ABSURD EXPOSITION distro updates

Shirts, CDs, 7"s, LPs, Gear, Vans, Lawnmowers

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Re: Just Say No! Records//Distro Updates

Post by shakehurst »

It's fast and short.

SUPERBAD / ROSKOPP - Split 7" now in stock.
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

JOSHUA NORTON CABAL - Between Two Fires C20 (restock)
WINTERS IN OSAKA - Mutual Collapse CD
WINTERS IN OSAKA / CHRIS DODGE - Collaboration CS
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

DISCONNECTED / WASTELAND - Split 7"
GAWJ - So Far Away... 7"
KALI - Demo 7"
MALPARIDO / PARTY BY THE SLICE - Split 7"
SETE STAR SEPT - Revisions of Noise 12"
SHORTLIVED - Demo 7"
SHORTLIVED - Mindrot 7"
SICK/TIRED / COFFEE RAGE - Split 7"
STAET POISON - 1st 7"
UNEARTHLY TRANCE / THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE - Split 12"
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

END OF ALL - Places 7"
THE MAKAI - Embracing the Shroud of a Blackened Sky 12"
PROTESTANT - Judgements 12"
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

distro will be at the Chateau Noir tomorrow for the 2nd last Bore Hero show.
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

AHNA - AHNA LP
AMERICAN CHEESEBURGER / RELIGIOUS AS FUCK - Split LP
BUYER'S REMORSE - A Thorough Analysis 7"
DEAD RADICAL / SIDETRACKED - Split LP
FORMING 7"
GRAF ORLOCK - Doombox 10"+CD
IN DISGUST / MASS GRAVE - Split 7"
MALACHI - Wither to Cover the Tread LP
MASS GRAVE / STORMCROW - Split LP
OWEN HEART - Earth Control LP+CD
TRAINWRECK - Of Concrete Canyons and Inner Wastelands LP
WARFAIR? - Earmageddon LP
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

January says hello//goodbye:

1) GENERAL NEWS / R.I.P. WAR HERO
2) CANADA POST: KILLS SMALL BUSINESSES DEAD
3) RELEASES
4) CONSIGNMENT
5) DISTRO UPDATES
6) TOURS
7) CONTACT

==========================================================

GENERAL NEWS

Lots of records came in this month, mostly from trades, a few are some of the best records to come out in recent years (see: AHNA LP, DRAINLAND LP). A few copies of some older JSN releases back in stock as well.

Friday night at the Chateau Noir in Vancouver was WAR HERO's second last show (the final show was in Squamish on Saturday. an event I was unable to attend.) and everything about that night was great. A mass of people and a line up no one could complain about : AHNA, OSK, SIX BREW BANTHA, YOUNG OPPRESSION, and WAR HERO. I'm glad they're moving on (see: OBACHA), and WAR HERO was definitely a learning experience for all of us. When JSN003, their split with HOMINID, came around we were all kids I guess just trying to have fun and thought that 500 copies was fair game. It took a while, but we finally learned some things and realized that mistakes, while not worth reliving, are what help us progress and better ourselves (well, that sounds a little too 'posi'). Now we've grown up and moved on to greener pastures (who am I?) and (hopefully) better endeavours. Here's to being too old for your age. Catch OBACHA on their upcoming split with ORDSTRO.

Moving along...

CANADA POST: KILLS SMALL BUSINESSES DEAD

It's that time again. Canada Post increased their rates on January 17th and things just got a million times worse. Here's a very quick breakdown on how it affected LPs:

CANADA*

1 LP changed from $10.41 to $11.37
2 LPs changed from $11.62 to $13.64

1 DLP changed from $11.68 to $12.75
2 DLPs changed from $13.16 to $14.34

USA

1 LP changed from $7.77 to $12.41
2 LPs changed from $11.54 to $18.62

1 DLP changed from $11.54 to $12.41
2 DLPs changed from $17.96 to $19.85

WORLD

1 LP changed from $9.54 to $15.02
2 LPs changed from $16.33 to $21.07

1 DLP changed from $14.33 to $15.02
2 DLPs changed from $34.32 to $21.07 (hey, that one actually makes sense)

Everything else went up $0.02 - $0.25 give or take.

So. I'll continue to have my record prices as low as possible and will keep trying to do my best at cutting all costs. These prices reflect an 8% discount by way of using online shipping tools and are the exact cost of what I pay. At the counter these prices are still more expensive. So if you're ever asking me to cut you a deal on shipping, I really can't go any lower.

*shipping within Canada is always based on an average. per province it may be cheaper or more expensive. your call if you want to write me for an exact quote (it may be $2-$3 more or $2-$3 less, depending where you're located. your gamble).

"Canada Post: Kills Small Businesses Dead" - Profound Lore Records

RELEASES

Upcoming:

JSN009: KALI - discography 12" -- as their split with ULTIMATE BLOWUP just came out and with other projects lined up for me, we're taking our time with this one. it'll probably be out sometime this year, but give us a few more months for any real updates. as previously noted this will contain absolutely everything from the demo, split with UB, unreleased comp tracks, and whatever else might be kicking around.

JSN013: THE KETTLE BLACK 7" or 12" -- no updates on this. not sure on when it's going to even start to get rolling. was originally planned to have it ready for his spring tour but, that clock started ticking a while ago and I doubt it'll be ready in time.

JSN015: KURSK -- Spin the Past Forward Darkly (Discography) CD -- this one will also come out at a later date. WOLBACHIA is a primary focus on their end and it only makes sense for all parties involved to be 100% before moving on.

JSN017: new AHNA LP -- a very recent development. more details when they're available. out closer to summer and will be out before at least JSN009 and JSN015, if not JSN013 as well.

Possibility of a SIX BREW BANTHA LP in the later future, whenever they get around to it and once money becomes available on my end after those aforementioned up-and-commers.

Still around:

JSN014: OSK / THE AFTERNOON GENTLEMEN 7" -- last copies. power violence-influenced stuff from Vancouver's OSK, and INSECT WARFARE-style grind from the UK's TAG.

JSN004: HALF GORILLA / KURSK 7" -- grind on grind action from the middle of Canada and the US. limited blue and regular blue available.

JSN003: WAR HERO / HOMINID 7" -- sloppy fast hardcore from both. WAR HERO with a CHARLES BRONSON edge and HOMINID digging LEFT FOR DEAD.

JSN002: IN VACUO - You Pilot 7" -- surf hardcore. think DEAD KENNEDYS meets something spastic.

Through one way or another, I also have a few copies of JSN005 and JSN006 back in stock.

JSN006: MUTINY 7" -- grinding anarchist brutality from Victoria. 2 copies in.

JSN005: THE COMMUNION / COMPOUND TERROR 7" -- United States east coast grind meets Canadian west coast grind. limited blue/purple version /100.

CONSIGNMENT

Still looking for more labels/bands/zines/people who are interested in working with me on consignment, especially those of you from Europe. Write me for more details if you're interested.

People I currently work it:

AT BOTH ENDS (magazine, USA)
FEAR OF TOMORROW (band, Canada)
GIVE PRAISE RECORDS (USA)
IDONEUM BELLO RECORDS (Germany)
KOROVA (band, USA)

DISTRO UPDATES

Here's what arrived in January that's still in stock:

AHNA - AHNA LP
AMERICAN CHEESEBURGER / RELIGIOUS AS FUCK - Split LP
BUYER'S REMORSE - A Thorough Analysis 7"
DEAD RADICAL / SIDETRACKED - Split LP
DISCONNECTED / WASTELAND - Split 7"
DRAINLAND - And So Our Troubles Began LP
END OF ALL - Places 7"
FORMING 7"
GAWJ - So Far Away... 7"
GRAF ORLOCK - Doombox 10"+CD
HER BREATH ON GLASS - We Aimed Straight Down LP
HYBRIS - Discography LP
IN DISGUST / MASS GRAVE - Split 7"
JOSHUA NORTON CABAL - Between Two Fires C20
KALI - Demo 7"
MAKAI - Embracing the Shroud of a Blackened Sky LP
MALACHI - Wither to Cover the Tread LP
MALPARIDO / PARTY BY THE SLICE - Split 7"
MASS GRAVE / STORMCROW - Split LP
OWEN HART - Earth Control LP+CD
PROTESTANT - Judgements LP
SETE STAR SEPT - Revisions of Noise LP
SHORTLIVED - Demo 7"
SHORTLIVED - Mindrot 7"
SICK/TIRED / COFFEE RAGE - Split 7"
STATE POISON 7"
SUPERBAD / ROSKOPP - Split 7"
TRAINWRECK - Of Concrete Canyons and Inner Wastelands LP
UNEARTHLY TRANCE / THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE - Split LP
WARFAIR? - Earmageddon LP
WINTERS IN OSAKA - Mutual Collapse CD
WINTERS IN OSAKA / CHRIS DODGE - Collaboration CS

Coming soon:

KALI / ULTIMATE BLOWUP - Split 7"
MAMMOTH GRINDER / HATRED SURGE - Split LP
SAME-SEX DICTATOR - From Beneath You it Devours LP
+ lots more, as usual

TOURS

Lots of stuff going on around here, I don't have dates for everything but THE KETTLE BLACK is working on a spring tour across Canada and AHNA has a cross-Canada tour coming up followed by a European tour this summer. These will be posted once I know what they are.

What I do have dates for, however, is SIX BREW BANTHA'S west coat US tour with LUNGE. Here's what they're up to:

SIX BREW BANTHA US TOUR MARCH 2011
All shows w/ Lunge (Portland)

March 3rd Tacoma, WA @ The Red Room
March 4th Seattle, WA @ Fort Drunkerfall
March 5th Portland, OR @ TBA w/ Hummingbird of Death
March 6th Eugene, OR @ TBA - HELP!
March 7th Chico, CA @ TBA
March 8th Sacramento, CA @ TBA
March 9th Oakland, CA @ The Hazmat w/ Ordstro, Stares, Tragic Ends, Wake the Machines
March 10th San Jose, CA @ Texas Toast House w/ Godstomper, Ordstro
March 11th Los Angeles, CA @ TBA w/ Goner
March 12th Los Angeles, CA @ TBA w/ Goner
March 13th San Fransisco @ Five Points Art House w/ Ordstro
March 14th Day Off
March 15th Arcata, CA @ The Big Tree
March 16th Portland, OR @ TBA

Hit them up if they're coming to your neck of the woods, they wont disappoint. Also if anyone can help fill in the missing dates, holler at me.

CONTACT

info[[aatt]]justsaynorecords.com
http://www.justsaynorecords.com
http://www.facebook.com/JSNRecords
http://www.twitter.com/JSNRecords
http://www.justsaynorecords.com/gossip

THANKS AS ALWAYS,
Taylor
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

DEFEATIST / TRIAC / ASRA - 3-way split LP
THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE / WADGE - Split 7"
HATRED SURGE / THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE - Split LP
ICE NINE - Nobody's Son 7"
IN DISGUST / PLF - Split LP
LOW THREAT PROFILE LP
MINDLESS - Human Conditioning 7"
QUATTRO STAGIONI LP
SAME-SEX DICTATOR - From Beneath You it Devours LP
SFN - Itching 7"
SHANK - Coded Messages in Slowed Down Songs LP
SUFFERING MIND LP
Y - Global Player LP
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

INVERTED FOREST #1 zine (interviews w/ THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE, LOSER LIFE, SUFFER, 16OH RECORDS)
INVERTED FOREST #2 zine (interviews w/ CALIFORNIA LOVE, HATRED SURGE, IRON LUNG, SCAPEGOAT, SEPTIC SURGE)
INVERTED FOREST #3 zine (interviews w/ CRIME DESIRE, DESPISE YOU, IN DISGUST)
MAMMOTH GRINDER / HATRED SURGE - Split LP (black copies only, red sold out first day i got 'em in)
SLAUGHTER STRIKE - At Life's End 12" (EDIT: already gone)
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

JSN is no more, what's left of the old distro is here: http://absurdexposition.blogspot.com/p/ ... stock.html

GSTS is taking it across Canada with them in two weeks so if you want anything it'd be best to grab it now.

the stuff I actively carry now is here: http://absurdexposition.storenvy.com

AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE: The Noise Culture Magazine
INVERTED FOREST #3
RITUAL #2
SPECIAL INTERESTS #3, #4, #5, #6

and soon: the final tape of THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE
Last edited by shakehurst on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Re: ABSURD EXPOSITION distro updates

Post by shakehurst »

New:
DISGUST / JOSHUA NORTON CABAL - Split CS (Small Doses)
PIG HEART TRANSPLANT / THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE - PHTEB 7" (SuperFi)

Soon:
ACTUARY / ADERLATING - Split CS (Love Earth Music)
ACTUARY / BACTERIA CULT - Split 7" (Vomitcore Music)
DRAINLAND / TRENCHES - Split LP (De Graanrepubliek)
THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE - final CS (Survivalist) (only place in Canada you'll be able to get it from)
WRECK OF THE HESPERUS - Light Rotting Out LP (Streaks)

Full stock:
AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE #1
BASTARD NOISE - Rogue Astronaut CD (Gravity)
BASTARD NOISE / CHRISTIAN RENOU - Brainstorming II CD (Housepig)
BASTARD NOISE / GOLEM GROSS - Universe of Dishonor CD (Housepig)
KOROVA - Demonstration #7089 CS
PIG HEART TRANSPLANT / THE ENDESS BLOCKADE - PHTEB 7" (SuperFi)
RITUAL #2
SPECIAL INTERESTS #3
SPECIAL INTERESTS #4
SPECIAL INTERESTS #5
SPECIAL INTERESTS #6
WINTERS IN OSAKA - Mutual Collapse CD (W.K.F.E.W.R.)

http://absurdexposition.storenvy.com
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

WRECK OF THE HESPERUS - Light Rotting Out LP now in stock. Gross, heavy Irish doom. Import on Streaks Records from Germany. Details:

"The woeful second album, for so long dreaded by many, from the Irish grime-bandits Wreck of the Hesperus. Crawling out from their grim festering underground caverns after five years - this new monstrosity shows they have, unsurprisingly, learnt nothing since the pitiful noise of "The Sunken Threshold" in 2006. "Light Rotting Out" is a regressive degenerate musical abomination of fetid, retarded doom. Dirty dissonance from demented dissidents. Guest vocals from Albert Witchfinder."

Mastered for vinyl by James Plotkin. Comes as gatefold with full printed inner sleeve. 150 white, 350 black. I only have black copies in stock. Listen to the first track, 'Kill Monument', here.

Be advised some shipping options in the store have changed. If you're in Canada, make sure to pick your province in the shipping options section on checkout so you're charged the proper cost. These are Canada Post's exact prices and are all based on tax/fuel surcharges in your province, which is why it's cheaper to send it to Quebec than it is Ontario, even though Ontario is closer to me. Note this only applies to bigger/heavier items (i.e. LP orders), and ordering some zines or 7"s will remain the same rate across the board.

In other distro news, SPECIAL INTERESTS #5 is now sold out. Restock will be coming eventually. Running low on all other issues of SPECIAL INTERESTS as well as THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE / PIG HEART TRANSPLANT 7". No guarantee of a restock on the latter.

Up next:

DRAINLAND / TRENCHES - split LP
THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE - final CS
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

DRAINLAND / TRENCHES - Split LP now in stock. Heavy hardcore vs. elongated hardcore. Import on De Graanrepubliek from The Netherlands.

"Drainland offer 4 songs of noise drenched hardcore. Slow, fast, heavy and powerful. For fans of Unruh, Noothgrush and Dystopia. Trenches on the other side come with their first output on vinyl. One song that lasts for about 14 minutes. I guess they could be best compared to a mixture between Ire and Isis (Celestial period). Riffing, groove, dark and just simply great."

This is currently streaming in full at CVLT Nation.

Up next:

ACTUARY / ADERLATING CS
ACTUARY / BACTERIA CULT 7"
THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE - final CS
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

ACTUARY / ADLERATING - Curses and Conspiraces CS and ACTUARY BACTERIA CULT 7" now in stock.

Chris Dodge is in BACTERIA CULT, etc, etc.

shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

November Roundup:

Not a whole lot to report this month. Some new distro items in stock from ACTUARY, DRAINLAND, and WRECK OF THE HESPERUS. A few things on the way. In this post I'll talk about the upcoming first Absurd Exposition release, as well as the new weekly podcast I have started doing.

Contents:

1) RELEASES
2) PODCAST
3) DISTRO

***RELEASES***

The first release on Absurd Exposition (AE001 for those already keeping track) will be a tape from WINTERS IN OSAKA entitled "Red Passages". The tape will compile rare and out of print material from the "Mechanics" and "Pierced Ears Piercing Eyes" cassettes as well as the split tapes with DEATH AGONIES and P.T.M. Look for this as an early 2012 release. Noise, noise, and more noise.

Listen to WIO here and get details on where to purchase their new "Clandestine" LP here.

***PODCAST***

The Absurd Exposition podcast is a (so far) weekly program that features new and old music of the punk, hardcore, and noise variety as a means of discovery and enjoyment. All recent episodes are available to stream/download on the Absurd Exposition SoundCloud. Past episodes are available for download via the Internet Archive.

I try to do a new episode every Monday and as of right now the first four episodes are available to stream/download on SoundCloud. This weekend episodes #1-#3 will be removed and ported to the Internet Archive. Episodes #4 and #5 will be on the SoundCloud until the following week, where #4 will be ported to the Archive and #5 and #6 will be on SoundCloud. This is how the cycle will continue until the end of time (or I stop doing new episodes, whichever comes first), because I'm unable to host all episodes on SoundCloud without paying an arm and a leg.

If you're a band/label and want me to play some of your stuff, send me an email with some mp3s and I'll see what I can do. I often make the playlists well in advance of the "air date" so no guarantee they'll be played straight away (if ever).

Here's an overview of the first four episodes:

Episode 4 (2011-11-28): NOMEANSO, THOUSANDSWILLDIE, DETROIT, OSK, NO FAITH, EYE GOUGER, WHIZ KIDZ, HIGH JINKS, HATRED SURGE, MAMMOTH GRINDER, OD VRATOT NADOLU, IN VACUO, CONSTRICTIONS, CUSTODIAN, ACTUARY, BRAINOIL, HAGGATHA, NYODENE D, DEATH GRIPS

Episode 3 (2011-11-21): GAS CHAMBER, ALARIC, ENERGETIC ACTION, SPECTRES, AU PAIRS, MONITOR, TUMOR CIRCUS, SWANS, THROBBING GRISTLE

Episode 2 (2011-11-14): ELAINE BROWN, THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE, DEAD LANGUAGE, VILE INTENT, SEVERE, RUNNING FOR COVER, IN DISGUST, SETE STAR SEPT, INSECT WARFARE, SIX BREW BANTHA, LORTIE, URINE COP, IRON LUNG, WEIRDING, CHUCK NORRIS, SUBHUMANS, NOMEANSNO, DRAINLAND, WAKE THE MACHINES, BASTARD NOISE, BOYD RICE AND FRIENDS

Episode 1 (2011-11-07): An overview of what's to come. Tracks from: CYCLOPS, SEA OF SHIT, COLUMN OF HEAVEN, KALI, PSYCHIC LIMB, COMPOUND TERROR, WOLBACHIA, DEFEATIST, PRAETURA, DISGUST, WORKER, OPIATE, GENOCIDE ORGAN, A CANADIAN WEREWOLF IN..., AHNA, WAR HERO, POINTED STICKS, D.O.A.

Future episodes will feature interviews and more in-depth programming. There's also a page on the Absurd Exposition blogspot that lists current and archived episodes.

***DISTRO***

Here's what came in this month:

ACTUARY / ADERLATING - Curses and Conspiracies CS (2011 | Love Earth Music)
"Put out through Love Earth Music, this cassette boasts four collaborative efforts between ADERLATING and ACTUARY. Drum and percussion tracks were traded between the two, and this is the result: beautifully wretched noise. If you haven't heard of ADERLATING, then you need to get with the program. Check them out here, as well as some of his other projects: http://gnawtheirtongues.bandcamp.com. The ACTUARY side features vocal work from Kevin Fetus (LACK OF INTEREST / FETUS EATERS / BACTERIA CULT) and will not fail to please. Housed in a red cassette with beyond epic artwork by Mories from ADERLATING."

ACTUARY / BACTERIA CULT 7" (2011 | Vomitcore Music)
"The BACTERIA CULT side of this banger is dark, haunting, and downright strange. Everything you want in a full flavoured noise project. If you are not familiar with BC, check 'em out here: http://www.sentientrecordings.com/bacteriacult.html. ACTUARY provides a laid back sonic assault that seals the deal on this beautiful release. Released through Vomitcore Records on translucent blue wax, with full color artwork by Kevin Fetus"

DRAINLAND / TRENCHES LP (2011 | De Graanrepubleik #17 | The Netherlands)
"DRAINLAND offer 4 songs of noise drenched hardcore. Slow, fast, heavy and powerful. For fans of UNRUH, NOOTHGRUSH, and DYSTOPIA. TRENCHES on the other side come with their first output on vinyl. One song that lasts for about 14 minutes. I guess they could be best compared to a mixture between IRE and ISIS (Celestial period). Riffing, groove, dark and just simply great."

POTIER / OCRA CS (2011 | Ramshackle Day Parade RDP003 | Canada)
"Recently I was comparing the words “awesome” and “awful” and noticed that one is full of awe where as the other is only some awe, therefore awful must be even better than awesome. This cassette is utterly awful."

WRECK OF THE HESPERUS - Light Rotting Out LP (2011 | Streak Records #10 | Germany)
"The woeful second album, for so long dreaded by many, from the Irish grime-bandits Wreck of the Hesperus. Crawling out from their grim festering underground caverns after five years - this new monstrosity shows they have, unsurprisingly, learnt nothing since the pitiful noise of "The Sunken Threshold" in 2006. "Light Rotting Out" is a regressive degenerate musical abomination of fetid, retarded doom. Dirty dissonance from demented dissidents. Guest vocals from Albert Witchfinder. Mastered for vinyl by James Plotkin."

I'll also be getting copies of the new magazine PERSONAL BEST, curated by Lasse Marhaug out of Norway. Articles and interviews by Gold Soundz, Bruce Russell, KERANEN, Chukli Hong, C. Spencer Yeh, UMPIO, SETE STAR SEPT, Oren Ambarchi, John Wiese/SISSY SPACEK, ZWEIZZ, Vivian Wang, Daniel Menche, and Very Friendly.

And since a lot of you have been asking: THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE's final tape will still be stocked and you'll all most definitely know when it gets here. Oh, and I should also be getting the new SEA OF SHIT 7" in, too.

Now for the current full distro list:

ACTUARY / ADERLATING - Split CS (Love Earth Music)
ACTUARY / BACTERIA CULT - Split 7" (Vomitcore Music)
AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE #1
BASTARD NOISE - Rogue Astronaut CD (Gravity)
BASTARD NOISE / CHRISTIAN RENOU - Brainstorming II CD (Housepig)
BASTARD NOISE / GOLEM GROSS - Universe of Dishonor CD (Housepig)
DRAINLAND / TRENCHES - Split LP (De Graanrepubliek)
KOROVA - Demonstration #7089 CS
PIG HEART TRANSPLANT / THE ENDESS BLOCKADE - PHTEB 7" (SuperFi)
POTIER / OCRA CS (Ramshackle Day Parade)
RITUAL #2
SPECIAL INTERESTS #3
SPECIAL INTERESTS #6
WINTERS IN OSAKA - Mutual Collapse CD (W.K.F.E.W.R.)
WRECK OF THE HESPERUS - Light Rotting Out LP (Streaks)

I'll be restocking copies of SPECIAL INTERESTS most likely after issue #7 is released.

That's it for this month's update. If you'd like more regular updates, check out the Facebook page or the blog.

http://facebook.com/absurdexposition
http://absurdexposition.blogspot.com
http://soundcloud.com/absurdexposition
http://absurd.exposition.bandcamp.com
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

PERSONAL BEST #1

Just got a few copies of this new pro-done magazine curated by Lasse Marhaug.

90 pages of in-depth interviews/conversations with Oren Ambarchi, Zweizz, Arcn Templ, Daniel Menche, Umpio, Keränen, C. Spencer Yeh, Very Friendly, Bruce Russell, Sete Star Sept, Chulki Hong, Sissy Spacek and Gold Soundz.

A Norweigan import, so apologies on the price, it's probably cheaper than most places anyways and they look amazing!

Noise, music, and beyond.

Available in the webstore.
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

SEA OF SHIT 7"s are in. Absolutely disgusting power violence from Chicago. If there's one band that actually deserves the 'pv' tag that gets thrown around endlessly, it's this one. In the top 3 of my best of 2011 list. Wholesale copies also available for Canadian distros. http://absurdexposition.storenvy.com/
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

Just got a few copies of the ACTUARY / WINTERS IN OSAKA "Chosen Curse" split 7" in stock.

Description from ACTUARY: “THIS BADBOY IS AWESOME INSIDE AND OUT, AND WE ARE VERY, VERY PLEASED WITH THE RESULT. WINTERS REPRESENT ON THEIR SIDE WITH A MAGNUM, ETHERAL, AND DARK TRACK…..STAYING TRUE TO THEIR STYLE OF “CREEP AMBIENT” THAT WE LOVE SO MUCH. THE ACTUARY SIDE IS A HARSH MAGICAL MASH-UP UP OF SYNTHED OUT FIELD RECORDINGS AND STRAIGHT UP IN-YO-FACE BRUTALITY. OUT ON LOVE EARTH MUSIC, THERE ARE TWO DIFFENT COLORED COVERS HOUSING BAD AS HELL TRANSLUCENT PRUPLE WAX…………AS PLEASING TO THE EYE, AS IT IS TO THE EAR, WITH COLLABORATIVE ARTWORK FROM THE LOVELY KEVIN FETUS AND MORIES FROM ADERLATING/GNAW THEIR TONGUES!!”

Also, SEA OF SHIT 7"s are still hot. I've got a few copies left for anyone still wanting a copy of this. Best 7" of 2011.

weed
squamish female fellowship

Post by weed »

still have that salome lp? i will buy the shit out of it.
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

long gone my friend