NOW WATCHING (TV/MOVIES/ETC)

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

Mikey
VIHC Poster

Re: NOW WATCHING (TV/MOVIES/ETC)

Post by Mikey »

Just watched the pilot for Boardwalk Empire, jeeeeesssus. This is going to be a really intense show I can tell. I dig the references to real world gangsters (Capone, Luciano so far) and the entire cast is great. Michael Pitt looks like he's going to be a decent supporting lead to Buscemi.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

Just finished watching Idiocracy. Brillliant brilliant movie. Mike Judge has never made anything that wasn't outright spectacular. 5th or 6th time I've seen Idiocracy and it gets better every time.
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
Mikey
VIHC Poster

Post by Mikey »

Kyles post reminded me that I had never gotten around to watching This Is England, having heard about it ages ago. Downloaded and watched it straight away this morning. Completely floored me, I'm downloading the spin off "This Is England '86" now. Same actors, sort of a catch up with them 3 years later deal. 3 episodes currently out. The movie really left an impact on me though. Really great movie.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

Mikey wrote:Kyles post reminded me that I had never gotten around to watching This Is England, having heard about it ages ago. Downloaded and watched it straight away this morning. Completely floored me, I'm downloading the spin off "This Is England '86" now. Same actors, sort of a catch up with them 3 years later deal. 3 episodes currently out. The movie really left an impact on me though. Really great movie.
Aha, that's so funny, I just downloaded two episodes of This Is England 86 last night and was planning on watching them tonight! Also, This Is England is one of my favourite movies.
VIVA like
krisribs
VIHC Poster

Post by krisribs »

Just watch The Power of Salad and Milkshakes, Lightning Bolt's tour documentary. Pretty awesome.

Over the summer I watched the Neon Genesis Evangelion series, and just watched the End of Evangelion the other night.

HOLY SHIT. I don't even know what to say.
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

krisribs wrote:Just watch The Power of Salad and Milkshakes, Lightning Bolt's tour documentary. Pretty awesome.

Over the summer I watched the Neon Genesis Evangelion series, and just watched the End of Evangelion the other night.

if you liked evangelion you might like akira, if you havent already checked it out
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
krisribs
VIHC Poster

Post by krisribs »

Human-Demise wrote:
krisribs wrote:Just watch The Power of Salad and Milkshakes, Lightning Bolt's tour documentary. Pretty awesome.

if you liked evangelion you might like akira, if you havent already checked it out
Oh, I have.
That movie fucking rules.
I do appreciate recommendations, though. NEED MOAR.
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

This Is England '86

sofar it's off to a good start
Victoria Straight Edge
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

Part one was great. Cannot wait to watch the next three.
Victoria Straight Edge
Human-Demise
anyone out there still wishing cattle decapitation sounded like this?

Post by Human-Demise »

krisribs wrote:
Human-Demise wrote:

Oh, I have.
That movie fucking rules.
I do appreciate recommendations, though. NEED MOAR.
...uh.. um. crap i wish i was more knowledgeable of similar movies. the only thing that i can think of thats both a mindfuck and an anime is higurashi, that show was weird/badass when i was younger not sure how it holds up now though, mighht be worth looking into. as for things that are mindfucks but not anime, uhhhhhhh, videodrome? tetsuo? solaris????? i'm not good at this.
"hahaha, you were moved, wuss."
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

Jordan f. wrote:This Is England '86

watched first part last night and can't say I really liked it. I glorify the movie too much that it was a let-down. Maybe it will pick up in the next one.
VIVA like
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

KYLESTYLE wrote:

watched first part last night and can't say I really liked it. I glorify the movie too much that it was a let-down. Maybe it will pick up in the next one.
I thought it was great and I love that movie. Part of it might be Lol looking good in fred perry (total babe) but I can't wait to watch the second part.
Victoria Straight Edge
keith.
Prefers Tide Coldwater

Post by keith. »

ahh i wanna see Videodrome again
that movie was fucked to hell and back
officespace
VIHC Poster

Post by officespace »

finished F&G. Now back to the Simpsons. Almost done the first 8 seasons.

-Warren
age of quarrel wrote:No one poser exposes me more than the twins
Jordan f.
Smoke Weed, Hail Satan

Post by Jordan f. »

Jordan f. wrote:
KYLESTYLE wrote:

I thought it was great and I love that movie. Part of it might be Lol looking good in fred perry (total babe) but I can't wait to watch the second part.
just finished part 3. What the fuck..... stoked for the final episode.
Victoria Straight Edge
Mikey
VIHC Poster

Post by Mikey »

Jordan f. wrote:
Jordan f. wrote:
KYLESTYLE wrote:

just finished part 3. What the fuck..... stoked for the final episode.

ditto to this. jesus. i dunno. the movie is one of my latest favorites. but the mini-series...show? Whatever it is, 3 episodes down and 1 to go on sept 28th but I'm enjoying it less other than episode 3s big shock. We'll see how they wrap it up though.
KYLESTYLE
VIHC Poster

Post by KYLESTYLE »

I can't say i'm fond of watching young girls get raped in movies... Either way, episode two and three were much better than i felt after the first. I am stoked to see how it raps up. I kind of wish it had nothing to do with the movie though because it just feels like he created a piece of art and then realised he could make a sequel.
Keith and I are going to watch World's Greatest Dad today (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1262981/)
VIVA like
dave mac
No self righteousness here, was just pointing out a flawed statement

Post by dave mac »

pretty disappointed with This Is England 86 thus far.

Having bit characters return to the mix feels very forced, especially the shoe store lady. The store owner dating Shaun's mom and hiring Shaun doesn't feel right either. And taking the cake is Banjo just being part of the Gang now. I mean, in the movie he was king bonehead, worse than Combo in many regards and now he is just a goofy old guy in the gang? BLAH.

Most of the main players have been turned into 1 dimensional clowns. Seems like Meadows is more focused on making jokes than actually having any sort of meaningful character development. The overall light tone really diminishes the serious scenes, has made the main conflict.. Lol/her dad... seem strikingly out of place and clashes in a non-complimentary fashion with a scene as brutal as the final in the 3rd episode.

Yeah, I love This Is England, the movie... but this TV show kinda blows.
stumped.
Prefers ke$ha

Post by stumped. »

gonna do some coke off my doom cannon if you get my drift
dave mac
No self righteousness here, was just pointing out a flawed statement

Post by dave mac »

Just finished the final episode of This is England '86...

hmmmm, shift to a decidedly heavy ending... not sure how I feel about it. Will probably watch all 4 episodes again before I make my final judgement.