COLUMN OF HEAVEN - Ecstatically Embracing TAPE

Shirts, CDs, 7"s, LPs, Gear, Vans, Lawnmowers

Moderators: Andrew, dalamar501

shakehurst
VIHC Poster

COLUMN OF HEAVEN - Ecstatically Embracing TAPE

Post by shakehurst »

COLUMN OF HEAVEN - Ecstatically Embracing all that we Habitually Suppress CS now in stock.

COLUMN OF HEAVEN is the evolution of THE ENDLESS BLOCKADE. Six songs that continue with the essence of material present on their later releases (notably the split with UNEARTHLY TRANCE).

While boasting and embracing sounds that would at times individually come across as death metal or grind... the tracks are always unmistakably power violence influenced hardcore. Opening and closing power electronic pieces serve as appropriate bookends to this brief venture down different avenues, while still returning to the same street. (I wonder if Pitchfork will hire me for reviews?)

COH has the departure of Carroll and Edgar, with Nolan taking up the vocal duties, King remaining on drums, and Ward being a new addition (not that guy behind the kit in that other band people seem to care about).

Nolan says: When we were talking about starting this band the original idea was a loose "Like Blockade but with more noise and less hardcore; more weird shit." This release definitely isn't "less hardcore; more weird shit", at least not to my ears. The future may be different, but we'll see what that looks like when we get there i guess. The noise to music ratio is about the same as on the Blockade/ Unearthly Trance split LP.

Listen to Binge//Purge here.

If you're in Canada the only place you can get these from is me. PayPal $9ppd to absurd.exposition[]at[]gmail[]dot[]com, send an email for other payment options.

http://absurdexposition.blogspot.com
grind/bro
Message me for information on Christian youth groups in Victoria

Re: COLUMN OF HEAVEN - Ecstatically Embracing TAPE

Post by grind/bro »

This sounds like early bands on Willowtip records. Am interested.
tylerp wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm made a baby hhhehehhh