster

Hollow wrote:I'm all about tabletop gaming. VIHC D&D 2010.
Even better! List yr characters.
THREAD-KILLER
Mikey
VIHC Poster

Post by Mikey »

I play too many video games. Game of the year? Shit, it ties in so many ways.

Best of 09': Dragon Age: Origins, Left 4 Dead 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Skate 2, Ghostbusters.
Looking forward to: Final Fantasy 13, Skate 3. probably more that i can't think of

Also d&d rules. GURPS/D20 Modern/3rd edition/4th whateves. they're all good.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."
Rude Boy Puff
THE YOUTH'S IMMERSED IN POISON

Post by Rude Boy Puff »

Assassins Creed and CODMW2 are the only 2 I own. So them
FANTASTIC WOUND
VIHC Poster

Okay, 4ed D&D = WOW.
Best of 09? I am in agreeance with Arkham Asylum. Demon's Souls is my #1, though. Hardest current gen game hands down.
Most looking forward to? BIOSHOCK 2. Have the preorder (which means exclusive online congtent!!!). Dream of it EVERY NIGHT. If it is anything less than spectacular, I will suffer a breakdown.
THREAD-KILLER
FANTASTIC WOUND
VIHC Poster

P.S: Autsin, I actually do want to share D&D characters. Anyone else who plays, I'd like to hear from you too. What's yr gameplay style?
THREAD-KILLER
darcy
VIHC Poster

Post by darcy »

I haven't played that many games since school started up this year, but I usually pop onto Steam every few days to play some TF2 or UT3. I'm a big fan of the Final Fantasy series (6 and 7 being my favourite, though 4 is up there). Right now I'm slowly going through Proffesor Layton and the Diabolical box. I recently bought a netbook and threw on a whole bunch of emulators. I was doing decently in Super Mario RPG until I accidently saved over my progress when I wanted to load. I suggest getting one called STELLA. STELLA plays Atari 2600 games, and many of them are tons of quick, arcade style fun.
Are you afraid of milk?
Should I hide the milk?

http://tinyurl.com/8rgq73e
matai

Post by matai »

hit me up on battlenet broodwar uswest

gamerid Matai

BEAST
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

I'm also stuck in the 90's so mega man 9 was probably the one thing I flipped out over. I'm the proud owner of one of... 200, I think, press kits in an original NES case and cartridge. I had to do some stupid youtube shit for that. I liked fallout 3 a lot. guitar hero 5? new super mario bros?

those are pretty much the only new games I played. also got back into morrowind a bit, which was probably released like five years ago or something. played a lot of super c for nes. some commander keen 4 two nights ago. yeahhhhh. I do not belong in this thread.

most looking forward to megaman 10, of course.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

tylerp wrote: also got back into morrowind a bit, which was probably released like five years ago or something.
Love Morrowind. I'm not a video game guy much at all, but that game was like crack, I could not stop. I have the GOTY edition for XBox too, which has the two expansions.

You played Oblivion too?
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

yeah, that's actually what got me back into Morrowind. I played a lot of Oblivion when I was living at home, totally one of my favourite games, though I guess it was 2008 or 07 or so when it came out. I got really far in the main quest, got distracted, made myself enchanted with 100% chameleon, loved the whole thing. turned lots of people into soul shards or whatever. god it was great.

unfortunately I moved into the troyler and we don't have a 360 (and I don't want to start a new oblivion game) so I'm into Morrowind now. when I originally played it when GOTY (and the expansions) came out in one pack, all I really did was wander around aimlessly and kill people. now that I get the whole story system because of Oblivion, I'm going to follow it.

I'm lame though, I keep a notepad with my skills so that I get three 5x stat boosts every time I level. sigh...
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
canon.docre
Grey Metal

Post by canon.docre »

star trek: online, the star trek mmorpg is launching next month. boner tyme.
Hollow
from the makers of infant hair dye

Post by Hollow »

canon.docre wrote:star trek: online, the star trek mmorpg is launching next month. boner tyme.

WANTWANTWANTWANT

However, a distinct lack of money and time will keep me from joining you fine folks. DAMMIT.
ZACH ATTACK wrote:Do drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. The harder the better. Then you'll go from being lonely to wishing that everybody would just fuck off because their a bunch of fucking buzzkills going on about how 'you've got a problem" and they "just want to be their to help you". You don't need any of them. You just need drugs.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

tylerp wrote:yeah, that's actually what got me back into Morrowind. I played a lot of Oblivion when I was living at home, totally one of my favourite games, though I guess it was 2008 or 07 or so when it came out. I got really far in the main quest, got distracted, made myself enchanted with 100% chameleon, loved the whole thing. turned lots of people into soul shards or whatever. god it was great.

unfortunately I moved into the troyler and we don't have a 360 (and I don't want to start a new oblivion game) so I'm into Morrowind now. when I originally played it when GOTY (and the expansions) came out in one pack, all I really did was wander around aimlessly and kill people. now that I get the whole story system because of Oblivion, I'm going to follow it.

I'm lame though, I keep a notepad with my skills so that I get three 5x stat boosts every time I level. sigh...
If this is for the xbox there are some really fun cheats for it. Oblivion looks nicer, but ultimately Morrowind is a more fun game, IMO.
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

i like video games..

if you asked tyler the game that takes up my whole life is

NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2005. I play this game all the time. If i am ever in my room on my computer i am most likely playing this game as well. Each save kind of has a theme to it...

Here is how much time i have put into some of these saves:

save 1: 0 days 4 hours, 56 mins, 25 seconds
Year in game: April 26, 2006
Team: Chicago Blackhawks (theme: Only players that have brothers.)

save 2: 2 days 12 hours, 33 mins, 31 seconds
Year in game: Jan 8th 2009
Team: Coyotes (Coyotes with Jagr.. as far as i can tell)

save 3: 0 days, 18 hours, 29 mins, 46 seconds
Year in game:June 6 2006
Team: New York Islanders (theme: Defensive Forwards only.)

save 4: 2 days, 5 hours, 34 mins, 50 seconds
Year in game: July 1 2011
Team: St. Louis Blues (theme: win a championship in every league.)

save 5: 5 days, 23 hours, 48 mins 34 seconds
Year in game: Feb 3 2016
Team: Nashville Predators Theme: Be NASHVILLE

save 6: 2 days, 4 hours, 33 mins, 37 seconds
Year in game: May 18 2008
Team: Pittsburgh Pens. Theme: Lemieux / Jagr

save 7: 3 days, 17 hours, 49 mins, 3 seconds
Year in game: Feb 12 2011
Team: Pittsburgh Pens. Theme: high offense... pretty much same as above game.

save 8: 1 day, 3 hours 37 mins 58 seconds
Year in game: Oct 29 2008
Team: Oshawa Generals. Theme: Follow John Tavares career. Current new game i started.

save 9: 13 Days 10 Hours, 58 Mins, 3 seconds
Year in game: June 8 2025
Team: Columbus Blue Jackets Theme: one of my first games...

save 10: 13 Days, 6 hours, 52 Mins, 38 seconds* i left the game on by accident once for this one....
Year in game: April 5 2010
Team: Vancouver Canucks Theme: Youth players or be very cheap budget wise

I have had a few other games that i have deleted that varied in time played from 2 days to only a few hours.

JUST LOOK AT THIS GAME PLAY

REAL IN GAME ACTION

Let's edit my roster

Look its the News screen

OH i also do play other games sometimes

Just finished Dragons Age: Origins
playing Mass Effect again.

I absolutely love the Baldur's Gate series and Torment. They are always installed.
Same with Arcanum (made by the dudes who did fallout 1/2 but left interplay) STEAMPUNK
Fallout 3
Counterstrike source
left for dead
yeah i have more....
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.
FANTASTIC WOUND
VIHC Poster

Videogame party! (NO SPORTS GAMES UNLESS IT'S BASEWARS)
THREAD-KILLER
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

I was really into dragon age origins briefly, but can't seem to get back into it. Baldur's Gate 2 is my favorite game all time though, hands down. I've beat it+expansion probably at least 10 times.
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
dalamar501
Known to his friends as "Troystin Tieber"

Post by dalamar501 »

Tambro wrote:I was really into dragon age origins briefly, but can't seem to get back into it. Baldur's Gate 2 is my favorite game all time though, hands down. I've beat it+expansion probably at least 10 times.
totally agree

well except about dragon age. i beat it.. kind of hard to go play it again differently but oh well.
Victoria Straight Edge
tylerp wrote: I'm mostly stoked about turning things into money. it's like alchemy.