boo
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Re: ABSURD EXPOSITION distro updates

Post by shakehurst »

whatever I do have (aka not much) is at http://absurdexposition.storenvy.com

INVERTED FOREST #4 now in stock.

Australian import.

Richard is back with another issue of Inverted Forest. I've carried copies of this right from #1 and am always excited for the new issue when he emails me and says that it's ready.

While all previous issues had interviews and reviews, this issue contains only in-depth articles/rants on hardcore. Topics range from artwork to fanzines, personal politics to over production, to hardcore egos and scene stagnation, not just the music/lyrics that are always at the forefront (and often the only topic discussed) in most other zines of this nature.

As always, Richard has a good head on his shoulders and doesn't have an overbearing writing style. Though I agree with most of what he says anyways, I don't think people who didn't share the same mindset would feel preached to or shamed.

Highly recommended. 15 pages, A4 size.

Some quotes:

"like has always been and will always be stronger than love. You can't always find reasons to love and tolerate but you can easily create reasons to unify and like."

"That is why imposters and impresonation are filtered and discarded immediately; it is impossible to feign true hopelessness and anyone who attempts to do so will be completely conspicuous."

"History will not remember you and time will diminish you within the month."

"I will listen to whatever I want to."

http://absurdexposition.storenvy.com
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

AHNA LP repress now in stock. Vancouver drone-violence. Repress on Black Banana Records with new artwork.

"Genuinely unsettling music- lurching, droning bass/ drum rhythms, tortured vocals and propulsive noise erupting into ugly blasting. Frustrating and cathartic; completely compelling."

shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

The final tape from Toronto's THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE is now in stock.

This is the only place you can get it in Canada. 20 Buck Spin will soon have them for US folks. The rest of the world may order from me or 20 Buck Spin, take your pick.

"Last ever release for The Endless Blockade, an 11 minute cassette of the only recording of the final line up of Bloomer, Carroll, Edgar, King and Nolan. Recorded in our practice space the week before we dissolved the band this cassette represents the set list we played at pretty much every show in 2010; though it lacks the extended noise and closing song of either Do Not Resuscitate or Qabalistic Zero."

Twitch of the Death Nerve. 2011. Survivalist.

Tomorrow should see the delivery of the WINTERS IN OSAKA tapes to my door, copies will then be available from myself and from Adam shortly as well.

Submission deadline for the second AE online comp is April 1st.

Other items in stock since last update:
SPECIAL INTERESTS #7 (and restocks of #4-#6)
VOID SACRIFICE #1
WAKE THE MACHINES / OCKSEN 7"
shakehurst
VIHC Poster

Post by shakehurst »

The first release on Absurd Exposition: WINTERS IN OSAKA - Red Passage: The Cassette Years Discography Part 1 CS is out now. Spans 2007-2009 and compiles material from “Pierced Ears, Pierced Eyes”, “Mechanics”, split with DEATH AGONIES, and collaboration with P.T.M. Limited to 50 pro-done tapes with pseudo-xeroxed covers.