WTB: 4x12 guitar cab

Shirts, CDs, 7"s, LPs, Gear, Vans, Lawnmowers

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

CodyCreepcore
VIHC Poster

Re: WTB: 4x12 guitar cab

Post by CodyCreepcore »

That's not the 1960lead jcm800 cab. That's a cheap one made for Marshall solid state heads. Don't get that one IMO.
Tambro
THE BANE THAT SOCIETY DROWNS IN

Post by Tambro »

My bad! I saw Celestions and assumed V30s
I play bass. I play guitar. I do both poorly. What's up.
Peter
VIHC Poster

Post by Peter »

CodyCreepcore wrote:That's not the 1960lead jcm800 cab. That's a cheap one made for Marshall solid state heads. Don't get that one IMO.
but i mean for the price to volume ratio, if you're in a bind it'd do pretty well I'd think. Or is it that bad?
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Peter wrote:
CodyCreepcore wrote:That's not the 1960lead jcm800 cab. That's a cheap one made for Marshall solid state heads. Don't get that one IMO.
but i mean for the price to volume ratio, if you're in a bind it'd do pretty well I'd think. Or is it that bad?
I havn't looked at the ad, but if it's a Marshall cab made for their solid state line then listen to Cody. They are bad. Unless the tonal quality you think your guitar sound is missing is that of wet cardboard, then those cabs really deliver the goods.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

gonna echo these guys, there is this weird misconception that any marshall 4x12 is a good cab to have.

also a cab is more than just four speakers and some wires into a backplate! positioning, baffling, materials, the space allotted for each speaker, etc. are all factors.
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Peter
VIHC Poster

Post by Peter »

Andrew wrote:
Peter wrote:
I havn't looked at the ad, but if it's a Marshall cab made for their solid state line then listen to Cody. They are bad. Unless the tonal quality you think your guitar sound is missing is that of wet cardboard, then those cabs really deliver the goods.
love that boxey tone! ;)
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

How do people feel about Crate cabs? I looked at a GS 412S today, but I don't know anything about them.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

ZACH ATTACK wrote:How do people feel about Crate cabs? I looked at a GS 412S today, but I don't know anything about them.
Don't know anything about them, but someone's got a Crate 4x12 with vintage 30's in it on Van CL.
tylerp
Site Admin

Post by tylerp »

not a fan of crate...
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂
Peter
VIHC Poster

Post by Peter »

They're (crate) owned by the same company that Ampeg are now owned by, aren't they?
Andrew
Sea bass

Post by Andrew »

Peter wrote:They're (crate) owned by the same company that Ampeg are now owned by, aren't they?
Did Crate go to LOUD with Ampeg, or are you thinking of SLM (who owned both a few years ago)?
Peter
VIHC Poster

Post by Peter »

Andrew wrote:
Peter wrote:They're (crate) owned by the same company that Ampeg are now owned by, aren't they?
Did Crate go to LOUD with Ampeg, or are you thinking of SLM (who owned both a few years ago)?

Yup!

http://www.loudtechinc.com/
CodyCreepcore
VIHC Poster

Post by CodyCreepcore »

zach, i might be selling my peavey valve king 4x12 cab (angled) for about 400 in the near future if your interested. you've probabaly heard it during mutiny shows.
ZACH ATTACK
RAP SNACKS

Post by ZACH ATTACK »

I might be intersted, but I've also got a couple leads on some marshall cabs. If you ever decide to sell your 5150 though, I'll be all over that.
I grew wings and a beak just to stay on my feet.
CodyCreepcore
VIHC Poster

Post by CodyCreepcore »

ill let you know if that every happens. if it does it'd be because i got a mesa triple rec. but i dont have that kinda money for instruments that i barely play.